HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v NW Crusaders - Match Reaction

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #15 on: 06 May 2018, 08:48:53 pm
Well left it this long to post as I feel the whole team left the supporters down? coach got it all wrong (as stated in radio commentary) and player looked as if they couldn’t give a dam . so much for giving 500£ to keep this team together??? no game management, no passion, no what ifs and definitely not brains on that field today (1 minute to go and penalty =2 points) 14-12 up, 2nd half another penalty 16-12 up and yes what do Whales do when they get 2 scores in front? they drop 1 point (game management!!!) we were never in the race. how can we attract more support when we never learn👎

Offline nickhutchinson

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 06 May 2018, 08:52:13 pm
People do know we’ll get hammered next week, the league is important not next week as it will be a cricket score

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 06 May 2018, 08:54:29 pm
People do know we’ll get hammered next week, the league is important not next week as it will be a cricket score
Agree so the coach should have focused on today’s game and the 2 points at stake ( he did not and that’s criminal)

Offline nickhutchinson

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 06 May 2018, 09:00:47 pm
It’s awful to be honest and in his interview he might as well have said that. Losing at home to north wales is really bad if we wanna finish in the top 4. 2 home defeats already in the league which is a worry

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 06 May 2018, 09:04:29 pm
Well left it this long to post as I feel the whole team left the supporters down? coach got it all wrong (as stated in radio commentary) and player looked as if they couldn’t give a dam . so much for giving 500£ to keep this team together??? no game management, no passion, no what ifs and definitely not brains on that field today (1 minute to go and penalty =2 points) 14-12 up, 2nd half another penalty 16-12 up and yes what do Whales do when they get 2 scores in front? they drop 1 point (game management!!!) we were never in the race. how can we attract more support when we never learn👎

Agree a very poor performance today. But that does not make them bad players. A lot of young players in this team and this is part of the learning curve. Hopefully they will learn from today. In hindsight probably better decisions could have been made but that does not hide the fact that we have a lot of talented youngsters in the team with a lot of potential. Surely it is better to try and keep them together to allow them to mature together instead of having a yearly merry go round of players or signing over the hill players? That is what we are trying to do. Knock it by all means but at least I’m trying to do something. If we all sit back and just criticise them then we might as well pack in now. Give them a chance please. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Des

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 06 May 2018, 09:06:37 pm
It’s awful to be honest and in his interview he might as well have said that. Losing at home to north wales is really bad if we wanna finish in the top 4. 2 home defeats already in the league which is a worry

Last time we played them at home was in the Championship. They won 0-34 and were relegated. We stayed up.

Des

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #21 on: 06 May 2018, 09:41:00 pm
Well said Des.......we have to keep the faith and NOT try to base the rest of the season on one bad result / poor performance.

What happened today doesn't help at all, but lets suck it up and give the guys a chance to redeem themselves.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 06 May 2018, 09:43:02 pm
des no need to be so defensive. We're supporters too and it's expensive to be one

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 06 May 2018, 10:03:04 pm
des no need to be so defensive. We're supporters too and it's expensive to be one

Sorry Sandwithyan didn’t realise I was being defensive. I know it is expensive for some fans, but what we are trying to do is aimed more at businesses. I also happen to believe in this squad and because of youth and inexperience with both players and the coach we may not always get everything right. Nobody knows that more than themselves.

Criticism of the performance this afternoon is fully justified it wasn’t good enough full stop. I’m sure all the lads will be looking to put that right.

Des

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #24 on: 06 May 2018, 11:00:41 pm
So disappointed with today we were on the plane already to rest players after the effort we put in last week felt like a kick in the teeth. Very disappointed I wanted 2 points before we head to catalans the league is priority
born and bred haven.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 06 May 2018, 11:21:12 pm
just listened to the interview
shocking to rest players and drop 2 points
also to admit everyone is thinking about and planning the trip next week
fundamental errors. Really disappointed to be honest

Offline karlwilliamson

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 07 May 2018, 02:46:49 am
Respect to fozzy tho always speaks honestly in his post match interviews yeah he made a bad decision about resting tilley and jessie joe but he is still learning. North wales played the best rugby they will probably all season all credit to them.we have a very capable squad which is remarkable given our budget one bad result wont define our season

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 07 May 2018, 09:23:19 am
yes we rested jessy and tilly but should still have had enough to beat the welsh outfit.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 07 May 2018, 10:22:06 am
Poor day at the office, but the club won't get another penny off me while the scum the club are employing the stewards that they are.  You have just lost three diehards.

what happened?

Threatening to throw fans out who were on there own or in small groups for swearing or standing in the wrong place, yet ignoring everyone's else's behaviour who were in large groups.  Women can also smoke in the Kells end but men are threatened with being thrown out. 

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 07 May 2018, 02:45:21 pm
All this should be reported to the club, nothing will happen otherwise.