HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Club Meeting - Official Press Release

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 07 Jun 2018, 11:14:17 pm
Can't believe the cup run cost us 40k lol, only in RL could that happen. Really feel for our current Bod. But they have still managed to pull a rabbit out the hat.  :bow: :bow:

that's got to be a joke?

Nope, Gary eilbeck said it was a huge reason we're in the mess we are. But it could turn out to be the biggest blessing to happen to the club.

this can only happen in RL. a cup run is meant to make money.

I know mate, but I think a lot of costs the clubs incur have been over looked by many fans including me which were touched on tonight.  Plus the fact that around 80 people are entering the game for free due to the RL rules.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 07 Jun 2018, 11:55:00 pm
Sounds like positive news. Couple of points:

If we need to raise 60k to survive why do we have players waiting to sign from Australia... surely save the money?

Anyone done  a background or know anything of this guy? I presume due diligence has been done?

What level of investment was mentioned? How much are we talking?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 08 Jun 2018, 12:34:52 am
The 93k is including funds for players, we are in danger of again not been able to field a team and risking long term damage to players playing injured. No sum was mentioned, but from understanding any money the club takes through the gate, bar, sponsors is to be saved for after the three years. The consortium would cover every bill, improve the ground and facilities, pay for a full time community role, sort out the lease of the ground, run an acdamy and ladies team. You're talking at least 2 million imo.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #18 on: 08 Jun 2018, 12:45:28 am
Not correct Whitey. The consortium will fund the loss the club is expected to make over the 3 years before re-evaluating where we are. However the expectations are that we will be in the Championship and self sufficient at that stage with a nucleus of young local lads, a SL standard academy structure, women’s SL team and our work in the community in full swing.

We will have 3 years to build relationships with the fans, businesses, local amateur clubs, etc.. to ensure we have a thriving commercial income, four figure gates and links deep into the community like we used to
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #19 on: 08 Jun 2018, 10:08:22 am
A very positive meeting and exciting future please give what you can.
born and bred haven.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 08 Jun 2018, 10:10:28 am

Whos in the consortium bar Stuart Harvey?

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 08 Jun 2018, 12:00:19 pm
Sounds like positive news. Couple of points:

If we need to raise 60k to survive why do we have players waiting to sign from Australia... surely save the money?

Anyone done  a background or know anything of this guy? I presume due diligence has been done?

What level of investment was mentioned? How much are we talking?

A quick google on him and he's got something to do with online referals company Right Trades web site.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 08 Jun 2018, 01:35:49 pm
Is there any chance we can have a summary of what was discussed at the meeting for those unable to attend.

At the moment there is more detail on Town's forum than on here.

I would like some more info before deciding if I want to commit financially

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #23 on: 08 Jun 2018, 01:59:14 pm
Is there any chance we can have a summary of what was discussed at the meeting for those unable to attend.

In a nutshell:

Board have forecast deficit to be £93000 by the end of the season if things don’t change. Consortium led by Stuart Harvey interested in taking over the club but not with that amount of debt. The consortium will put in £33000 and they want the club to raise the remaining £60000 to be able to satisfy themselves that the interest is there. They, understandably do not want to inherit that amount of debt.

In return the consortium have a 3 year strategy to return Haven to the Championship, become debt free, reconnect with the amateur game, fund a development officer, start under 19’s and a women’s team.

What the meeting heard also was that the successful cup run cost the club app £40000. This being due to the low gates and having to pay out winning pay and other expenses. In addition they only received £7500 from RFL for progressing to Sixth Round. Their share of the gate from Catalans was £1800. This would probably cover the cost of transport to and from Manchester Airport.

£17000 was raised last night and club will accept donations large or small.

A lot to look forward to but a lot of money still to raise to see it come to fruition.

I’m sure if we all work together we can raise it but it needs to be done quickly.

Hope that helps.

Des

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 08 Jun 2018, 02:06:20 pm

In a nutshell:

Board have forecast deficit to be £93000 by the end of the season if things don’t change. Consortium led by Stuart Harvey interested in taking over the club but not with that amount of debt. The consortium will put in £33000 and they want the club to raise the remaining £60000 to be able to satisfy themselves that the interest is there. They, understandably do not want to inherit that amount of debt.

In return the consortium have a 3 year strategy to return Haven to the Championship, become debt free, reconnect with the amateur game, fund a development officer, start under 19’s and a women’s team.

What the meeting heard also was that the successful cup run cost the club app £40000. This being due to the low gates and having to pay out winning pay and other expenses. In addition they only received £7500 from RFL for progressing to Sixth Round. Their share of the gate from Catalans was £1800. This would probably cover the cost of transport to and from Manchester Airport.

A lot to look forward to but a lot of money still to raise to see it come to fruition.

I’m sure if we all work together we can raise it but it needs to be done quickly.

Hope that helps.

Des

Very helpful. Thank you

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 08 Jun 2018, 02:19:50 pm

In a nutshell:

Hope that helps.

Des

Des, something i wish i had asked last night but was in shock...  If for example we took 10k more at the Bradford game for instance that was budgeted for, which i would guess is about our cut off point to raise the money.  Would that come off the 60k, any ideas mate?

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 08 Jun 2018, 02:30:14 pm

In a nutshell:

Hope that helps.

Des

Des, something i wish i had asked last night but was in shock...  If for example we took 10k more at the Bradford game for instance that was budgeted for, which i would guess is about our cut off point to raise the money.  Would that come off the 60k, any ideas mate?

Sorry honestly don’t know and don’t want to speculate.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 08 Jun 2018, 02:35:28 pm
No bother Des, thanks for the reply.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #28 on: 08 Jun 2018, 02:46:34 pm
Just posted on the Club Twitter account.......
WhitehavenRlOfficial

@OfficialHavenRl can announce earlier this afternoon our appeal has reached a staggering £25,000 since launch on Wednesday Evening.

For full story visit http://www.whitehavenrl.co.uk/article/54470/-raised
#Haven2018
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #29 on: 08 Jun 2018, 02:52:45 pm
The more we raise through gate receipts, donations and sponsorship the healthier and more prosperous the club will be. The club needs the fans through the turnstiles in numbers even more so now the bold decision to drop prices to a tenner has been made.

The more fans through the gate the more likely businesses will come back to the club and that’s exactly what we need.

Jonno

To add to Des’s good response the £250 donation would see a fan save ~ £100 on this year and next years season ticket offer.

A return of the 19’s is exactly what we need and will come off if we raise the require funds.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."