HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v York CK - Match Reaction

Offline recrelad

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 27 May 2018, 08:38:39 pm
York tried their hardest to slow us down lying on, slowing play the ball, faking injury but class showed in the end. Great win boys. Keep it up.

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 27 May 2018, 08:47:01 pm
Don't know what the team can do  to bring more fans in...two York fans post ut out by stewards....they thought they they were coming here to smell blood

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 27 May 2018, 08:50:05 pm
Who cares about the fans who won't come, the fans who do make the atmosphere and 14th man.  Lets enjoy it while we can.

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 27 May 2018, 09:01:18 pm
At half time I thought we had blown it. Other than the first try, we looked great for 30 mins and the two tries in the last 10 mins of the 1st half were really poor tries to concede. Thought the heat would wear us down and York would come out strong.

Gillams try right at the start of the 2nd half was the turning point (thanks to York kicking out on the full!) if we had conceded the first try or even not scored fairly on, it could have been curtains. Great spirit by the lads to turn it round, every one of them stepped up and to go the full half without even looking like conceding was brilliant.

I thought Dion was outstanding. Most of our attacking play was routed through him and he was a constant handful. Way too good for this league! Thought Shacks was brilliant too and he really led from the front, his juggling act for the last try (I think?) was worth the entrance fee

Delighted with the two points, was a really entertaining game of rugby league and hopefully will encourage some of the new faces in the crowd to come back again. The atmosphere in the crowd today was really good too, must be the weather!

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 27 May 2018, 09:26:16 pm
to put 20 unanswered points on the team who were top of the league in the second half shows how good we are.........onwards and upwards ;) ;) ;)

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 27 May 2018, 09:48:26 pm
Just seen there line up jeez, to nil them in second half is outstanding.

Offline Bearintown

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 27 May 2018, 10:49:02 pm
Outstanding win guys  :o

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 27 May 2018, 11:16:16 pm
well done haven,an amazing result against the team flying high at the top of the league.
pride of west cumbria. :tip: :tip: :tip:

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #23 on: 27 May 2018, 11:48:14 pm
Crashley again was awful 7 penalties before a team warning we were fantastic 2nd half to nill a team who had scored so many points last few games immense effort from our players top effort
born and bred haven.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 28 May 2018, 12:34:14 am
brilliant win. brilliant day. just back in.

only downside it the stuff I saw on twitter about Tommy starting a campaign to save the club. Really worrying tbh

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #25 on: 28 May 2018, 10:14:39 am
At half time I thought we had blown it. Other than the first try, we looked great for 30 mins and the two tries in the last 10 mins of the 1st half were really poor tries to concede. Thought the heat would wear us down and York would come out strong.

Gillams try right at the start of the 2nd half was the turning point (thanks to York kicking out on the full!) if we had conceded the first try or even not scored fairly on, it could have been curtains. Great spirit by the lads to turn it round, every one of them stepped up and to go the full half without even looking like conceding was brilliant.

I thought Dion was outstanding. Most of our attacking play was routed through him and he was a constant handful. Way too good for this league! Thought Shacks was brilliant too and he really led from the front, his juggling act for the last try (I think?) was worth the entrance fee

Delighted with the two points, was a really entertaining game of rugby league and hopefully will encourage some of the new faces in the crowd to come back again. The atmosphere in the crowd today was really good too, must be the weather!
I have brought 1 new face to the last 3 games. If every fan could entice just 1 person to the Bulls game it would make such a difference
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 28 May 2018, 10:38:44 am
I expect a big crowd for Bradford they will bring a hell of a lot of fans up and the gloating fans will come and watch this game I reckon it could be a huge huge game for the club

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #27 on: 28 May 2018, 10:52:36 am
Simply brilliant from the lads yesterday. The gate was once again disappointing and the club will not survive unless the crowds come back.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 29 May 2018, 07:56:47 am
Brilliant result !

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #29 on: 29 May 2018, 01:18:29 pm