HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Castleford v Haven - Your Reactions

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #30 on: 02 Jul 2007, 04:08:23 pm
I thought we were going to get a victory from this game when it was 12 - 12 but from what i saw the Haven boys were shattered from tackling tackling and tackling they hardly had the ball ! Not impressed by Danny Brough at all he was kept quiet by the our lads ! Danny went off after half time and they replaced him with a better scrum half which was opening gaps.

So good effort from the lads just pityful what the ref was doing ! by the end of the match they were exhausted also i saw Sicey and Duffy complaining to the ref at half time !

Offline Beth

• Academy Signing
Reply #31 on: 02 Jul 2007, 04:18:21 pm
Not impressed by Danny Brough at all he was kept quiet by the our lads ! Danny went off after half time and they replaced him with a better scrum half which was opening gaps.

I agree, DB has been off the boil lately and there is talk of us swapping him for Jefferies at Wakefield. That scrum-half we replaced him with was 17yr old Joe Westerman.

http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/showprofile.cgi?22

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #32 on: 02 Jul 2007, 04:31:46 pm
Well he was alot better than Danny Brough  :D

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 02 Jul 2007, 04:33:46 pm
   I WAS AT THE MATCH AND I THINK WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE LADS THE WAY THEY PLAYED,WE SPOKE TO SEVERAL CAS FANS AND THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT MOST OF THE PEN WERE FOR I HAVE FOLLOWED HAVEN SINCE 1948 I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT REFS BUT LEAHY & HEWER ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.AND I AM QUITE SHURE CAS WILL BE IN 1st  DIV NEXT YEAR THEY DID NOT IMPRESS ME FOR A  FULL TIME  TEAM I WOULD NOT CHANGE HAVEN FOR THEM.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #34 on: 02 Jul 2007, 04:38:21 pm
   I WAS AT THE MATCH AND I THINK WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF THE LADS THE WAY THEY PLAYED,WE SPOKE TO SEVERAL CAS FANS AND THEY DID NOT KNOW WHAT MOST OF THE PEN WERE FOR I HAVE FOLLOWED HAVEN SINCE 1948 I HAVE NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT REFS BUT LEAHY & HEWER ARE THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN.AND I AM QUITE SHURE CAS WILL BE IN 1st  DIV NEXT YEAR THEY DID NOT IMPRESS ME FOR A  FULL TIME  TEAM I WOULD NOT CHANGE HAVEN FOR THEM.
Exactly i wasnt suprised Haven lost with the amount of endless tackling throughout the whole entire match  :o  :o

popularsider

Reply #35 on: 02 Jul 2007, 05:33:04 pm
ive played against westerman when he was 15-16  ;D

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 02 Jul 2007, 05:36:28 pm
At times in the first half we defended really well. I thought at half time we quite easily could have went in 30-12 behind and imagine then what the score would have been. The biggest concern i think is that our forwards are not taking ball up. It's up to Broadbent and Calvert to do the hard work and there taking far too much ball up and it's got to the point where it's not just running from there own 20 it's all the time, whether it's in the gameplan or not something needs changed otherwise we're going to struggle even in our home games. The discipline should have been sorted out at half time, as i've said before we did well to keep Cas to 18 at half time it could quite easily have been more with players giving daft penalties away such as taking someone out who was chasing a kick when he had no chance of ever getting within 15 yards of the ball. When we were on top after about 20 minutes we lost all our momentum when Aaron Smith put in a high tackle to allow Cas to clear there own half. I have little complaints about Leahy, First half we lacked discipline and he punished us for it, some of our fans seem to think we're allowed to knock on. Rotheram should have sorted that out at half time but Second Half they were just as bad. I don't know if the pass to Fletcher was forward or not like the majority of people (even those who said it was never forward) i couldn't possibly tell. All i think we need to do is start using our forwards more and get them running onto the ball, then look to use our backs. If we continue like this we're going to be very beatable even at home.

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 02 Jul 2007, 05:44:17 pm
Just watched the highlights video and Cas looked pretty good at moving the ball along the backs. All seem to run from deep very good at creating the extra man.

Agree with the forwards to they seemed to be able to bust through the try by the prop under the sticks was terrible thrre palyers on him and he scores.

Offline 007

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 02 Jul 2007, 08:15:03 pm
ive played against westerman when he was 15-16  ;D
he's only 17 now ;D

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 02 Jul 2007, 08:51:08 pm
penalty count was 24 2 against haven the ref was a joke he always is ruined the whole game penalty count was 12 2 at half time but still cant take away the performace cas were the better team undoubtedly hope we can get ouselvs into shape asap

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 02 Jul 2007, 08:55:34 pm
penalty count was 24 2 against haven the ref was a joke he always is ruined the whole game penalty count was 12 2 at half time but still cant take away the performace cas were the better team undoubtedly hope we can get ouselvs into shape asap

Going a bit over the top aren't you there, think it was 14 they got in the end and we got more than 2.

Offline Beth

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 02 Jul 2007, 09:17:46 pm
penalty count was 24 2 against haven

:D :D :D
It was 14-7.

popularsider

Reply #42 on: 02 Jul 2007, 09:49:43 pm
didnt he ref the nrc final last season?

i think
tabner
dawber
o'halloran

are the 3 candidates for the final

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #43 on: 02 Jul 2007, 11:09:49 pm
Yes we were second best and did not deserve to win but we weren't 12-44 worse

Penalty count was high against Haven (some justified, some marginal but Cas seemed to get away with the same) and no 50/50s went for Haven

Started both halves poorly - need to sort this and if Sice's try had been allowed in 2nd half then maybe!! Cas scored straight after from a blatant forward pass but that's life

On this performance we will finish 3rd behind Widnes & Cas (in that order)

Yes it was a mile forward, in fact it was nearly as far forward as Seeds' pass to Calvert for his try, going by the highlights!!!!    I think you missed that one in your commentary HWL ;) ;) ;)
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

popularsider

Reply #44 on: 02 Jul 2007, 11:13:55 pm
seeds one could be class as the momentum rule the cas could be classed as the american footbal rule