HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Bradford 17.6.18 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 17 Jun 2018, 04:49:27 pm
Full time score from The Recreation Ground

Haven 20 - Bradford Bulls 27

Official attendance today was 1,476. Bucket collection in the ground today yielded a mammoth £1,200 towards our plight!  Official Haven MoM given as Haven Captain - Marc Shackley

Your thoughts??
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2018, 04:59:49 pm
With that crowd and bucket collection is that the 60k been reached. And i just watched that match online. I thought we had some good spells, ref and his mates running the line very poor in the second half and imo thats what killed us, the bulls hammer teams but we gave it to them today,
Up The Haven

Offline Pinnochio

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2018, 05:02:16 pm
Watched online . Very unlucky , the difference to me was their kicking game .

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 17 Jun 2018, 05:11:04 pm
With that crowd and bucket collection is that the 60k been reached. And i just watched that match online. I thought we had some good spells, ref and his mates running the line very poor in the second half and imo thats what killed us, the bulls hammer teams but we gave it to them today,

I doubt we've reached total, yet.  Bucket collection was £1,200.  We had £48K before kick off.  With the £1.2K that would only take us to £49.2K, so maybe a ways to go yet, but we're getting there!
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2018, 05:13:09 pm
Thought we played well today on another day we might have one, take it the gear Harvey and his team had on is our new merchandise

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2018, 05:26:07 pm
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2018, 05:38:48 pm
Schoolboy errors gave a bent referee the chance to punish us. Thought we matched them well but didn't get the rub of the green but onwards and upwards.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 17 Jun 2018, 06:03:51 pm

I doubt we've reached total, yet.  Bucket collection was £1,200.  We had £48K before kick off.  With the £1.2K that would only take us to £49.2K, so maybe a ways to go yet, but we're getting there!

We were over 50 before kick off and the raffle also took a lot.   So hopefully around the 55 mark.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 17 Jun 2018, 06:05:41 pm
Well done to Fozzy and the lads. No disgrace in defeat. Silly mistakes and a ref who hammered us in the 2nd half.

Good crowd and the bar looked busy. Hopefully the clubs bank manager will be really happy after today

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 17 Jun 2018, 06:20:09 pm
Pretty evenly matched in the forwards, their half backs were the difference with their intelligent kicking game. Constantly relieved pressure and forced several drop outs and errors. Twice they came close to scoring from a free play, when was the last time we tried anything at a free play?!

Referee and touch judges were awful, unbelievable that Bradford weren't pulled up for a forward pass once, their markers were never deemed not square and several of their players seemed to have some kind of deal where they didn't need to be anywhere near onside especially number 32 and number 12. How the touch judge on the popular side missed the elbow in Dions face on the floor 2 yards in front of him is inexcusable.

Offline touchjudge57

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 17 Jun 2018, 06:35:24 pm
Pretty evenly matched in the forwards, their half backs were the difference with their intelligent kicking game. Constantly relieved pressure and forced several drop outs and errors. Twice they came close to scoring from a free play, when was the last time we tried anything at a free play?!

Referee and touch judges were awful, unbelievable that Bradford weren't pulled up for a forward pass once, their markers were never deemed not square and several of their players seemed to have some kind of deal where they didn't need to be anywhere near onside especially number 32 and number 12. How the touch judge on the popular side missed the elbow in Dions face on the floor 2 yards in front of him is inexcusable.

Great effort from our lads. Kicking game the difference for me today. They never came away from our line without either scoring or forcing a drop out.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 17 Jun 2018, 06:39:03 pm

Thought we would be near say 1000 paying adults at £10 = £10000 plus the buckets,
Up The Haven

Online HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 17 Jun 2018, 06:49:58 pm

Thought we would be near say 1000 paying adults at £10 = £10000 plus the buckets,

Whatever we have taken on the gate will be needed for the day to day running of the club. We needed an extra £60000 above gate money.

HW

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 17 Jun 2018, 07:19:11 pm

Whatever we have taken on the gate will be needed for the day to day running of the club. We needed an extra £60000 above gate money.

HW

Sounding a bit fishy to me, relying on todays gate should be in with the total, best gate we have had for years and yet thats lookimg at covering the days expenses, am beginning to feel some people are pledging money for nothing, and yes i am a die hard fan of 25 year who now doesnt live in the area.
Up The Haven

Offline camel_jockey

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 17 Jun 2018, 07:22:19 pm
Really gutsy effort to stay in the arm wrestle with a typically well drilled Kear (& full time) team for 80 minutes. You could see at least a couple of lads were carrying knocks going into the game but ran their blood to water nevertheless.
Keyes was the difference between the sides, with his know how and composure and is exactly what Haven miss - a genuine 6. Someone who will make the right decision on tackle 6 more often than not, take the ‘burden’ off Callum to pull rabbits out the hat a little aswel. Not a dig at Howarth who had a decent game today.
Really like young Josh, a definite star in the making.
Hoping the extra couple of hundred fans & sponsors noticed that this set of blokes will bare minimum give 100% for the town and certainly play for the badge on the front of the shirt and not the name on the back, which wasn’t perhaps the case in previous seasons.
Here’s also hoping the boardroom problems get resolved this week and we can all look forward to hear that Kells End roar in the games to follow.