HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Keighley Cougars 1.7.18 - Match Reaction

Popularsider13

Reply #15 on: 01 Jul 2018, 08:50:39 pm
It's dependant on how many season ticket holders you have.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 01 Jul 2018, 09:42:16 pm
Crowd was very disappointing, I brought 4 extra from st bees alone.  BOD,  continue to shoot the club in the foot - is that because the takeover isn't actually off? - that is what I have heard. Game was awful, but our defense was excellent along with Thompson.  Other than that it was it was dire.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #17 on: 01 Jul 2018, 11:14:38 pm
It's dependant on how many season ticket holders you have.

Not that many

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 01 Jul 2018, 11:16:12 pm
Crowd was very disappointing, I brought 4 extra from st bees alone.  BOD,  continue to shoot the club in the foot - is that because the takeover isn't actually off? - that is what I have heard. Game was awful, but our defense was excellent along with Thompson.  Other than that it was it was dire.

The takeover has gone and so will the club unless the BoD start being fully open and honest and stop hiding behind "non disclosure" statements that the other party clearly having adhered to

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 01 Jul 2018, 11:28:05 pm
you have to question the nous of the board. Losing 6 quid on every speccie
you also have to question whether whitehaven wants a team with that crowd today

To be honest we seem doomed

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 02 Jul 2018, 06:08:56 am
were not loosing 6 pound on every spectator though are we would say at least 50% of the crowd are concessions or kids

Offline arfwayliner

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 02 Jul 2018, 06:31:03 am
I think a lot of fans have given up. Haven are (and seemingly will be) stuck in a loop of no longer being able to survive in their current form. It's 8 years since the last time they were here. I like many can see the same happening again.
It won't be a popular suggestion but they have to try something different, the only way I can see is the merger.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 02 Jul 2018, 08:16:12 am
were not loosing 6 pound on every spectator though are we would say at least 50% of the crowd are concessions or kids

fair do's - poor crowd any way up

Offline newcastle utd

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 02 Jul 2018, 09:28:05 am
Nobodys goin to come back till the bod start bein honest with us fans if we are more in debt that we think just tell the truth .then we can start doin somethin about it.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 02 Jul 2018, 09:30:10 am
Nobodys goin to come back till the bod start bein honest with us fans if we are more in debt that we think just tell the truth .then we can start doin somethin about it.

Exactly marra.  Yesterday shows this club is in crisis and burying there heads in the sand is going to finish the club off.

Offline newcastle utd

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 02 Jul 2018, 09:33:50 am
Ye thats what this bod is doin keepin queit and hopin it will all go away and it wont call a meetin tell the truth and we can start from there to keep our club alive.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 02 Jul 2018, 09:59:06 am
Just under 600 is poor considering the price was dropped. It does make you wonder if the people of Copeland actually want a team. Maybe championship rugby if we ever get promoted might entice a few back.

We do need clarity from the BOD on our exact financial position but that said they do a thankless job and I’m sure put in many hours unpaid to keep our club going

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 02 Jul 2018, 10:37:54 am
It looked more than 500 there yesterday, but the big thing for me is how we advertise games, we've got a little board on the way into town with who we play next on and thats about it.
The forum, Twitter and facebook are great for people who use social media but theres alot that don't.
Have the club got rid of the burger van now as well? And are doing it ourselves? If so thats a good call just need to have a fridge for cold soft drinks cause the bottles were warm yesterday not good in that heat for the kids.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #28 on: 02 Jul 2018, 10:50:08 am
Simon was helping behind the bar

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 02 Jul 2018, 11:12:14 am
After speaking with our chairman yesterday he assured me that the clubs debt hasnt increased since the meeting and we will finish the season.