HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v West Wales Raiders - Match Reaction

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 15 Apr 2018, 08:59:12 pm
brilliant result. Shame we didnt get to a 100 haha

well done JJP - awesome achievement

really disappointed with the crowd - crowds at that level even with no travelling fans means that we are at the level of coventry and not that many more than hemel. We cant survive on that

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 15 Apr 2018, 09:04:48 pm
Got to agree we need to get more down its just giving people a reason to come and today we did and next week id be dissopointed if we didnt get around the 1000 mark

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 15 Apr 2018, 09:25:11 pm
Haven post a resounding win over West Wales Raiders

Whitehaven 84 - West Wales Raiders 6 (25yarder - is this a home record)?

Your match thoughts.........
It certainly is a record on 2 counts
1. Highest ever HOME win (previous record was 80:6 against Nottingham on last day of 91/2 season with 5 tries by Vince Gribbin and 12 goals by Steve Maguire.

nb the highest ever score was AWAY to Highfield on 25 Jan 95 when we won 86:6 with the match being abandoned after 63 mins due to adverse weather (with approval of both teams)!!

2.  The above games produced 14 and 15 tries respectively ,  Today's tally of 17 is a new record

Brian

I was intending to go to the Highfield game when I set off for work in Bramley in Leeds in the morning but the weather meant that by kick off time I had only managed to travel about 15 miles to home

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 15 Apr 2018, 09:33:54 pm

Biggest disappointment was just 401 at the game after the club offered discount admission. I'm sure there will be more next week and if we beat Rochdale and get a plum home draw many will crawl out the woodwork and claim to be loyal fans  :uhoh: :uhoh:
[/quote]

Or they will read posts like yours and not bother.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 16 Apr 2018, 07:01:09 pm

Biggest disappointment was just 401 at the game after the club offered discount admission. I'm sure there will be more next week and if we beat Rochdale and get a plum home draw many will crawl out the woodwork and claim to be loyal fans  :uhoh: :uhoh:

Or they will read posts like yours and not bother.
[/quote]

Its fact though. West Wales was never an attractive fixture. Against Rochdale would should be pushing 800 and if they fetch a few fans will help. If they want to be armchair fans and pick certain games then its up to them but if the club suffers through lack of funds then they can't complain ??? ???