HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Dewsbury - Match Reaction

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 18 Mar 2018, 09:33:36 pm
Didn't have much hope for this one but it was a brilliant performance.

Jesse deserved man of the match but a lot of good performances. Thompson had his best game in a Haven shirt and Mossop is starting to look sharp. Dion needs to stay at 6 too, added a lot going forward. Forster, shacks and coward were solid and over powered their pack.

Still the odd brain fart, the usual conceding stupid penalties on the last tackle,  passing to forster on the last tackle just after Callum picked up a knock, Howarth kicking the ball into touch on the last tackle when we were only 6 points clear and in a great attacking position and then trying a kick through on the second tackle while defending a slim lead and with three minutes left

Was Connor injured?

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 18 Mar 2018, 09:46:46 pm
well done to all today ,I went to the game today not expecting us to get much from it however the team from 1 to 17 (including conner who filled a seat on the bench although still injured) gave 100% and a performance to be proud of,hopefully we can take this as a standard to push on into the season ahead.the only downside to today was the lack of a crowd any serious rl fan in Whitehaven need to realise that we need to SUPPORT HAVEN in whatever way we can if we want the club to survive.the board can't do it all on their own.
« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2018, 09:27:55 am by denisatesk »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 19 Mar 2018, 08:39:36 am
Shame on the fans that did not attend our best performance of the season jjp went well dion outstanding thought 1_16 put a shift in hopefully we get a home draw next

Watch us get a home draw against Wigan or Leeds. Everyone will come out of the woodwork then. Its always the same. I was amazed there was over 400. Thought 250 - 300.

Offline Millomite

• Academy Signing
Reply #33 on: 19 Mar 2018, 08:49:52 am
Shame on the fans that did not attend our best performance of the season jjp went well dion outstanding thought 1_16 put a shift in hopefully we get a home draw next

Watch us get a home draw against Wigan or Leeds. Everyone will come out of the woodwork then. Its always the same. I was amazed there was over 400. Thought 250 - 300.

Only 4 teams come in at the next round, Warrington, Widnes, Hull KR and Catalans I think.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #34 on: 19 Mar 2018, 08:55:35 am

Only 4 teams come in at the next round, Warrington, Widnes, Hull KR and Catalans I think.

thats right.
born and bred haven.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 19 Mar 2018, 09:21:46 am

Yeah how dare they come and pay £16 to watch top class teams/players !!!

Offline home and away

• Academy Signing
Reply #36 on: 19 Mar 2018, 09:55:50 am

Will you come out from behind the keyboard and come to a game? Probably not!

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 19 Mar 2018, 11:48:05 am
Thank you to all our Brave fans yesterday! it was freezing out there!

Amanda.

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 19 Mar 2018, 12:35:24 pm
It's an expensive month for fans this month with 3 home games. To go to the Kells game, our game vs dewsbury and our next two games vs Hemel and Town (both at home) would cost an adult knocking on £60 within a month.

Given our poor form and poor performances,  the bad weather and being the underdog it's not surprising this was a low gate. Hopefully the fans will come back for the next two games.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 19 Mar 2018, 01:45:58 pm

Been to a game this season thanks,although I’m not a “super fan “ like some on here spouting rubbish about shame,coming out the woodwork etc,that’s hardly going to attract any floating/new fans to games.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #40 on: 19 Mar 2018, 02:09:21 pm

Been to a game this season thanks,although I’m not a “super fan “ like some on here spouting rubbish about shame,coming out the woodwork etc,that’s hardly going to attract any floating/new fans to games.

it was shame fans missed our best performance this season. well done you being to a game this season weve had a few ::) ::) ::) ::)
born and bred haven.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 19 Mar 2018, 02:36:53 pm

it was shame fans missed our best performance this season. well done you being to a game this season weve had a few ::) ::) ::) ::)

Well how DARE people have a life outside Rugby League.  I mean their family and loved ones will just have to take a back seat whilst they MUST attend a rugby match.

You have no right to chastise people because they pick and choose which games they go to or indeed, can actually afford to go to.  Not everyone is obsessed with all things WRLFC.  Nor do you know if they actually afford to attend every game.  Your sly comment is uncalled for!

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #42 on: 19 Mar 2018, 03:12:37 pm

Well how DARE people have a life outside Rugby League.  I mean their family and loved ones will just have to take a back seat whilst they MUST attend a rugby match.

You have no right to chastise people because they pick and choose which games they go to or indeed, can actually afford to go to.  Not everyone is obsessed with all things WRLFC.  Nor do you know if they actually afford to attend every game.  Your sly comment is uncalled for!

If you want the club to survive fans must surport the club through the turnstiles.

« Last Edit: 19 Mar 2018, 04:17:48 pm by noahrob »

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #43 on: 19 Mar 2018, 03:30:07 pm
To be fair, as low as the gate gate was, The Kell's game would of knocked a couple of hundred off, and the donny showing probably the same, but the bar takings would surely have more than made up for that.  Good performances next week for us and Town should see a bumper GF crowd.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 19 Mar 2018, 07:09:58 pm

Wow Superfan strikes again,well done.