HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

salary cap who knows

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 26 Oct 2006, 12:14:01 am
what the cap is next season i would like to know as cas have already signed these players

Andrew Henderson - Re-signed
Peter Lupton - Re-signed
Ryan Clayton - Salford
Tommy Saxton - Hull FC (Wakefield Loan)
Michael Wainwright - Batley Bulldogs
Kirk Dixon - Hull FC
Liam Higgins - Hull FC
Awen Guttenbeil - New Zealand Warriors
James King - Wyong Roo?s
Stuart Donlan - Huddersfield Giants.
Chris Charles - Salford City Reds
Craig Huby - Re-signed
Michael Shenton- Re-signed

mark leafa
dwayne barker

and expected to announce over the next few days

ryan mcgoldrick
danny brough
wayne mcdonald

if this is the case 2 things
1  i think thay will walk the league
 2 how much have they spent gutenbeil must be on 60 k alone, with goldrick,donlan,lupton,brough?, mcadonald?, all got or getting intrest from sl clubs you have to be looking at 30 k each at least...the rst at least 20 to 25 k.....i reckon the players listed above would be well in excessof 450k thats with out any cost of running the academy teams

i think their plan is is ignore the cap go up and take the rap in 2008 knowing francise will be in the following year.....the rfl need to act now
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline casmandy

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 26 Oct 2006, 12:18:24 am
we are NOT signing macdonald.. why worry what cas are signing :P

havenchris

Reply #2 on: 26 Oct 2006, 07:24:52 am
well stop telling us who you've signed !!

Offline Haven till we die

• Academy Star
  • Grand Final here we come HAVEN!!
    • www.whitehavenrl.co.uk
Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2006, 12:27:28 pm
;DWell said Havenchris

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2006, 03:40:04 pm
The  salary  caps  a  complete  waste  of time  because  its  impossible  to  police  and  when  checks  have  been  done  its  too late  as  the  season's  over  and  the  new  season  has  started.

To  make  it  work  clubs  need  to  be  checked  once  the  season  has  finished  and  if  that  had  been  done  last  year  they  could  have  kept  Cas  down  and  promoted  us.

As  for  the  signing's  both  Widnes  and  Cas  are  making,  it  smells  a  rat  right  away.  Surely  the  RFL  must  look  at  this  and  set  alarm  bells  ringing. Maybe  its  about  time  they  reminded  us  ordinary  fans  in  simple  terms  just  what  the  salary  cap  is  and  what  are the  main  points. ???

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2006, 04:51:03 pm
It is also entirely possible that Cas have applied for and been granted a higher salary cap!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2006, 11:33:56 am
Or that they're flouting the rules yet again?

The way they get around the salary cap (which is common knowledge) is by givivng the players jobs, paying their wages under the cover of whichever company they work for as it wont count on the salary cap.

Offline Manu, Manu

• Academy Signing
Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2006, 05:00:06 pm
As I`m sure a lot of you know,players under 21 yrs do not count towards the salary cap,Shenton,Huby,Payne,Boyle and Westerman are all in this catergory.The squad we have assembled thus far looks very impressive i will grant you but as for breaching the cap,if as last time,we prove we can afford to spend more the RFL will increase our limit,which i estimate to be 650k or around that figure.
The breach of the cap we incurred when we last played in this division was only due to player registration being lodged incorrectly and not spending above our budget.
Many of the Cas faithful look forward to renewing the friendly rivalry between our two clubs and I personally look forward to both your visit to us,having a few drinks with the mates made last time you were here.Then when the repeat fixture at the Rece is played sharing a few drinks in the Catle and Marchon Club before and after another thrilling game,until then all the best for the coming season and may both clubs be successful. 

Offline mattscunny

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2006, 02:43:08 pm
what the cap is next season i would like to know as cas have already signed these players

Andrew Henderson - Re-signed
Peter Lupton - Re-signed
Ryan Clayton - Salford
Tommy Saxton - Hull FC (Wakefield Loan)
Michael Wainwright - Batley Bulldogs
Kirk Dixon - Hull FC
Liam Higgins - Hull FC
Awen Guttenbeil - New Zealand Warriors
James King - Wyong Roo?s
Stuart Donlan - Huddersfield Giants.
Chris Charles - Salford City Reds
Craig Huby - Re-signed
Michael Shenton- Re-signed

mark leafa
dwayne barker

and expected to announce over the next few days

ryan mcgoldrick
danny brough
wayne mcdonald

if this is the case 2 things
1  i think thay will walk the league
 2 how much have they spent gutenbeil must be on 60 k alone, with goldrick,donlan,lupton,brough?, mcadonald?, all got or getting intrest from sl clubs you have to be looking at 30 k each at least...the rst at least 20 to 25 k.....i reckon the players listed above would be well in excessof 450k thats with out any cost of running the academy teams

i think their plan is is ignore the cap go up and take the rap in 2008 knowing francise will be in the following year.....the rfl need to act now
   dont forget Ruben Wiki  ;)
CAS TIGERS NL1 TOUR [ part 2  !! ]