HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bulls v Haven (4.8.18) - Match Reaction

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 05 Aug 2018, 01:36:02 pm
I'm sure I'll get shot down but Callum looked quiet apart from that really good break. I was expecting a bit more from him this season tbh

Is he carrying an injury?  If you remember our first set from the kick off we made good yards, on fourth got a good off load away and Callum just kicked on instead of running at their line.  Something he would have done in the past. Maybe he is lacking a bit in confidence, who knows?

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 05 Aug 2018, 01:38:23 pm
Should be kicking them penalties further, making 10-20 metres, shud be around 25-40 metres easy
we tried that early yesterday missed touch and they scored first try off it

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 05 Aug 2018, 02:48:33 pm
I'm sure I'll get shot down but Callum looked quiet apart from that really good break. I was expecting a bit more from him this season tbh

Is he carrying an injury?  If you remember our first set from the kick off we made good yards, on fourth got a good off load away and Callum just kicked on instead of running at their line.  Something he would have done in the past. Maybe he is lacking a bit in confidence, who knows?

95% are carrying knocks and need resting, including the half backs. Another poster suggested there was a lack of effort/interest. You should think again, I have never seen or known anything like this season. If teams were judged on effort alone we would be top of the league without doubt. They really are doing it tough.

Des

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 05 Aug 2018, 03:03:06 pm
Certainly no lack of effort, errors in the first ten minutes killed us.  We done well to keep the score down after that.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #19 on: 05 Aug 2018, 03:52:38 pm
Nothing put respect for this haven team....every man jack of them.....every week they turn up and give of  their best when most are carrying injuries which should keep them out of the team.

Supporters are entitled to more negative opinions, but I take my indicators from the way a number of ex-players are putting themselves out to help the team and club.

This club means something so many people.....even many of those who are not turning up now-a-days will miss it if it goes.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #20 on: 05 Aug 2018, 04:16:15 pm
Des, I couldn't agree more. This team we have currently are young, keen and play there heart out every week.

They are a battered and bruised team who every game I watch them give 100%. Even yesterday at 42-0 we still defended our line.

No effort comments are insulting and clear from guys who 'watched on tele'.

We played a team yesterday with 5/6 loan players from super league or top of championship one. That was the difference, certainly not effort.

Big game next week, join us there and SEE how much effort they put in

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 05 Aug 2018, 05:41:05 pm
unfortuneatley came up against a well orgainised and professional team yesterday.we put out a makeup team with amateurs and injured players, our lad's gave their all and were unlucky to come up empty handed,personally I thought jessie's try was ok and would have made the score more respectable'never thought we could win this game but disappointed we didn't score.i would like to thank the bull's for their great hospitality,despite the result we had a great day and would like to thank them ALL for the presentation made to our bod at half  time  long live rugby league.

as an after thought many thank's must go out to simon taylor and shaun drinkwater for finding the last coach in cumbria to enable our visit to Bradford,but at the same time disappointed at pickthalls taking the opportunity to RIP us off charging over £900 for the trip
great work vice chairman simon and chairman shaun. bring on Oldham.
« Last Edit: 06 Aug 2018, 10:19:06 am by denisatesk »

Offline townie

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 05 Aug 2018, 06:19:04 pm

95% are carrying knocks and need resting, including the half backs. Another poster suggested there was a lack of effort/interest. You should think again, I have never seen or known anything like this season. If teams were judged on effort alone we would be top of the league without doubt. They really are doing it tough.

Des
Are any other teams not carrying knocks?  To quote 95% seems a bit much.  Exactly how many players do haven have injured without getting out of 3rd gear?

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 05 Aug 2018, 06:30:17 pm

Des
Are any other teams not carrying knocks?  To quote 95% seems a bit much.  Exactly how many players do haven have injured without getting out of 3rd gear?

We have the smallest squad in league 1, we arent DR with any team, yes our team is carrying injuries, percentage i wouldnt know, and yet we plough on, imo yesterday was always a loss, bring on oldham
Up The Haven

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #24 on: 05 Aug 2018, 06:48:34 pm
Thanks Denis, glad we got there but I will be on name and shame tomorrow.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 05 Aug 2018, 06:58:08 pm

Des

Sorry Townie I’ll amend the figures. Probably only 90% are fully fit but 100% play till the final hooter. Hope that reads better for you.

Des

Offline townie

• Academy Signing
Reply #26 on: 05 Aug 2018, 07:18:26 pm

How many players do Haven have injured? Cant think of a lot myself, are 90% carry knock but isn't most teams?

Des

Sorry Townie I’ll amend the figures. Probably only 90% are fully fit but 100% play till the final hooter. Hope that reads better for you.

Des

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #27 on: 05 Aug 2018, 07:23:09 pm
Thanks Denis, glad we got there but I will be on name and shame tomorrow.
no shame simon I know how hard you (personally ) worked to get our bus on yesterday,job well  done
and WE appreciate it.thank you.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 05 Aug 2018, 07:29:18 pm
unfortuneatley came up against a well orgainised and professional team yesterday.we put out a makeup team with amarteurs and injured players, our lad's gave their all and were unlucky to come up empty handed,personally I thought jessie's try was ok and would have made the score more respectable'never thought we could win this game but disappointed we didn't score.i would like to thank the bull's for their great hospitality,despite the result we had a great day and would like to thank them ALL for the presentation made to our bod at half  time  long live rugby league.

as an after thought many thank's must go out to simon taylor and shaun drinkwater for finding the last coach in cumbria to enable our visit to Bradford,but at the same time disappointed at pickthalls taking the opportunity to RIP us off charging over £900 for the trip
great work vice chairman simon and chairman shaun. bring on Oldham.

Pickthals are now owned by a company from Lancashire, so they wont have any scruples about pricing,

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 05 Aug 2018, 08:29:29 pm

How many players do Haven have injured? Cant think of a lot myself, are 90% carry knock but isn't most teams?

Des

Des

At least ours are turning up, KO missing in action again today.

HW