HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Castleford v Haven - Your Reactions

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 01 Jul 2007, 06:48:00 pm

Aaron Smith is leaving at the end of the season. We can use his super
 league wages to bring in a top quality prop for next season.

Smith leaving, Lester retireing and Sice wanting to leave...that leaves us with Matty as our only hooker for next season.

Thats if its all true

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 01 Jul 2007, 06:57:20 pm
I  thought  smith  still  had  a  year on  his  contract.

Still  when  you  look  at  players  retiring  you might  also  include  Fats,  Leroy,  Seedsy,  Trindall,  Hill.  All  are  into  their  30's  and  will  need  replacing  soon.

popularsider

Reply #17 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:05:12 pm
players retiering are
lester (gone already)
leroy
fats
trindall
seeds

i think smith will sign a new deal at the club and sicey will stay. i also think maden will sign a new deal

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:08:24 pm
Seen as you lot werent there, I think i'll comment on the game as I was there. Now while i'd admit the penalty count leaned towards Cas, your team went for the head so many times in that game.. it was appalling. You really need to sort that out.
if u were there how did u get back so early?

popularsider

Reply #19 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:10:53 pm
beths a cas fan. accodring to widnes fans beth your team are no angels either going for high shots all the time. what about the elbow by brough on eilbeck while he was on the being tackled? what about the punchs being thrown by liam higgins and joe westerman in tackles ??

Offline Beth

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:20:06 pm
beths a cas fan. accodring to widnes fans beth your team are no angels either going for high shots all the time. what about the elbow by brough on eilbeck while he was on the being tackled? what about the punchs being thrown by liam higgins and joe westerman in tackles ??

How the hell did you get back in less than 2 hours? Or did you just base your opinions on the Cumbrian commentary? I didnt say that we were angels, we're far from it (And to say Westerman was putting punches in is a load of crap, the guys 17 and doesnt have a violent bone in his body). But you were going for the head in the tackles all the time. (and why bring up things that Widnes fans said?)

popularsider

Reply #21 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:23:34 pm
i was basing what i was told from my dad who went to the game when he rang before, he said the young lad from cas threw a punch towards marc jackson who looked at westerman and laughed.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 01 Jul 2007, 09:12:27 pm
not much i can say about the performance as i wasnt there, however the score is not acceptable, full time or not, IF we have any aspirations to play in SL we have to start tackling and not thinking these guys have four arms and countless legs!
to use the full time crack is rubbish,are halifax full time? errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr NO yet they managed to beat widnes, to me its just an easy excuse to lose a game we arent expected to win

if full time means that much lets all hand our tickets back in for blackpool, because if the players believe it they neednt bother going!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #23 on: 01 Jul 2007, 09:21:51 pm
here here

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 01 Jul 2007, 09:39:01 pm
Yes we were second best and did not deserve to win but we weren't 12-44 worse

Penalty count was high against Haven (some justified, some marginal but Cas seemed to get away with the same) and no 50/50s went for Haven

Started both halves poorly - need to sort this and if Sice's try had been allowed in 2nd half then maybe!! Cas scored straight after from a blatant forward pass but that's life

On this performance we will finish 3rd behind Widnes & Cas (in that order)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 01 Jul 2007, 09:42:13 pm
Yes we were second best and did not deserve to win but we weren't 12-44 worse

Penalty count was high against Haven (some justified, some marginal but Cas seemed to get away with the same) and no 50/50s went for Haven

Started both halves poorly - need to sort this and if Sice's try had been allowed in 2nd half then maybe!! Cas scored straight after from a blatant forward pass but that's life

On this performance we will finish 3rd behind Widnes & Cas (in that order)

we really have to get away from 2 major things in a game.............

giving so many penalties away
and feeling bloody sorry for ourselves
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #26 on: 01 Jul 2007, 10:31:18 pm
we were great in the first half and really gave cas a run for their money and i for one belived that we were gonna snatch it, but unfortunatly it all went wrong it the 2nd half i cant say that haven were rubbish but castleford's class shone through and you could deffinatly tell who was full time and who wasn't Ref was a disgrace, even a cas fan was complaining bout him so he must have been bad !! lol overall a disapointing performance but the match had its moments and the scoreline didn't reflect the game at all

Can't say i was to impressed by the danny scruff sorry brough neither  :D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #27 on: 01 Jul 2007, 10:48:46 pm
Jamie Leahy, the ref, is one of the worst in the British game BUT he is usually equally as bad for both teams and blows up when, half the time, there is no need.   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 02 Jul 2007, 01:04:08 am
sorry to disagree...........Mr Hewer is a lot worse, this guy has a problem with leigh-had him 3 times and lost 3 times. Not saying that we are angels but he allways creams us on the penalty count, which is unfair when the outher team is just as bad.

Offline Fourfoot

• Academy Signing
Reply #29 on: 02 Jul 2007, 08:40:32 am
I was there, and we couldn't work out what half the penalties given against us were for, and neither could the Cas lads behind me. As for the allegations of swinging arms, pity Leahy didn't see the knee that was aimed at Jacko's nose in the second half, despite being right in front of him. I admit that we weren't great, and we have some serious issues to resolve (keeping hold of the ball would be a start), but Cas had it all their own way yesterday.  >:(
Haven- It's a way of life