HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Thunder 29.7.18 - Match Reaction

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 29 Jul 2018, 04:54:39 pm
A Haven victory over Newcastle Thunder..... your thoughts..........
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline njg4haven

• First Team Regular
  • Only 700k to go to purchase date
    • Cumbria's Top Band
Reply #1 on: 29 Jul 2018, 04:56:09 pm
A Haven victory over Newcastle Thunder..... your thoughts..........
The importance of this may only be realised in a few weeks. Every credit again to Fozzy and the boys.
"To sin by silence makes cowards of men"   Ella Wilcox USA

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2018, 04:57:18 pm
Can’t not give this team big raps unreal team spirit week to week, well done  :bow:

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:16:33 pm
Proud is the only word I can think of to describe that.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:32:42 pm
 credit to the lads for the win today but gosh that referee was shocking? Newcastle are a good fast team and at times looked better than us, but injuries will take its toll on players (us) so 2 points today is a bonus

Offline AllezHaven

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:34:35 pm
Fozzy should be made a freeman of Copeland and Whitehaven in particular :tip: :tip:
Allez haven

Been supporting Haven since Gus Risman stood on my new mac. My ma gave me hell!

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:34:52 pm
fantastic defensive work by our walking wounded yet again, team spirit first class, callum another week of taking cheapshots and another week of very poor refereeing.
Oh and another week of 2 points :tip: any stay away fans really are missing watching a passionate Haven team.

Online African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:36:40 pm
Worst ref so far. Food from kellbank looked and smelled amazing.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:36:56 pm
The defender today at times was awesome it was like a scene from Rourkes Drift
Everything they threw at us we took and knocked over.
Super effort considering we had 17 patched up players some out of position, the weather conditions, and of course the usual inept referee
Keep going lads, rest up now a couple of weeks off to hopefully recover and get some treatment on those knocks
#nevergivein

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 29 Jul 2018, 05:45:36 pm
Super effort considering we had 17 patched up players some out of position, the weather conditions, and of course the usual inept referee
Keep going lads, rest up now a couple of weeks off to hopefully recover and get some treatment on those knocks
#nevergivein
  Do we not play Bradford on Saturday the 4th August,  that only gives the boys 5 days to recover.

Offline havenfan

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 29 Jul 2018, 06:09:32 pm
Thought mossop and callum were outstanding in defence today and the effort everyone put in was phenomenal but I also think we were lucky to come away with the win.

The conditions probably worked in our favour given our tired legs and injuries as Newcastle looked a lot quicker and sharper going forward and threw the ball about with more purpose.

I don't know why we are always in a position with scrums of not knowing who is meant to be in them. Surely that's something simple but so many times this year we end up with players doing the hokey cokey not knowing who is meant to be in the scrum and eventually the nearest player ends up going in and today it bit us on the backside.

Why we put out fullback and most of our backs in the scrum when we were near our own line and with only a minute or two to go before half time was beyond me especially when this left us with mostly forwards in the defensive line... And then we kept doing it!

Finally a special mention for Tilley who was playing as a stand in prop, never took a backwards step and always made himself available to run the ball in

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2018, 06:57:04 pm
#nevergivein
  Do we not play Bradford on Saturday the 4th August,  that only gives the boys 5 days to recover.
Your correct marra I had a stupid thought we were off until a week on Saturday
Think my heads done in with having the Thunder fans behind us first half in Kells end lol

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2018, 06:58:35 pm
Got to say it on here as he doesn't get the congratulations he deserves.....Shackley was immense today and has been all season. Without him we would never be as effective, Top class as a leader, player and enforcer. Class Class Class So pleased he got MoM.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2018, 07:15:15 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2018, 07:50:48 pm
Awesome performance. With so many carrying knocks we had to dig deep against a very good and enthusiastic Thunder team.

At 8-8 I couldn't see us winning but team spirit within the side is 2nd to none. Well done to Fozzy and all the lads.

As for Bradford I would play all our new signings and try and rest as many as possible. Can't see us winning against the Bulls but Oldham whilst a tough game is a winnable match so save a few for that.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2018, 08:42:53 pm
We should have beat Oldham up here first game but we wer awfull like and they weren’t as good as I thought