HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is 2000 Achievable?

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 31 May 2018, 05:56:20 pm
I see that Town are at home to Doncaster the same day we play the Bulls.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 31 May 2018, 06:00:12 pm
Wonder if we will allow Bradford to stream the match?  Think that will have a large affect on the gate if we let them.

I think you will find the streaming has no stopped the Bulls fans travelling.

HW

Maybe not, but i would expect it would be enough to keep a lot our 'fans' at home on their bums.

I think it’s quite clear Haven fans need no excuse to stay away. Club are trying lots of things, but the crowd is staying the same. Sunday’s win was outstanding, and the Bulls game will be huge, but fans who have left, just don’t see the attraction of League 1 rugby been good enough to entice them back.

HW

They come out for derby games though and i'm sure they would for this game if we beat Hunslet.  But i doubt many will if they can watch it at home.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 31 May 2018, 06:30:54 pm
Im sure the bulls fans will be thinking our game will be a good game to come to.... not coventry or hemel so would expect them to have a decent following...maybe chase and waverly could offer a decent rate for a stop over?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 31 May 2018, 06:54:46 pm
Im sure the bulls fans will be thinking our game will be a good game to come to.... not coventry or hemel so would expect them to have a decent following...maybe chase and waverly could offer a decent rate for a stop over?

Waverley already offer visiting fans discount.

HW

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #19 on: 31 May 2018, 07:02:39 pm

Waverley already offer visiting fans discount.

HW

Thinks it’s 10% not sure how you redeem the offer
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 31 May 2018, 07:11:05 pm
maybe worth letting them know and maybe get a few in town night before or sunday evening....

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #21 on: 31 May 2018, 07:18:19 pm
Club normally do put it on their twitter account during week of an away game pal

**update: Club have put this on twitter and I’m sure will continue throughout the season
« Last Edit: 31 May 2018, 07:38:12 pm by jammy dodger »
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 31 May 2018, 08:04:28 pm
Its not just about admission prices.  There is a very negative attitude towards the club, irrationally so, and i'm not sure how this is going to change.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #23 on: 01 Jun 2018, 03:43:35 pm
Its not just about admission prices.  There is a very negative attitude towards the club, irrationally so, and i'm not sure how this is going to change.

That is the thing, the club are really trying but are very limited in their options due to the financial situation of having not being able to cover the lost sponsorship money.

You just have to look at this forum, we used to have numerous pages discussing the latest game post match and now we barely manage to fill the one page.

I can understand some of the frustrations of fans, both present and former, but we need everyone to pull together to get through this season. So far I’ve heard the following reasons why people don’t attend;

Disagree with previous decisions made by club
Too expensive
Quality of the opposition
Found other things to do
Team of travellers
Standard of RL not what it once was
Shift patterns changed at work

Each to their own but many who don’t come still read this forum and listen to the radio on a Sunday. He’ll we had over a thousand of our own fans twice against Barrow last year, so the appetite and interest is still there, but at the minute we really really need those people and a few businesses to come back on board and help the club out. Firmly believe if we get through there are plans to ensure the sustainability of the club that can be implemented.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 01 Jun 2018, 06:08:03 pm
I'll give you a couple of other reasons.

We used to come every match with 2 families 8 or 9 of us each time

1) Filthy ladies toilets
2) Foul language on the terraces every time a decision goes against Haven

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 01 Jun 2018, 06:18:37 pm
Agree with jonno there, the facilities arent the best especially for families.  I'll be honest that puts my misses and kids wanting to come down, you can kind of understand it in the gents but not the ladies.
I still think the focus should be on kids, getting local schools involved for mini tournaments, gettting the PNG lads into schools to promote the matches even if its handing out 15 vouchers for kids and parent get in the ground for £12 in each school (guessing there sre at least 8 in the area). It would cost nothing to print them off but its a potential extra few fans and few extra quid.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 03 Jun 2018, 09:54:29 am
I think we’ll be hard pushed to get 2000. Think 1500 is an achievable figure if Bulls fetch a few hundred.

Personally I know of several who used to be diehards and now they can’t be bothered. It makes you think how someone can just fall out of love for the club. Maybe it’s the league we’re in and if we got promoted would come back. For me I love match days. Chance to escape the missus. A few beers and crack with fellow fans. After all not much else to do in Whitehaven on a Sunday afternoon.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 03 Jun 2018, 03:47:36 pm

For a decent crowd the public need to believe that we're in with a chance.

The losses to NWC and Hunslet won't help change peoples apathy towards the club.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #28 on: 03 Jun 2018, 04:19:27 pm

The losses to NWC and Hunslet won't help change peoples apathy towards the club.

But the wins over Dewsbury, York and Rochdale should have

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 03 Jun 2018, 04:35:24 pm

Hunslet are a good team who had a very hard start to the season and are clicking now they,ve had some good wins us town oldham and donny so are no mugs they,re now level on 14 pts with us town keighley and oldham .