• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #45 on: 04 Jul 2018, 09:57:11 pm
It includes everyone through the gates;

Children
Concessions
Adults
Sponsors Lounge
Free tickets (These are requirements set by the RFL)
Season Tickets
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #46 on: 04 Jul 2018, 11:38:35 pm

Children
Concessions
Adults
Sponsors Lounge
Season Tickets

Thanks, so be lucky if 3k was taken on Sunday then.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #47 on: 04 Jul 2018, 11:52:06 pm

Children
Concessions
Adults
Sponsors Lounge
Season Tickets

Thanks, so be lucky if 3k was taken on Sunday then.

Wasn’t even that I’m afraid. No matter what the club does be it reduced entry, have a competitive team on the pitch, drop beer prices and pray for glorious weather (ok club can’t claim this one 😂) the people of Whitehaven and it’s surrounding area just don’t seem to want a semi-pro club to follow.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 05 Jul 2018, 08:52:09 am
Where was the game advertised? Where was it stated that the prices were still reduced - i only seen this towards the end of the week!  The games should be getting advertised to wider audience rather than on social media and on this forum.  Get the full PNG lads round schools promoting the club getting kids interested, have games on a half time for local schools and clubs. Its basics of business, the club will never survive if people dont know whats happening (and i dont mean the ongoing saga of this failed takeover etc), nor will it if we dont appeal to the younger audience - ive said it before but dont think the message gets through to the club the future is with the kids - furure fans future players.
The problem is this takes a little bit of work and it probably goes in the to hard to do box and forgotten about, cause its easy to do a drinks promotion

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #49 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:24:42 am
Where was the game advertised? Where was it stated that the prices were still reduced - i only seen this towards the end of the week!  The games should be getting advertised to wider audience rather than on social media and on this forum.  Get the full PNG lads round schools promoting the club getting kids interested, have games on a half time for local schools and clubs. Its basics of business, the club will never survive if people dont know whats happening (and i dont mean the ongoing saga of this failed takeover etc), nor will it if we dont appeal to the younger audience - ive said it before but dont think the message gets through to the club the future is with the kids - furure fans future players.
The problem is this takes a little bit of work and it probably goes in the to hard to do box and forgotten about, cause its easy to do a drinks promotion

the club are crying out for help and for lottery collectors and general help non forthcoming.
born and bred haven.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #50 on: 05 Jul 2018, 08:53:01 pm
Where was the game advertised? - Social Media, Local Newspapers, Sport websites, Matchday programme, club website, this forum

Where was it stated that the prices were still reduced - i only seen this towards the end of the week! - When the reduction was initially annouced it was stated that the club would look to continue throughout the remainder of the season, if it worked in bringing fans back. It clearly hasn't so unlikely it will continue.

The games should be getting advertised to wider audience rather than on social media and on this forum.  Get the full PNG lads round schools promoting the club getting kids interested, have games on a half time for local schools and clubs. - This is tried, my own club are asked on a game by game basis but unfortunately on most occasions clubs cannot make it due to a variety of reasons. This is a fact as my club have often tried, without success, to either raise a team or find a team to play. Its generally not the kids but the parents who cannot commit.

Its basics of business, - I take it you have a successful company or MBA

the club will never survive if people don't know whats happening (and i don't mean the ongoing saga of this failed takeover etc) nor will it if we dont appeal to the younger audience - I've said it before but don't think the message gets through to the club the future is with the kids - future fans future players. - If we cannot get the parents to commit to bringing their kids what can the club do?

The problem is this takes a little bit of work and it probably goes in the to hard to do box and forgotten about, cause its easy to do a drinks promotion - Also takes money to advertise the game be it advertising costs, costs of leaflets/posters/etc.. or both

There was 850-950 Haven fans at the Bradford game that knew when this game was and who it was against. Those fans watched a team compete (and had their chances to beat) against the best team in the league by far. Yet if you are lucky 2/3's of them returned. To highlight what the club is up against, the money taken through the gate last Sunday would not have been enough to have paid winning money for that game if every player and coach was a basic £200 win / £100 loss non contract money, let alone have paid for whatever the result was next weekend when the club doesn't get any of the crowd.

All that shows is that the area cannot and will not support anything more than an amateur setup
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2018, 08:54:32 pm by jammy dodger »

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #51 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:00:43 pm
Where was the game advertised? - Social Media, Local Newspapers, Sport websites, Matchday programme, club website, this forum

Where was it stated that the prices were still reduced - i only seen this towards the end of the week! - When the reduction was initially annouced it was stated that the club would look to continue throughout the remainder of the season, if it worked in bringing fans back. It clearly hasn't so unlikely it will continue.

The games should be getting advertised to wider audience rather than on social media and on this forum.  Get the full PNG lads round schools promoting the club getting kids interested, have games on a half time for local schools and clubs. - This is tried, my own club are asked on a game by game basis but unfortunately on most occasions clubs cannot make it due to a variety of reasons. This is a fact as my club have often tried, without success, to either raise a team or find a team to play. Its generally not the kids but the parents who cannot commit.

the club will never survive if people don't know whats happening (and i don't mean the ongoing saga of this failed takeover etc) nor will it if we dont appeal to the younger audience - I've said it before but don't think the message gets through to the club the future is with the kids - future fans future players. - If we cannot get the parents to commit to bringing their kids what can the club do?

The problem is this takes a little bit of work and it probably goes in the to hard to do box and forgotten about, cause its easy to do a drinks promotion - Also takes money to advertise the game be it advertising costs, costs of leaflets/posters/etc.. or both

There was 850-950 Haven fans at the Bradford game that knew when this game was and who it was against. Those fans watched a team compete (and had their chances to beat) against the best team in the league by far. Yet if you are lucky 2/3's of them returned. To highlight what the club is up against, the money taken through the gate last Sunday would not have been enough to have paid winning money for that game if every player and coach was a basic £200 win / £100 loss non contract money, let alone have paid for whatever the result was next weekend when the club doesn't get any of the crowd.

All that shows is that the area cannot and will not support anything more than an amateur setup
to be fair town are averaging slightly less than us this year and seem to be financially stable off the field if only 2 points better off than us yet nobody is saying nobody in allerdale doesn't want a semi pro team iris as it is support is dying for both clubs in west cumbria

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:08:13 pm
How can we subtain when we’re paying in excess of 100k for 4 members of staff/players, if we’re to be around next year only way we will have a chance is by having a local coach, local players and as little travellers as possible, for people who say they won’t sign! They will if they think they have a chance of getting on the field.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #53 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:09:57 pm
How can we subtain when we’re paying in excess of 100k for 4 members of staff/players, if we’re to be around next year only way we will have a chance is by having a local coach, local players and as little travellers as possible, for people who say they won’t sign! They will if they think they have a chance of getting on the field.

You cannot get near that figure adding up the 4 biggest contract earners at the club - players or staff

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #54 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:11:39 pm
I beg to differ

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #55 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:13:27 pm

to be fair town are averaging slightly less than us this year and seem to be financially stable off the field if only 2 points better off than us yet nobody is saying nobody in allerdale doesn't want a semi pro team iris as it is support is dying for both clubs in west cumbria

Nobody would have thought Barrow were financially struggling. Keighley struggled because their backer pulled out. I'm not saying Town are like this as I have no idea, and i'd assume you don't either, of their finances. I would hazard a guess that town found backers for some of their players, probably didn't have any deficit remaining from last year and have had better luck with attracting sponsors than Haven have had this year.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #56 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:14:10 pm
I beg to differ

But I know, that's the difference here

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #57 on: 05 Jul 2018, 09:39:33 pm
But how but anyone but a bod member know,

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #58 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:17:36 pm
Town on twitter saying NHS workers go free for the 70th birthday
Thats the kind of thing that gets publicity at little cost i would imagine

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #59 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:27:41 pm
Exactly but we havent got that business brain, instead we will put a drink promotion instead cause thats the easy option