HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Jonny Gorley

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
on: 14 Jun 2018, 10:20:51 am
He’s been sacked by Town, players are not happy with this decision and are voicing there feeling on social media, maybe everything isn’t as rosey as they keep saying about the SS jampot
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2018, 10:33:37 am
Highly rated coach by all accounts aswell town thro and thro bit of a shock that

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2018, 07:41:37 pm
Jonty is one of the most genuine guys you would ever meet, he is a great coach and a very well respected by all the amateur clubs in the area,   by all accounts LP is a bit of a baby at times and has through his toys out the pram a few times.

Offline 1873

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2018, 10:22:25 pm
Yeah heard that as well. I think the L.P. experiment will end in tears. Baby toys pram out of throwing. Not in that order.

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 15 Jun 2018, 09:44:20 am
Would love jonty down here but won’t happen as people say town through and through

Offline nala

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 15 Jun 2018, 02:33:35 pm
While I understand the treatment of Jonty regards his departure were far from ideal, I do wonder if Pryce is looking for some experience at senior coach level. Pressure is no mounting on him and needs a old head to advise.

Jonty as been an assistant for a succession of unsuccessful coaches over 8 years , never been offered the head coaches role, maybe Pryce looking for a bit more from his number 2.

Having said all that I believe his departure was more down to trust issues regards player conversations, rather his coaching abilities.