HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Town. Match reaction

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #30 on: 31 Mar 2018, 10:13:20 am
Who did they give out as man of the match? I thought shackley, forster or Abram could have got it?
Callum Philips got the sponsors I would of gave it to dan abram for nailing the touchline kicks alone. What a great day
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 31 Mar 2018, 10:25:53 am
Made hard work of beating a team with only 12 or 13 players trying.   Turning 3 easy kicks down in the first half cost us 10 points as town went down the field and kicked 2 penalties.  That said that was a ridiculous buzz and reason true haven fans will never want to merge or be any part of koulash's circus.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 31 Mar 2018, 10:34:17 am
I’d say foz played 65 mins at least and playing with a torn tendon according to twitter and a broken hand they guy is outstanding and busted them nermous times

Offline HavenRL2010

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 31 Mar 2018, 10:54:24 am
I’d say foz played 65 mins at least and playing with a torn tendon according to twitter and a broken hand they guy is outstanding and busted them nermous times
I agree marra Foz gave it is all yesterday. Can’t believe the stick he gets off some fans on the popular side!! The lad gives 100% every week.

• Haven Legend
Reply #34 on: 31 Mar 2018, 11:00:22 am
He’s outstanding as as someone said on Twitter we are damn lucky to have him

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #35 on: 31 Mar 2018, 11:06:33 am
I think Foz is up there with any of the best coaches we have ever had.......AND he plays big mins nearly every week. Immense character.

On a second point....I've just looked at towns next three fixtures.........they will struggle to win any of them IMO.......could be a deep deep gloom setting in up the road over the next three or so weeks.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2018, 11:09:52 am by cbandg01 »

Offline harry callaghan

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 31 Mar 2018, 11:40:17 am
Having  had time to digest things , yesterday can be summarised by two teams neither at the top of their game on the day slogging it .We were not brilliant but neither were Workington,in the end heart and desire won the day and you simply can't buy that.
The aftermath of the result is very telling on many fronts .Excuses from our friends up the road
The game went on too long,maybe if their players didn't go down at every breakdown to slow the game down,then there would not have been as much time left.
The ref was awful,I would say the ref was consistent, he penalised both sides the same ,and only WRLFC ended up in a team warning .
They had a good try disallowed for forward pass? while Whitehaven had two disallowed for double movements

Their fitness was shocking ,after numerous assertions of how fit they are ,after 60 mins most of them were blowing like an old cart horse.
Then we have their coach ,some one who I admired as player ,I'm not a user of twitter,but one of my younger friends was showing yesterday evening some of his responses,also told me that he has removed from twitter anyone who comments on the victory .He comes across as a bit of a sore loser.
Final word must go to young Danny boy, to have one successful conversion from the touchline is very good,to have 2 one after the hooter to win the game .He must have nerves of steel.

Can we please sign the doran and Dawson next season,they can keep the rest .
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2018, 11:42:33 am by harry callaghan »

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 31 Mar 2018, 01:36:11 pm
It is known fact that Jamie Doran wants to play for Haven it is up to the BOD to sort it out

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #38 on: 31 Mar 2018, 03:13:59 pm
Leon is a baby arse he’s banned loads of haven fans on twitter from having banter with him I had loads of respect for him as a player but now he’s a cry baby bitch

Seems he has no respect for the Ike trophy, was only a friendly he is saying. Totally out of order, the game commenerates a legend who represented both clubs.

HW

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 31 Mar 2018, 03:44:00 pm
was told he had to lose weight.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #40 on: 01 Apr 2018, 11:55:20 am
Just finished reading the major investigation into town getting beaten again by us and the review show that we are a better team even with 16 men available. But unfortunatly out neighbours do t seem to realise that and still claim we are a heap even one of the muppets claim that Dan The man was the worst player on the pitch even tho we all know that town big money signings took that award to share between themselves
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 01 Apr 2018, 12:02:07 pm
They can’t accept defeat by a Better team even worse 16 players patched up to play and the big. Spenders couldn’t get the job done again they even said before the game expecting to flog us that the best team will win how wrong wer they and even now can’t admit it

2-0 to the pride of West Cumbria

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 01 Apr 2018, 12:18:34 pm
Tansey, leatherbarrow, Bailey and foster stealing a living, if they were any good they would all be in championship closer to home but must be summat there coming all this way for 💰💰💰 think we will see doran at haven next year and I would go for Dawson but the rest they can have. Just shows games arnt won on paper and the comments on social media from our coach shows he has Haven in his heart so that will do for me, can see town losing there next 3 and us winning ours, not looking bad.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #43 on: 01 Apr 2018, 04:14:24 pm
Tansey, leatherbarrow, Bailey and foster stealing a living, if they were any good they would all be in championship closer to home but must be summat there coming all this way for 💰💰💰 think we will see doran at haven next year and I would go for Dawson but the rest they can have. Just shows games arnt won on paper and the comments on social media from our coach shows he has Haven in his heart so that will do for me, can see town losing there next 3 and us winning ours, not looking bad.
750 win lose or draw for Bailey tansey and foster is stealing a living when some of their teammates could have been on 150 losing pay

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 01 Apr 2018, 05:10:43 pm
Doubt losing pay be that for anyone in this league.