HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Shares - club valued at 100k?

1873 · 139 · 7054

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:46:27 am
No idea how to put pics on here but the club have retweeted Paul Wood who is saying that you can buy shares in Haven. 5k for 5%.

I presume we aren't valuing the club at 100k??

Can someone please explain this.

It.doesnt appear to make any sense - why would a consortium go through all this trouble for someone to come in and just buy the club.

Am I missing something?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2018, 08:53:51 am
Maybe because they have a three plan and intend to leave after that.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #2 on: 13 Jun 2018, 09:30:12 am
No idea how to put pics on here but the club have retweeted Paul Wood who is saying that you can buy shares in Haven. 5k for 5%.

I presume we aren't valuing the club at 100k??

Can someone please explain this.

It.doesnt appear to make any sense - why would a consortium go through all this trouble for someone to come in and just buy the club.

Am I missing something?

Stuart Harvey would be the ideal person to ask this question too. He is one of the guest speakers at the VP's next evening event (6th July), which in front of a load more Haven fans would be the perfect time for him to further explain the investment into the club.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #3 on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:25:30 am
Also the club has confirmed that the total is now up to £41k!!

This a fantastic effort in under a week and considering that ~90% of that is solely from fans of Haven and/or RL in general this is a massive achievement.

Once the Bradford game is out the way the club are hoping to get something out thanking those who have donated, etc...

I was sceptical we could get over the £40k mark if the business community didn't buy into this but I am please I got it wrong!
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:36:42 am
Also the club has confirmed that the total is now up to £41k!!

This a fantastic effort in under a week and considering that ~90% of that is solely from fans of Haven and/or RL in general this is a massive achievement.

Once the Bradford game is out the way the club are hoping to get something out thanking those who have donated, etc...

I was sceptical we could get over the £40k mark if the business community didn't buy into this but I am please I got it wrong!

What fantastic fans we have Joe Stewart is trying to get as many ex players down on Sunday also to try and get behind this.
born and bred haven.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 13 Jun 2018, 10:52:00 am
Reading Mr Harveys notes on love rugby league he thanks our outgoing directors do we know who he means, what a outstanding week for Haven social media in this day and age is priceless well done to all involved 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 13 Jun 2018, 11:50:31 am
I don't want to appear negative here, but why is no one asking questions!!!!

We are handing over our club.... No one seems arsed.

100k for 100% of the club's Shares!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:07:47 pm
You obviously didn't go to the meeting if you are arsed about something.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #8 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:17:02 pm

The club gets handed over or the club folds - so ask away, but in the meantime while the questions and answers are being formulated, discussed, digested the winding up notices will begin to pile up.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 13 Jun 2018, 12:34:26 pm

You will have a chance to ask Stuart Harvey (who leads the consortium) at the next Vice Presidents evening on 6th July 2018. Details will be released soon.
« Last Edit: 13 Jun 2018, 01:13:25 pm by eternal optimist »

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:00:32 pm
You obviously didn't go to the meeting if you are arsed about something.

Classy reply to a honest question,well done.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:26:10 pm
EVERYTHING has been explained, or a meeting has been set to ask the questions.  What is there to get?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:36:44 pm
Maybe they see further development opportunity for the club and themselves coming down the line ,it does beg the question why a group of Wigan based business men with no ties to Whitehaven would do this .90k to save the club  is peanunts for certain organisations in our area who deal in millions and hundreds of millions,lots of potential new developments in the queen's dock area of town .Maybe they see this as a step to bigger things for themselves , regardless of the financial state of the club ,due diligence should be paramount.
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:42:56 pm
The club was folding after the Bradford game if they had not come in, so what ever happens from here is a bonus for the die hards who attend.

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2018, 01:47:50 pm
Our present board have to be thanked for the work they have done I would like to see Gary and Mark stay and work with the new consortium they deserve to see good times at the club rather than worrying from week to week.
born and bred haven.