HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Bradford 17.6.18 - Match Reaction

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 17 Jun 2018, 07:26:13 pm
With that crowd and bucket collection is that the 60k been reached. And i just watched that match online. I thought we had some good spells, ref and his mates running the line very poor in the second half and imo thats what killed us, the bulls hammer teams but we gave it to them today,

I doubt we've reached total, yet.  Bucket collection was £1,200.  We had £48K before kick off.  With the £1.2K that would only take us to £49.2K, so maybe a ways to go yet, but we're getting there!

Thought we would be near say 1000 paying adults at £10 = £10000 plus the buckets,

Whatever we have taken on the gate will be needed for the day to day running of the club. We needed an extra £60000 above gate money.

HW

Sounding a bit fishy to me, relying on todays gate should be in with the total, best gate we have had for years and yet thats lookimg at covering the days expenses, am beginning to feel some people are pledging money for nothing, and yes i am a die hard fan of 25 year who now doesnt live in the area.

Are you for real? There's nothing fishy. We budgeted for 800 at £16 but got 1500 at £10 so just over £2k extra in gate money in very simple terms

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 17 Jun 2018, 07:31:30 pm
With that crowd and bucket collection is that the 60k been reached. And i just watched that match online. I thought we had some good spells, ref and his mates running the line very poor in the second half and imo thats what killed us, the bulls hammer teams but we gave it to them today,

I doubt we've reached total, yet.  Bucket collection was £1,200.  We had £48K before kick off.  With the £1.2K that would only take us to £49.2K, so maybe a ways to go yet, but we're getting there!

Thought we would be near say 1000 paying adults at £10 = £10000 plus the buckets,

Whatever we have taken on the gate will be needed for the day to day running of the club. We needed an extra £60000 above gate money.

HW

Sounding a bit fishy to me, relying on todays gate should be in with the total, best gate we have had for years and yet thats lookimg at covering the days expenses, am beginning to feel some people are pledging money for nothing, and yes i am a die hard fan of 25 year who now doesnt live in the area.

Apart from the Town game, today is probably the only time we will have made a profit on the day. Whatever excess was made will cover the poor gates we have had the rest of the year.

HW

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #17 on: 17 Jun 2018, 07:32:35 pm
Great performance by the lads who were ****ed by the way, fast game of rugby by a very good divison 1 team. Theyve said all along playing with a small squad and having people playing through the pain barrier has taken it toll. I think we are going all right the weather didnt help today but we go again. Lets get behind the team and push on, the future is very bright if Stuart and co. Commit to the club.