HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Club Meeting - Official Press Release

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 08 Jun 2018, 03:45:48 pm
regarding what you get for your £250 i.e season tickets is it ok to ask for 25 colleagues to buy a £10 raffle ticket and raffle the season ticket prize to the winner ? surely plenty of fans could run this at work,  lots of £250's could be generated, would club consider this and agree raffle winner gets the season ticket.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #31 on: 08 Jun 2018, 04:02:20 pm
Cracking idea that.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 08 Jun 2018, 04:15:11 pm
Also every pub, shop, cafe, could do the same ....potential lots of £250's

Offline bustling billy

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 08 Jun 2018, 09:00:29 pm
Apart from sellafield  ..major projects  going  on our area are a new mine and thrillmere to west Cumbria pipe line.lots of upheaval to local community  ..
Nice gesture to drop a few quid into haven rlfc..plus contract firms connected  to these projects...people with more  clout than me need to contact these firms.o9

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #34 on: 08 Jun 2018, 10:27:28 pm
Does anyone have the justgiving page link if it’s up and running?
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #35 on: 08 Jun 2018, 10:30:36 pm
It takes 48 hours. Tomorrow afternoon it will be available

Offline Haven Lad

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 08 Jun 2018, 10:33:20 pm
It takes 48 hours. Tomorrow afternoon it will be available

Ok pal
Whitehaven 2010....Heres to the future.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:37:34 pm
was there any mention of players taking a bit of a pay cut at the meeting? Could save some money to get tio the end of the season?

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #38 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:39:48 pm
Gary said it was not an option.He couldn't do it and he is sticking to his word on paying them x amount of pounds and you have to aplode that

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:43:54 pm
That's fair enough but are we not all in it together? Desperate times and a cut could reduce the figure needed

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #40 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:49:39 pm
We already have one of the lowest budgets in the league, especially amongst the traditional clubs. The lads are playing for the badge and giving more than anyone can ask for. They did not get us in this position and do not deserve to even be asked.

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #41 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:51:11 pm
Fully agree the boys are giving everything for the club and shouldnt even be considered

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #42 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:58:07 pm
We already have one of the lowest budgets in the league, especially amongst the traditional clubs. The lads are playing for the badge and giving more than anyone can ask for. They did not get us in this position and do not deserve to even be asked.

I didn't get us in this position but I've been asked? Just saying when things are as desperate as they are its an option

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #43 on: 09 Jun 2018, 12:58:21 pm
Here here. End of discussion.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #44 on: 09 Jun 2018, 01:00:03 pm

I didn't get us in this position but I've been asked? Just saying when things are as desperate as they are its an option

And if we forced the issue we’d be in breach of contract, they could walk and we couldn’t fill a team
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."