HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Paul Wood

Amanda · 41 · 3856

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #15 on: 19 Jun 2018, 06:21:12 pm
Yeh ,
Must admit I thought we would have been updated by now.AFter SUnday we should be well over £60,000.
Be nice if the club can confirm this
Cheers

Why should we be over the total because of Sunday. Other than the bucket collection everything else would not count towards the appeal total of £60k.

Pretty obvious that other than the total everything else is holding on to see what happens on Wednesday. It is now known, due to last weeks statement in the paper by S Harvey that its 100% of the shares to the consortium or no deal
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 19 Jun 2018, 06:29:13 pm
I thought the 60 k was what we needed to get to the end of the season. So the shortfall we have all talked about is now not the reason we need the money. The way i see it is that bradford game money should knock the 60k down a huge amount
Up The Haven

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #17 on: 19 Jun 2018, 06:53:37 pm
Having been at the meeting where the need for £60 was spelt out (and the need for supporter donations), I have absolutely no recollection of a total take over being spoken of, nor was ownership of 100% of the existing club shares.

Am I wrong, I don't think so.....I paid up my £250 on the assumption that some form of business help, planning and sponsorship was on the horizon.

I am not complaining and at the moment still hoping good things are about to develop......but I am simply questioning WHY we were not presented with a full and true picture of what is now transpiring when we attended.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 19 Jun 2018, 07:14:45 pm
Having been at the meeting where the need for £60 was spelt out (and the need for supporter donations), I have absolutely no recollection of a total take over being spoken of, nor was ownership of 100% of the existing club shares.

Am I wrong, I don't think so.....I paid up my £250 on the assumption that some form of business help, planning and sponsorship was on the horizon.

I am not complaining and at the moment still hoping good things are about to develop......but I am simply questioning WHY we were not presented with a full and true picture of what is now transpiring when we attended.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/whitehaven-rl/latest/article/Stuart-Harvey-both-nervous-and-excited-about-his-consortiums-plans-to-takeover-at-Whitehaven-8d119260-81b6-49f1-b5b6-76ced87182e5-ds

Thought it was well publicised that that is what was happening. No point in raising the £60000 if we have no plan to go forward, or else we will be in same position next year.

The club had plenty of warning we were losing our Main Sponsor, but failed to fill that income void.

HW

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #19 on: 19 Jun 2018, 08:46:50 pm
I believe that report was in the NandS almost a week after the JJMc bar gathering.....about the time it became obvious to me that it was a total take over......my original point. I still say it was not put over in that way at all at the original meeting. Just wondering why ?

Offline Top marra

• Academy Signing
Reply #20 on: 19 Jun 2018, 08:53:16 pm
Can’t remember the consortium saying they wanted 100% of shares to honor their part of the deal. Also, my understanding that the receipts from the Bradford game was to be part of the £60:000 total the consortium where looking to achieve . That given, I was told that the running total was over £50:000 on the day of the match (12:45). £1.700 bucket collection, £700 tombola, £1000 raffle in sponsors lounge and very good takings on all bars.

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 19 Jun 2018, 08:58:12 pm
Still off topic, what happened to the donation from Parton council which was supposed to be presented at half time, what was the amount?

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 19 Jun 2018, 09:02:34 pm
Can’t remember the consortium saying they wanted 100% of shares to honor their part of the deal. Also, my understanding that the receipts from the Bradford game was to be part of the £60:000 total the consortium where looking to achieve . That given, I was told that the running total was over £50:000 on the day of the match (12:45). £1.700 bucket collection, £700 tombola, £1000 raffle in sponsors lounge and very good takings on all bars.

I think we will have more answers after tomorrow's meeting
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 19 Jun 2018, 09:12:24 pm
I believe there is now a confidentialality agreement between the board Stuart Harvey according to his interview with Cumbria sport.  So, we will have to hope and pray it goes through, until we know either way details won't be in the public domain.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 19 Jun 2018, 09:17:09 pm
Shouldn't the shares issue not have been fully explained to everyone in attendance at the meeting, it does seem a bit strange that it wasn't mentioned,  and the consortium will require all the clubs shares before continuing with any future plans or investing in the club, or have I picked it up wrong.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #25 on: 19 Jun 2018, 09:23:38 pm
Shouldn't the shares issue not have been fully explained to everyone in attendance at the meeting, it does seem a bit strange that it wasn't mentioned,  and the consortium will require all the clubs shares before continuing with any future plans or investing in the club, or have I picked it up wrong.

Who has said that they want all the shares will see tomorrow
born and bred haven.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 19 Jun 2018, 09:38:59 pm
That was in the paper and his radio interview shaun.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 19 Jun 2018, 09:53:52 pm
That's what was said in his interview Shaun,

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #28 on: 19 Jun 2018, 10:03:53 pm

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 19 Jun 2018, 10:14:07 pm
That was in the paper and his radio interview shaun.
I don't read papers
born and bred haven.