HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

MOM against Sheffield

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 09 Jul 2007, 04:09:22 pm
Tough one to call this week, Calvert played well, Seeds was excellent after he came on in the 2nd Half, Rudd had a solid game, Bull & Fats tackled their hearts out with Fats weighing in with a try, Fletcher once again showed his SL class and Matty finally seems to have found his position in the team. But my vote would have to go to Sicey, just his unpredictability gains us yards.

Going to be a problem next week including Duffy in the 17, just who do you drop? Would put Joe back on the bench replacing Seeds, that leaves Eilbeck, Rob Jackson and Seeds fighting over 2 centre places - over to you DR to sort this one out, neither of the 3 deserve to be dropped.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 09 Jul 2007, 06:38:55 pm
carl sice mom for me brilliant performance. rob jackson had a good game aswell tackled like a trojan.

Jackson had a terrible game, First half he was awful, passed into touch and then even tried to blame Calvert, missed too many tackles as well. Sice picked things up when he came on and then when he went off things seemed to stop. Aaron Smith is a far better player when he's running at the line rather than just passing the ball, which he's been doing for the past couple of months. Teare and Jacko took up a lot of ball and had good games, Fats did ok in his second spell but he's not the same player he was. Trindall's not even half the player he was this time last year. Fletcher ran well as he normally does.

popularsider

Reply #17 on: 09 Jul 2007, 06:50:10 pm
do you watch the same steve trindall as everyone else? he makes 40 plus tackles a game he gains 10 yards a game his quick play the balls get us rolling  ::)

jackson missed 1 tackle and that was because he came out the line and anticipating a long ball and sheffield threw a short ball, nobody criticised derrie for coming out the line at cas or at home against fax costing us tries on both occasions, jackson after that 1 missed tackle made up for it he tackled his heart out yesterday.  your right rob jacko did throw the ball into touch after calvert had moved in off the line now either calvert should have said to rob jacko "im coming inside" or rob jacko should have said to calvert " i want you coming on the inside on the next play" and by judging the way jacko recated he never told calvert to come inside so calvert should have stayed put. jacko then gave the final pass for calverts 2nd try after a wonderful ball by sicey to him.next season when scott macca is fit i would expect him and rob jacko to be the centres macca for his attacking qualities rob jacko for his defence.
« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2007, 06:52:38 pm by popularsider »

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #18 on: 10 Jul 2007, 10:12:21 am
I can't understand all this fuss over Rob Jackson, he is playing poorly at the moment but a lot of people on here rave about how good he is, are they actually watching what he does in games or are they saying he's good just because he's from away? If someone who signed from Kells, Hensingham or Brow were putting in the same level of performance that Rob was putting in currently they'd be a lot on here calling for him to be dropped. On Sunday when he passesd into touch he wasn't even looking where he was passing to, can you imagine what type of reaction that would have got on here had Derry Eilbeck done the same thing. Derry Eilbeck is our most improved player this year (I was one who couldn't understand what DR saw in him, but I can now), when it came down to a choice between who to play in the centre between Derry and Rob our esteemed coached chose Derry and played Rob on the wing (again while playing wing Rob made a few errors in defence which cost us tries). If it was down to me to pick the centre's for this week I'm afraid Rob Jackson would be out because Seeds plays well with Calvert and Eilbeck has formed a useful partnership with Madden. Maybe a place on the bench for Jackson as he could cover second row.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 10 Jul 2007, 11:02:26 am
I can't understand all this fuss over Rob Jackson, he is playing poorly at the moment but a lot of people on here rave about how good he is, are they actually watching what he does in games or are they saying he's good just because he's from away? If someone who signed from Kells, Hensingham or Brow were putting in the same level of performance that Rob was putting in currently they'd be a lot on here calling for him to be dropped. On Sunday when he passesd into touch he wasn't even looking where he was passing to, can you imagine what type of reaction that would have got on here had Derry Eilbeck done the same thing. Derry Eilbeck is our most improved player this year (I was one who couldn't understand what DR saw in him, but I can now), when it came down to a choice between who to play in the centre between Derry and Rob our esteemed coached chose Derry and played Rob on the wing (again while playing wing Rob made a few errors in defence which cost us tries). If it was down to me to pick the centre's for this week I'm afraid Rob Jackson would be out because Seeds plays well with Calvert and Eilbeck has formed a useful partnership with Madden. Maybe a place on the bench for Jackson as he could cover second row.

well sed m8. agree totally. i think he good player but just not happening for him at the moment. if he was on the bench as a 2nd row replacement id just be worried about hu missed out instead of him. the only player that i can see as droppable is flapper but id hope to god we have 2 props on the bench. wud hate it if someone like spence had to make way for r jacko in 2nd row wouldnt be fair on the lad. hu ever misses out is gona be rightly ****ed off but it not a bad position to be in i suppose, having tomany players