HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Rochdale 22.4.18 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 22 Apr 2018, 04:55:15 pm
The Haven are on πŸ”₯  πŸ”₯   πŸ”₯- what a  F  A  N  T  A  S  T  I  C  display from Haven to overthrow Championship opponents Rochdale Hornets

Full Time score:   Haven 38 - Rochdale 0

This display sees Haven in Wednesday's draw for Round 6 of the Ladbroke's Challenge Cup (Which will be drawn live on Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2 from 8:10am - 25.4.18)

Your reaction...............

πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’› Whitehaven RLFC πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’›

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:10:24 pm
The Haven are on πŸ”₯  πŸ”₯   πŸ”₯- what a  F  A  N  T  A  S  T  I  C  display from Haven to overthrow Championship opponents Rochdale Hornets

Full Time score:   Haven 38 - Rochdale 0

This display sees Haven in Wednesday's draw for Round 6 of the Ladbroke's Challenge Cup (Which will be drawn live on Chris Evans Breakfast Show on Radio 2 from 8:10am - 25.4.18)

Your reaction...............
Quite simply the best 80 minutes of rugby we have played in over 3 years.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Johnpauljones

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:18:26 pm
Whats the prize money for getting through to next round ?

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:25:56 pm
That’s the most enjoyable performance from a Haven team in a long long time. Game was won in first 20 when the Ref crucified us for everything, down to 12 men our defence was outstanding and kept them out time and time again, 1 to 17 we’re outstanding but my 3 stand out players were Callum, Chris and Cooper. Just hope lucks on our side and we get a biggy at home, well done Foz and all staff associated with haven, Outstanding  :bow: :bow:

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:29:34 pm
Be good to get Catalan at home.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:34:21 pm
What defence today, absolutely outstanding!!

In attack we were as dangerous as I’ve seen in the past few years. Seemed Callum was given free reign (a bit like Sice used to be) and Rochdale just couldn’t contain him, with the exception of off the ball headshots which went unpunished by an awful referee.

If performances AND results like today do not bring fans back then nothing ever will
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:37:39 pm
Why would you want Catalan?
Tough tie to win, Zero away support and not really that attractive for locals in all honesty

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:39:30 pm
One of the most dominant performances I have ever seen by anyone, every tackle hurt Rochdale, they didn't make one break and didn't get in our 20 once without penalties or our errors. With a fair referee and a bit more composure from us and the score would of been double. We deserve a good draw.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:44:46 pm
Haven were just too good for Rochdale starting to click now and was a pleasure to watch just wish we had the support on.the terraces and these performances deserve better the boys have delivered yet again the best showing I've seen for years at the recre

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:45:45 pm
Amazing performance. I expected a close game. Didn't think it would be as one sided as this. Defensively this was the best I've seen Haven in a long time. We had to soak up loads of pressure early on and even out scored them when we were down to 12.If we play like that for the season we'll be hard to beat.

1 to 17 we immense. Callum had his best game for us. Pity he was targeted late on. Taylor was outstanding as well. One player getting better and better is Reece. Big strong unit he was swatting them off like flies..

Team is really starting to gel and big credit must go to the coach. Confidence will only get better from this. As for the next round were the only Championship 1 side left in it. Another home draw would be nice. Our best chance of progressing would be Catalan at home. Failing that a SL side at home or even away for the cash it would bring in. Worst would be a Championship side away.

Well done Haven  ;) ;) ;)

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #11 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:56:43 pm
Why would you want Catalan?
Tough tie to win, Zero away support and not really that attractive for locals in all honesty

Catalans away for a few days in the sun would be good but for the club any of the better supported teams away from home would probably be best earner
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #12 on: 22 Apr 2018, 05:58:22 pm
πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’› Whitehaven RLFC πŸ€ŽπŸ’™πŸ’›

Offline meadow road lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:09:26 pm
Oh...for a full house at th Rec ... Wigan or wire...this would be my desire... The popular side roaring ..at the Kelly’s end scoring.. Bring it on.. What a great result today... all 17 brilliant.
Itchy wah wah oooh... masambula oooh.Zigga Zagga Zigga Zagga....Whitehaven πŸ˜‡πŸ€—πŸ˜£πŸš€

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:10:49 pm
Take a Bow Whitehaven RL
Quite simply
Practice, Proffessional, Perfect Performance
Team Spirit is sky high just prooves Team Spirit over Egos everyday
Well done everyone involved down at the Club