HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Rochdale 22.4.18 - Match Reaction

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:35:27 pm
We beat Oldham in the last round and the players were fantastic on that day , it's a game  i thoroughly enjoyed . The team  today were totally outstanding in every department against Rochdale , and hopefully the reward for the players will be a draw against a super league team . 

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #16 on: 22 Apr 2018, 06:39:37 pm
Thought Cris Taylor game was 2nd to none yet again, best I've seen him play for 2/3 seasons, well done lads all 1-17 and the back room staff for the best performance this season (onwards and upwards) come all you stay aways get back down and support your local club.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #17 on: 22 Apr 2018, 07:04:21 pm
Chris taylor is a.machine in defence and attack you just feel secure down his side all the time that's what a quality player does to you

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 22 Apr 2018, 07:17:30 pm
caalans away = big travelling bill. gotta hope for any home tie, today we have proved we can compete with yet another championship team with no big signings...the people who say we need a team of locals then today callum phillips, marc shackley, connor holiday , dan abrahams, jason mossop, lewis brown our PNG who to me are locals chris taylor who travels and has done for years are just a reason why we have a great spirit going on, dave thompson has been an absolute great signing who is happy to travel with fozzie we now have a cracking squad liam cooper and gillam are settling in well and we  improve week on week, today we proved just how well we are doing so come on anyone who are sitting on the fence get back down...callum phippiops try was worth the admission fee and danny greens break for our first try of the second half was class.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 22 Apr 2018, 07:19:29 pm
We beat Oldham in the last round and the players were fantastic on that day , it's a game  i thoroughly enjoyed . The team  today were totally outstanding in every department against Rochdale , and hopefully the reward for the players will be a draw against a super league team .

did we not beat dewsbury last round ???

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 22 Apr 2018, 07:42:10 pm
What was the attendance today ?

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #21 on: 22 Apr 2018, 07:50:29 pm

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 22 Apr 2018, 08:17:13 pm

Big disappointment was the attendance. Expected nearer the 1000 mark. One thing I would say is them 600 made a lot of noise and the players responded. The Ref was thanks for that. He hammered us for pens which incensed the crowd and it reverberated onto the pitch.

Can you imagine what it would be like if we had a packed Recre. Atmosphere would be electric  ;)

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 22 Apr 2018, 08:33:05 pm
If we can get more in small doses say 700 next game and keep building think we will be ok for me looked more than 600 today 😆

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 22 Apr 2018, 08:34:56 pm
Do the sponsors lounge people count on the attendance.?

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #25 on: 22 Apr 2018, 08:35:52 pm
Do the sponsors lounge people count on the attendance.?

Not sure about the official attendance but the hospitality money isn’t split
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 22 Apr 2018, 09:04:40 pm
what a great day.
massive performance but really disappointed in the crowd for a challenge cup match

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 22 Apr 2018, 09:36:27 pm
Be good to get Catalan at home.

That is the worst tie to get along with toronto, we are looking for a cash draw now not a maybe win
Up The Haven

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #28 on: 22 Apr 2018, 11:48:06 pm
Be good to get Catalan at home.

That is the worst tie to get along with toronto, we are looking for a cash draw now not a maybe win

Leigh or Featherstone would bring more fans than Toronto or Catalans, I personally would like to see any of the top four super league teams at home the Haven fans deserve it, and it would be a good money spinner for the club.

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 23 Apr 2018, 11:55:01 am

did we not beat dewsbury last round ???
   Just put the mistake down to old age + a few drinks enjoying the game :)