HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is 2000 Achievable?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #30 on: 03 Jun 2018, 05:01:30 pm
Just had a look at gates today Oldham 453 and Swinton in the championship 630 we are still doing better than these but shows that attendances are poor right through rugby at the min not just here

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #31 on: 03 Jun 2018, 05:27:06 pm
Do bear in mind that 17th June (the day of the Bradford fixture) is also Father's Day! 

Maybe a promotion of some sort to entice Father's down on that date would be prudent.  Although it may be a little on the late side if some have already had plans made for them by wives, partners, children etc.   

Possible ideas:- 
Dad and kid entry promotion (one for adult children and another for junior children with different prices obviously)

Discounted drink for the Dad (could be alcoholic or non-alcoholic)

Can you add any ideas......

🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #32 on: 03 Jun 2018, 08:40:27 pm
Just had a look at gates today Oldham 453 and Swinton in the championship 630 we are still doing better than these but shows that attendances are poor right through rugby at the min not just here

less travel costs for those sides. I don't know havens costs but I know reds away travel ps4 £20k a season.
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #33 on: 03 Jun 2018, 10:12:16 pm
Do bear in mind that 17th June (the day of the Bradford fixture) is also Father's Day! 

Maybe a promotion of some sort to entice Father's down on that date would be prudent.  Although it may be a little on the late side if some have already had plans made for them by wives, partners, children etc.   

Dad and kid entry promotion (one for adult children and another for junior children with different prices obviously)

People could pay for the sponsors lounge for next season up front.

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #34 on: 04 Jun 2018, 04:47:19 pm

People could pay for the sponsors lounge for next season up front.
As long as people understand they won’t know which fixture they will get I think that this is a cracking idea
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #35 on: 04 Jun 2018, 05:24:09 pm

It's also my birthday, Up the Haven.

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 04 Jun 2018, 10:51:41 pm
I asked on the topic that was removed did not, The Bulls at one time about 12 years ago, have bucket collections at most clubs in the RL. If indeed, this is the fact then would it not be possible for the Bulls to do the same for us. It might be that they need to be embarrassed to be reminded.
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #37 on: 04 Jun 2018, 11:04:40 pm
What about having a season ticket for the lounge, maybe it could fill the lounge for even the smaller teams instead of using the boardroom, more money over the bar too.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #38 on: 05 Jun 2018, 12:05:41 am
What about having a season ticket for the lounge, maybe it could fill the lounge for even the smaller teams instead of using the boardroom, more money over the bar too.

Already is one available.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #39 on: 05 Jun 2018, 01:56:03 am
Apologies must've missed that one

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #40 on: 05 Jun 2018, 09:03:15 am
Apologies must've missed that one

To be fair I don’t feel these are pushed but I know they’re available from the club
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #41 on: 05 Jun 2018, 09:39:44 am
Is it worth getting a list of companies that are based on westlakes, greengarth, cleator moor Phoenix center, and other local business parks with the exception of Sellafield and ringing them asking for sponsorships packages even if its a match sponsorship? I'm not sure if this has been done but there are lots of local companies that im sure would welcome extra publicity.  Even if this has the option of a banner around the pitch where the signs are now, cause some of them look out of date.
Still not seeing much publicity of the Bradford game other than on the fans forum and Facebook pages, it needs to out there in the public eye early (some of the older fnas dont have facebook etc) and especially with it being fathers day get the date pencilled in with the kids and parents!

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #42 on: 05 Jun 2018, 09:50:46 am
Is it worth getting a list of companies that are based on westlakes, greengarth, cleator moor Phoenix center, and other local business parks with the exception of Sellafield and ringing them asking for sponsorships packages even if its a match sponsorship? I'm not sure if this has been done but there are lots of local companies that im sure would welcome extra publicity.  Even if this has the option of a banner around the pitch where the signs are now, cause some of them look out of date.
Still not seeing much publicity of the Bradford game other than on the fans forum and Facebook pages, it needs to out there in the public eye early (some of the older fnas dont have facebook etc) and especially with it being fathers day get the date pencilled in with the kids and parents!

Yes marra they can only say yes or no
born and bred haven.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #43 on: 05 Jun 2018, 10:18:40 am
Shame i would have been sure someone would be up for it given the amount of local players and ex players working up and around here.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #44 on: 05 Jun 2018, 10:26:11 am

Was mentioned at the last fans meeting that the BoD had done something similar to this at the beginning of the year, hoping that they could get a few businesses on board to replace the AECOM money. 12 businesses at £5k each would have all but covered the lost sponsorship money. Unfortunately the club were unable to achieve this.

Here's hoping the appeal will rally the businesses in offering their support - but we know that financial support does not come free (to Haven at least) and offers/promotions/etc.. will be required to induce companies to part with their money. Likewise with 99% of supporters. Hopefully some of these offers will be made public very soon