HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

CONSORTIUM PULL OUT OF TAKEOVER

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #30 on: 24 Jun 2018, 05:40:07 pm
 At the meeting it was said Harvey had done the expected loss along with the the the board....  Demanding the 2k back for the training gear.  The man is scum.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 24 Jun 2018, 05:51:56 pm
I think its come down to mra razz shares not going his way, forget him and hopefully we carry on
Up The Haven

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 24 Jun 2018, 05:56:42 pm
shocking we are a laughing stock

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:08:57 pm
I think its come down to mra razz shares not going his way, forget him and hopefully we carry on

Why would the Razz shares not go his way?

The club is ****** and wont exist very soon.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #34 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:10:22 pm

I havent a clue, you give me 1 good reason why they have pulled out instead of the everyone else is wrong crack
Up The Haven

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:20:45 pm
We’re in debt up to our eye balls and it’s took 8 years to catch up with us.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:23:29 pm

I havent a clue, you give me 1 good reason why they have pulled out instead of the everyone else is wrong crack

Wasnt questioning you. I sincerely hope the Razz estate havent refused to release the shares? Some legacy.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:33:30 pm

Wasnt questioning you. I sincerely hope the Razz estate havent refused to release the shares? Some legacy.

As Mrs R was the one that stepped and and saved the club with her investment, this is a ridiculous statement. She also matched the funding raised by the WISC fundraisers, thus investing many Thousands into the club.

HW

Offline Millomite

• Academy Signing
Reply #38 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:49:24 pm
According to Mr Harvey it is to do with knowing what the clubs needs. From Twitter:

Harvey and his consortium have not been presented with necessary paperwork for them to determine true scale of the debt. More: “We need to know one number: and that is the number the club needs to finish the season. Without those forecasts, it makes this an unviable option.”

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #39 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:54:15 pm

From a good source the reason is that the club have changed the debt and shortfall figure 4 times, new debts keep crawling out of the woodwork and the figure keeps going up.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #40 on: 24 Jun 2018, 07:09:21 pm
Disappointed he’d pulled out but I did have my reservations about the whole thing. Talking to one or two with good connections with the club they feared Mr Harvey was after a merger and having one club with prospects of SL. How much truth in this is up for debate. If he was really up for gaining control he would have despite obstacles. The fact he has pulled out shows is heart wasn’t 100% in it or he would have found ways to resolve this.

As for WRLFC it’s not the end of the world. There are clubs who get far less gates and sponsorships but still continue. Since we won the championship we’ve been beset my money problems but we always seem to come out of it. What’s important is we continue to win games and finish as far up the league as possible for a playoff spot. As for all Haven fans who attended the Bulls game hopefully they’ll be back and for our remaining home games get near or over the 1000 barrier. Let’s move forward. If we stay united we will get over this.
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2018, 07:10:52 pm by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 24 Jun 2018, 07:18:06 pm

No chance. People are just going to think 'whats the point'.

It looks like the pull out is down to our inability to manage our finances and provide information regarding the clubs debt.

Do the club have proper books and an accountant? Hows the club being run?

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 24 Jun 2018, 07:18:12 pm
i like many others sat in clubhouse a couple of week ago listening to the predicament we were in with a top table explaining our financial situation and as a result the town pulled together and raised the said 60K which  MR Harvey said if we get it hes on board with serious investors so here we are now wondering if A) THE DEBT WAS CORRECT or B) IS THE CONSORTIUM GENUINE?? time for answers please alot of people committed their hard earned cash.......

Offline newcastle utd

• Academy Signing
Reply #43 on: 24 Jun 2018, 07:33:22 pm
Do we get our 250 pound back now

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #44 on: 24 Jun 2018, 07:35:19 pm
If it goes the way it now seems to be, then this is a shocking state of affairs for the club to have gotten itself into.

Either they have been inept in their dealings with a real potential investor OR

they have been gullible in the extreme when dealing with an untrustworthy group / individual.

Either way a large proportion of the few supporters we have left have been badly let down BY THE CLUB.

If this 'deal' is not gotten back on the rails somehow, then our club is most likely finished, since many of the above supporters will walk away and never come back, feeling they have been let down or even worse duped.