HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

When are we going to face the fact?

Guest · 8 · 992

WHITEHAVENHERO

on: 01 Jul 2007, 05:20:58 pm
When are we going to face the fact that we are nowhere near good enough for SL.
 I am sorry to say we are a half decent NL1 team, but that?s as far as it goes.  Unless we let half the team go and start spending some cash we are staying here in NL1 for the foreseeable future. and before you start shouting we have no money, Well we find it or stay stagnant. Lets hound Eddie Stobart for some sponsorship. Tell him we will all change our colours to his fleet colours if we have too.  ???

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 01 Jul 2007, 06:01:56 pm
We  don't  need  to  be  good  enough  for  SL.  What  we  need  to  be  is  good  enough  to  win  the  GF  and  at  present  we  are  not.

There's  plenty  of  rumour  regarding  signing's.  A  couple  of  big  forwards  are  a  must  if  we  are  to  have  any  chance.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:00:46 pm
we have to face facts...were are the best part-time team in the country and until we have a sugar daddy with a big influx of cash that is how we are going to stay...Cas have been full time for 10 years,widnes have been full time for about 7 or 8.They have the backing that allows them to do this...we do not.....todays result is no shock at the start of the season did anyone expect to win away at cas.....people who say DR should go...welll name me one coach...who we could afford, is available , and who would come to haven and who could have got a win today with the team we had out against a full time team(none) because playing a full time team at thier place is always going to be just about unwinnable regardless of who the coach or the team are

look at 2004 leigh were top dog part time and we still failed to win at their place (under steve mac)
2005 cas were the top full timers and we failed to win at their place (under Steve mac)
2006 widnes and hullkr were the top full timers and we failed to win at their place (under DR)

this is how it is for part time teams...the BOD do a excellent job on a tight budget and have kept us up there near the top for the last 4 years...but we can only go further by
A) going full time, which we do not have the cash or the backers for
B)getting a lot more outside of the county players who want to go full time
C)getting the ground up to a decent standard

as for this season..its clear we need a couple of signings to keep us in the top 3...if rumours are correct these may happen soon

and the big disappointment has to be the donny and leigh results...

if ruours of cas and widnes going up and no one coming down and SL going to 14 team in 2008 are true...then i think this could be good for us....we will be top dog for all others to aim at and this may allow us to build towards full time
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:08:56 pm
i wasnt shocked today to lose.

ok we have never beaten cas widnes leigh away from home but we have beaten cas twice at home and leigh at home.

look at it this way

2002 huddersfield at home we drew 12-12 with them (under paul cullen we were the only team to take points off them that season)

2003 we drew with salford home and way (under steve mack)
2004 we beat leigh at home and halifax (under steve mack)
2005 we beat cas at home twice (under steve mack)
2006 we beat hull kr at home (under dr)

we have a good home record against the full timers because the recre lifts us

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:12:05 pm
i wasnt shocked today to lose.

ok we have never beaten cas widnes leigh away from home but we have beaten cas twice at home and leigh at home.

look at it this way

2002 huddersfield at home we drew 12-12 with them (under paul cullen we were the only team to take points off them that season)

2003 we drew with salford home and way (under steve mack)
2004 we beat leigh at home and halifax (under steve mack)
2005 we beat cas at home twice (under steve mack)
2006 we beat hull kr at home (under dr)

we have a good home record against the full timers because the recre lifts us
we beat leigh away on 9th april 07 18 v 12

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 01 Jul 2007, 07:21:02 pm
when they were top dogs i meant   ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 01 Jul 2007, 09:37:09 pm

todays result is no shock at the start of the season did anyone expect to win away at cas.....
because playing a full time team at thier place is always going to be just about unwinnable regardless of who the coach or the team are

if ruours of cas and widnes going up and no one coming down and SL going to 14 team in 2008 are true...then i think this could be good for us....we will be top dog for all others to aim at and this may allow us to build towards full time

never mind the start of the season alan, some people actually believed THIS WEEK we could beat castleford down there!!!

if YOU think its just about unwinnable at castleford perhaps the players do too? great attitude for them to go away with!!
and i know for a fact that they went to HKR a couple of seasons ago with that exact attitude and got a tonking!

as for cas and widnes both going up making us the top dogs, what an awful way to become the best! i want my team to be the best properly and not by default!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 01 Jul 2007, 10:34:33 pm
We beat leigh last year 22 - 12 and they were full time.