HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Some how we must make sure we are competitive in the NRC final

XIII · 17 · 1666

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
My big concern is that we won't be able to live with Widnes in the NRC.  widnes are just as quick as Cas and their is every chance we will get steam rollered again.  We need to turn it into a dog fight without giving away the penalities we did today.  Not easy I know but otherwise I fear the worsed...a public flogging.

popularsider

howard has a chance of playing in the nrc final.

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
great to here he is nearly back but the reality is he won't be "match"  fit for 5-6 weeks.

popularsider

would still give us a good 15-20 min stint off the bench in both halfs.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
i cant see us getting within cooey of widnes!!

every year when we have been beaten in the semis by a team who then has gotten a good pasting in the final i have thought, "god we could have done better than that!!,"
god help us on july 15th!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

WHITEHAVENHERO

Thank gods its in Blackpool I say, it's not a total waste of a full day then.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
A final is a one off game where anything can happen.We are going into the game as underdogs with nothing to lose and everything to gain at a neutral venue with around 4000 supporters who are all going to be sitting together and singing themselves hoarse.With a bit of self belief I think that this will be our best opportunity of beating Widnes this season.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
the thing is we will beat widnes and cass at home its just away that concerns me

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on what exactly are you basing that?
current form? no chance!
form throughout the season? even less chance
or form for 40 minutes against halifax?...... nothing so far to suggest that is likely to be repeated

i'd love to be wrong, but i just dont see us living with widnes, cas at home .....maybe so long as we realise we cant keep giving cheap penalties and possession away to them
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
have faith for god sake . the favourites have never won the nrc and look at steve macs record in finals not good is it. lets get behind the lads and believe in them cos im sure they will turn out in blackers fully believing in themselves.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
have faith for god sake . the favourites have never won the nrc and look at steve macs record in finals not good is it. lets get behind the lads and believe in them cos im sure they will turn out in blackers fully believing in themselves.
Here here and please god NO LEAHY !!

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Yeah anything can happen in a one off game, away the lads!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Its  live  on  SKY  so  even  if  Leahy  does  Ref  he'll  have  to  be  fair  for  both  sides  or  else  he'll  show  himself  up.

Offline toddy

• Academy Star

every year when we have been beaten in the semis by a team who then has gotten a good pasting in the final i have thought, "god we could have done better than that!!,"

Have you forgotten what happens after a team gets Hammered? needed last weeks game right before the final! Fire in the belly comes from a good lesson.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer

Have you forgotten what happens after a team gets Hammered? needed last weeks game right before the final! Fire in the belly comes from a good lesson.

no toddy i havent forgotten what happens to a team after they get hammered, and you are indeed partially right fire in the belly so they could well be fired up for the final, other teams go into a shell and a slump and come out next time feeling they couldnt beat eggs with a stick
lets hope our guys have the fire in their bellies!!
i'm sure ,as you always like to let everyone know, with your vast and superior knowledge, you could pop into the changing rooms before the game and tell the lads how it should be played!!!! >:( >:( >:(
the reverand, big mac