HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Looking forward to the big game

Offline wid 1989

• Academy Signing
on: 04 Jul 2007, 07:19:49 pm
Looks like you are going to bring a good number down to blackpool so it should be a top day. The ground should be packed and i cant wait for it. Hopefully we will have a top laugh in the pubs prior to the game. Should be a close game with the vikings coming out on top. See you all there!!! it gives us a chance to show the RL there is more to the national leagues than just Cas and that life outside super league does exist.

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2007, 07:34:27 pm

HERE HERE  MARRA
        ;D   ;D    ;D

ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2007, 08:27:00 pm
obviously would prefer a haven win but if we lose i hope its a closish entertaining game and we dont give up and let our heads go down resulting in a heavy defeat,

hammer us in the league a week later when no cameras are there!!! lol
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2007, 09:35:05 pm
As long as we give it our all I don't mind what the score is. Just as long as I can hold my head up high and say we tried our best.

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #4 on: 05 Jul 2007, 10:12:24 pm
Good win for us tonight sets us up for the final getting my train tickets tomorrow, just watching a rerun oif our semi boy am i looking forward to this  ;D

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 06 Jul 2007, 06:31:29 am
Yeah. The players have to think they CAN win. So we too.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #6 on: 06 Jul 2007, 06:36:10 am
widnes were strong favs last year to beat us in the semis,,,,,,ok they did but just,,,,,,they probably are just a tad stronger this season,,,but this final is on neutral ground,,if were on top form we will win,,,,end of

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 06 Jul 2007, 03:18:53 pm
agree when we play to our potential theres not a beta team or a team that can match us in nl1

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #8 on: 06 Jul 2007, 03:31:28 pm
What about Doncaster then, What happened there. Play to our potential, and what if they play to their potential, Then what. We can all say if we play to our potential we will win, No not true we might stay in touch thats about it. but what if we play like we did at Doncaster and they play to their potential. Ifs and Buts can not make us a better team can they.
We are in for a rough tough old game, and it could end both our and Widnes chances in NL1 if we both go all out and pick up loads of injuries over this cup. Is it worth it?

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 06 Jul 2007, 04:09:57 pm
yes it is worth going all out,( at this stage) and risking injuries,,,we are in a final for gods sake,,i wouldnt like to be in the crowd at blackpool and the team just turn out to make up numbers, i'm expecting our lot to be trying all out for a win...as for this cup comp,,,no,,,,,i'd rather see it knocked on the head after this season,dont like the whole setup of it,,,,,,,,,,,,i would rather it was a straight knockout  cup comp,,whats doncaster game got to do with this final,,,,,you could say what happened to widnes at halifax?????

i'm being optomistic marra,,,we are in a final,no point being negative now is there,,,its a haven win,, 28-  18

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #10 on: 06 Jul 2007, 05:01:59 pm
As much as I want you to be right, I'll put you a ?5 note on we are beat, and what as Doncaster got to do with it?  Are you having a laugh, we should have walked that game. Theres a big differance between Doncaster and Halifax marra.. Halifax will be there abouts at end of season. They not a bad side.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
Reply #11 on: 06 Jul 2007, 05:15:56 pm
every year we loose 2/3 games we should never loose,,donny this year was one,,,the result was a disgrace ,,but thats gone  what im saying lets ALL be positive about the final,its gonna be hard enough without the fans going around shouting were gonna get stuffed before we get there,,,,,,,

HAVEN FOR THE CUP

ps as for the fiver,,we'll settle for a decent slurp down at blackers ;) ;)

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #12 on: 06 Jul 2007, 05:42:30 pm
I will be there shouting marra don't worry, I will still be shouting even if we getting beat, I do not care what the score is as long as we give it our all, and not a performance like we did against them in the GF.  ;) ;D

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #13 on: 06 Jul 2007, 06:14:59 pm
yes it is worth going all out,( at this stage) and risking injuries,,,we are in a final for gods sake,,i wouldnt like to be in the crowd at blackpool and the team just turn out to make up numbers, i'm expecting our lot to be trying all out for a win...as for this cup comp,,,no,,,,,i'd rather see it knocked on the head after this season,dont like the whole setup of it,,,,,,,,,,,,i would rather it was a straight knockout  cup comp,,whats doncaster game got to do with this final,,,,,you could say what happened to widnes at halifax?????

i'm being optomistic marra,,,we are in a final,no point being negative now is there,,,its a haven win,, 28-  18

Thats the spirit mate