HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Dragons v Haven - Match Reaction

Online eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #30 on: 14 May 2018, 07:21:35 pm
What are the expenses, Des? what would you estimate they would be?

They take out/or did operating expenses for the game e.g stewards etc. RFL usually take 5% but I believe this game will be a lot bigger percentage to cover costs of flights/hotels. If you take that out then Catalans expenses then divide what’s left it won’t be a lot. On top of that Haven had to pay for coaches to and from Manchester and of course losing pay.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 14 May 2018, 07:56:48 pm
Oh, so they pay for SL clubs out of their own pockets to go to France, but in our case it is out of the split gate lol. You couldn't make it up.  So, no out the 10k I had hoped for be sod all after the flight etc.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #32 on: 14 May 2018, 10:00:21 pm

They take out/or did operating expenses for the game e.g stewards etc. RFL usually take 5% but I believe this game will be a lot bigger percentage to cover costs of flights/hotels. If you take that out then Catalans expenses then divide what’s left it won’t be a lot. On top of that Haven had to pay for coaches to and from Manchester and of course losing pay.

Those 2 costs (coach & losing pay) would have occurred regardless of the team we drew, although we would have ended up with more if we drew a big club but probably same or less if we drew with Salford or 1 of the Championship teams. That’s just the luck (or lack of it) of the cup.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Online eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #33 on: 14 May 2018, 10:06:05 pm

Those 2 costs (coach & losing pay) would have occurred regardless of the team we drew, although we would have ended up with more if we drew a big club but probably same or less if we drew with Salford or 1 of the Championship teams. That’s just the luck (or lack of it) of the cup.

It was double the cost of a normal game due to travelling on two separate days and in cup ties in this country I believe the travelling team can still claim that cost back, but not in this game. Unless that has changed

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 15 May 2018, 10:51:48 am
Was the prize money reasonable for reaching last 16 ??

Offline Amanda

• First Team Backup
Reply #35 on: 15 May 2018, 10:54:52 am
Hi All,
        We will receive 1/3 of the gate after VAT and 5% has been deducted. We are still unsure of the amount as it is dealt with by Catalans and the RFL. In a all English tie we would have received 50% of the gate after the above costs and our travel expenses. Exit fee for going out this round was slightly higher than the round before but not dramatically.

Amanda Hewer
GM