HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Squad

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 23 Apr 2018, 08:18:44 pm
Who has marra?
crack i heard other week is we turned them down for DR apparently forster prefers the players he wants on loan instead of being told you can have these 4 this week. And to be fair cooper and eaves are 2 quality players

There are, hopefully be with us for the season.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #16 on: 29 Apr 2018, 09:59:21 pm
Fozzy again questioned about bringing in new blood and again saying they are scouring the market. I know I said current lads should not be dropped on the form they are showing HOWEVER today there was more ban a few occasions where Haven players were on the ground injured. Maybe just maybe we should start spelling some of these lads off, even if just one a week if we can find a DR replacement of sufficient quality.

One Keighley fan on the way out he ground today was complaining about us always being on the ground, feigning injury and trying to slow the game down. I honestly don’t think (most anyway) was due to that, but the fact that there are a lot of players putting in big shifts every week and possibly playing when not 💯 fit as we are down to the bare bones.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #17 on: 29 Apr 2018, 10:43:09 pm
Fozzy again questioned about bringing in new blood and again saying they are scouring the market. I know I said current lads should not be dropped on the form they are showing HOWEVER today there was more ban a few occasions where Haven players were on the ground injured. Maybe just maybe we should start spelling some of these lads off, even if just one a week if we can find a DR replacement of sufficient quality.

One Keighley fan on the way out he ground today was complaining about us always being on the ground, feigning injury and trying to slow the game down. I honestly don’t think (most anyway) was due to that, but the fact that there are a lot of players putting in big shifts every week and possibly playing when not 💯 fit as we are down to the bare bones.
Totally agree pal.  It’s a big ask for a small squad to perform week in week out. Hopefully we will get some new faces on DR to spell off our key players
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 29 Apr 2018, 11:05:19 pm
Should have Shacks and Howarth back, plus Lister and i wouldn't hesitate in playing Bradley.  No need to panic.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 30 Apr 2018, 08:03:40 am
If Fozzy and Kris are out for a bit then we'll be a bit lightweight in the propping department. I agree no need to panic but maybe get Levy back for a month to help out or someone else.

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 30 Apr 2018, 08:46:18 am
Forget about levy he’s a Swinton player now gave faith in Fozzy if needed he will bring in the right player/ players
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 30 Apr 2018, 08:49:07 am
Carl forster will be back next week shacks brown Reece and cooper could fill in at prop short term but long term we are gonna need more cover

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2018, 11:22:27 am
think shacks maybe on holiday thats why he didnt play yesterday?

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2018, 01:19:09 pm
I think that it's very important that we as a club don't fall foul of running with a 'too small' squad. I'm fairly confident that we wont, BUT if we did, then it would be unfair and a disaster for future match day support if we once again started fielding under strength or under resourced match day squad numbers.
To start loosing games because we didn't have enough players would be like shooting ourselves in the foot .......obviously.......because supporters would quite rightly feel let down and start to question the clubs ambitions.

I know we are tight for money, and that the BOD, coach and current players are doing a fantastic job, BUT pushing realistically for promotion, and winning games against the homeland League 1 clubs on the way is critical for the clubs future this season and perhaps onwards.

Supporters digging into their own pockets this season, (as well as paying for admission to games) is an outstanding commitment, but not a longer term answer to the financial problems.

IMO, we need some form of interim sponsorship, from where I have no idea, but it's not beyond understanding to ask and expect the nuclear industry to come up with a few thousand pounds to help save and secure the short term progress and future of Copelands only pro / semipro sports team. 

« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2018, 01:53:22 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 06 May 2018, 05:37:29 pm
Not sure its the right attitude to 'expect' sponsorship from the nuclear industry. Why? It's also probably why we're in this situation now

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 06 May 2018, 07:50:16 pm
Think the Nuclear industry gravy train has ran out, the club has done well over the years from them.