HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Challenge Cup Round 6

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #15 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:13:15 am
Disaster of a draw. Couldn’t have been worse. Long trip and hardly a big money spinner.

Only good thing is it could be a great weekend jolly on the drink down in the south of France 🇫🇷. Decent weather. Nice local beer and wine. Hopefully the club will arrange a chartered flight and hotel package and we get plenty down. Sounds tempting  ;)

haven away to london the week after also 2 long trips and costly.
born and bred haven.

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:16:24 am
anyone intereseted in going to the south of france.
Get yourself to lloret shaun then bus over to perpignan flight to barca no too pricey either, flights to perpignan airport can be pricey but you could walk to the ground its that close to airport.

Offline eck

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:23:42 am
stitched up again awful draw for us.
Stitched up ??? It's an open draw and Haven just got a bad one.
I blame Chris Evans  ;) ;) :D

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:28:26 am
Players seem happy about it lol if we make a quid out of it still better than nought! We have had two Home games which could have been away. We have nothing to lose

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:42:13 am
What’s the prize money for reaching this round .? 

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:43:14 am

If anyone can find that out, they should be in MI5.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 25 Apr 2018, 09:48:09 am
It ain't a bad draw tbh York took them all the way so why can't we be a great weekend for the haven faithfull

The dream journey continues who knows what can happen the pressure is all on them let our lads enjoy the experience and test themselves again bring it on

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 25 Apr 2018, 10:15:31 am
It ain't a bad draw tbh York took them all the way so why can't we be a great weekend for the haven faithfull

The dream journey continues who knows what can happen the pressure is all on them let our lads enjoy the experience and test themselves again bring it on

no doudt it will be a great weekend away, then we have london away also and people going to magic weekend all im saying is it hasnt favoured us fans financially.
born and bred haven.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #23 on: 25 Apr 2018, 10:28:51 am
Let’s get hammering the BBC to show as one of the live  games
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #24 on: 25 Apr 2018, 10:36:31 am
Also do we still have the connections with the Catalans that were built up a few seasons back when we got the likes of Louis Jouffret, Sisi and Ugo Perez over here?

These could come in valuable if we do
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 25 Apr 2018, 11:04:18 am
Could be a good draw in the end up with a couple of players coming our way but sadly due to wrk commitments its a no goer for me gutted about the dates

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #26 on: 25 Apr 2018, 11:12:54 am

A director told me in total so far it's £7.5k. it's not as lucrative as you think

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 25 Apr 2018, 11:37:16 am

A director told me in total so far it's £7.5k. it's not as lucrative as you think

That's still a lot for us, and shouldn't be an amount that has been budgeted for.

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 25 Apr 2018, 12:25:32 pm

That's still a lot for us, and shouldn't be an amount that has been budgeted for.

it will soon get swallowed up by a few low gate and don't forget both cup crowds half will have been given away
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 25 Apr 2018, 01:05:06 pm

it will soon get swallowed up by a few low gate and don't forget both cup crowds half will have been given away

That's true, but it's still money we didn't expect.