HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Keighley Cougars 1.7.18 - Match Reaction

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #60 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:30:23 pm
Town on twitter saying NHS workers go free for the 70th birthday
Thats the kind of thing that gets publicity at little cost i would imagine

Yeah just seen that myself, hats off to Workington for that it’s a lovely thank you gesture to those who do a wonderful job. In hindsight perhaps something that could have been done last weekend at the Rec as a wonderful gesture also.

Good publicity aside though, would that gesture have earned the club anymore money, or would it perhaps have even had the opposite effect on an already terrible day for the clubs finances?

Plenty of sniping going on but almost zero constructive posts.
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #61 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:32:26 pm
Exactly but we havent got that business brain, instead we will put a drink promotion instead cause thats the easy option

Your earlier statement I responded to was thoughtful and well reasoned but now just following the rest of the naysayers.

Other than good publicity please explain how that offer would have gained the club some short term money
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #62 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:33:08 pm
as much a dropping 6 quid off the price for every single person attending? Not sniping just commenting on a good idea thats getting them lot publicity

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #63 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:34:07 pm
Exactly but we havent got that business brain, instead we will put a drink promotion instead cause thats the easy option

Your earlier statement I responded to was thoughtful and well reasoned but now just following the rest of the naysayers.

Other than good publicity please explain how that offer would have gained the club some short term money

if that was the aim keeping the price at 16 would have brought short term money

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #64 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:40:18 pm
The price drop was an avenue explored during the takeover period in part (a) to show the consortium there is an appetite for the club by the fans (b) to show potential sponsor the same thing (c) the biggest reason given for the drop in attendances was the price.

Once again something the club has tried to bring in to appease the fans has backfired, looking like the lost fans were just using that as an excuse not to come to games anymore

Please be assured though the experiment (for want of a better word) has ran its course. And for those who believe my words are worthless, that will be officially out tomorrow
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2018, 10:41:55 pm by jammy dodger »

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #65 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:47:48 pm
who believes your words are worthless> Nobody mentioned that as far as i can see

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #66 on: 05 Jul 2018, 10:51:33 pm
who believes your words are worthless> Nobody mentioned that as far as i can see

3rd page in on “Club Statement” thread in a post by Textuality Active

“Yeah you have but you are "unofficial", in effect the information you've given is worthless. ”

I am more than happy to come in here and answer what I can to alleviate any concerns where I can but there seems to be a lack of decent questions but plenty of mud slinging, ‘Fake News’ comments and sniping
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2018, 10:53:54 pm by jammy dodger »

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #67 on: 05 Jul 2018, 11:08:27 pm
Well with all due respect isn’t it time club put there cards on table, if everything’s out in the open then at least we have a starting point we’re we can move forward, as it stands the only reason the sniping is happening because the fans are frustrated to a point we’re its speak first think later.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #68 on: 05 Jul 2018, 11:16:05 pm

3rd page in on “Club Statement” thread in a post by Textuality Active

“Yeah you have but you are "unofficial", in effect the information you've given is worthless. ”

I am more than happy to come in here and answer what I can to alleviate any concerns where I can but there seems to be a lack of decent questions but plenty of mud slinging, ‘Fake News’ comments and sniping

not being funny marra but you have to say in what capacity you are alleviating concerns

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #69 on: 05 Jul 2018, 11:17:30 pm
Well with all due respect isn’t it time club put there cards on table, if everything’s out in the open then at least we have a starting point we’re we can move forward, as it stands the only reason the sniping is happening because the fans are frustrated to a point we’re its speak first think later.

Let’s be honest that isn’t a recent thing.

The club will be holding a meeting, but like I’ve previously stated, before the financials were ironed out the club wanted to see the income levels from the Keighley game. No point having a meeting with no answers available to some of the obvious questions. The statement out tomorrow will hopefully give the timescales for the meeting(s).

I believe regular meetings would not only be a good thing in general but at this moment in time a necessary thing.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #70 on: 05 Jul 2018, 11:19:48 pm
Well least there’s a statement tomorrow that’s a start

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #71 on: 05 Jul 2018, 11:19:52 pm

Let’s be honest that isn’t a recent thing.

Can you explain what it is exactly you want “out in the open”

The club will be holding a meeting, but like I’ve previously stated, before the financials were ironed out the club wanted to see the income levels from the Keighley game. No point having a meeting with no answers available to some of the obvious questions. The statement out tomorrow will hopefully give the timescales for the meeting(s).

I believe regular meetings would not only be a good thing in general but at this moment in time a necessary thing.

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #72 on: 06 Jul 2018, 02:47:12 am
If and when the meeting is arranged , every question should be answered . This also includes the details and the reason for the breakdown in takeover talks . I can see into the future , we cannot disclose any details regarding the takeover , because of the confidentiality agreement . I think the board don't understand the strength of feeling , that some long term fans have towards this embarrassing situation over this takeover fiasco . The club are trying to attract new faces to come through the turnstile .But what they don't realise, is that  they are in danger of losing , long time supporters . The only positive thing about Whitehaven , that's the entire squad of players + backroom staff. 

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #73 on: 06 Jul 2018, 06:37:46 am
and have the players been asked to take a pay reduction

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #74 on: 06 Jul 2018, 07:32:50 am
and have the players been asked to take a pay reduction

No