Nilled two weeks on the trot is very poor

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2018, 05:15:24 pm
Very disappointed with this result.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 12 Aug 2018, 05:28:41 pm
Foz raging in his interview, long time since that has happened.

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 12 Aug 2018, 05:47:05 pm
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 12 Aug 2018, 06:03:58 pm
Letโ€™s get real only two teams going up this year and thatโ€™s Bradford & York if we get to the playoffs so be it but from days away from going bust, come on letโ€™s take every game one at a time and see where it leads, personally I think we have to build for next year and not put to much pressure on ourselves this year. Let the world beaters up the road think about promotion and let us concentrate and be thankful we still have a team to watch.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Aug 2018, 06:09:17 pm
If we win next week 5th place is likely imo, lose and it's over.  But if we finish 5th and York win the league it would be some payday at Bradford, got to be positive.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 12 Aug 2018, 07:38:19 pm
Not to score in 2 games is poor. For me were too slow at the play the ball giving teams more time to get set and we don't throw the ball about enough.

With 5 games left we Have Donny (h) Stags (a( Hunslet (h)  Coventry (h) and York (a) With the exception of York we have to win the other 4. The cluster of teams around us all have to play each other.  Town have Bulls, York and Donny. They also have Thunder away.

A top 5 with achievable win 4 wins. Just got to keep the faith

Offline denisatesk

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 12 Aug 2018, 09:33:16 pm
very poor today and a strange team selection,oldham  were much better than us today although a committed and structured haven team would have put them to the sword today,however our team selection today puzzeled us fans and it would appear the team as well.if we have given up the chase for promotion could someone please let us (supporters) know then we can put our hard earned ยฃ's to a better purpose "ie" hols etc.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 12 Aug 2018, 11:32:30 pm
Failing to score a point in 2 full games is really worrying. Are our pack not laying the platform or are our 1/2s not running the game?

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 13 Aug 2018, 01:32:42 am
I honestly don't think we will not win another game in the league this season.  The complete fiasco of past player's resigning on for Whitehaven , these players in the previous years have served Haven with distinction , but the past is the past .

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 13 Aug 2018, 12:13:14 pm
From where I was it looked like our biggest issue was not dealing with the Oldham defense. The Oldham edges had very good line speed and were on our before they could generate any momentum. The number of times they nailed our second receiver as he got the ball was significant. Solution? either stand a little deeper to give more time or speed up distribution from Play the ball or look to chip behind into space with an outside back in motion.  In attack our midfield bombs were landing about 30 metres from their try line, they were happy to let the ball bounce in the knowledge that they could take our receiver when he gathered. Solution, ball to land in the "red" zone.

We also bombed 2 trys on/over the line, on another day they stick and it is a different game

We need to sort out who is in the scrum, I get we need our strongest tacklers in a defensive scrum but the "hokey cokey" effect only serves to disrupt.

I thought the ref made errors on both sides but, speaking as a former ref, constant winging and throwing out of arms will not get him on your side. Need to play the ref better.

Dave Thompson is one of our leading scorers, neither him nor burns got anywhere enough early ball to yest their opposite numbers.

On the plus side, I thought Thompson (forward) had a good dig as did Gillam (2 charge downs?) Jessie Joe made a difference when he came on. I cannot agree with Forster that the forwards let us down (though he clearly knows a lot more than me) but the real issue was, when Plan A is not working the coaches on the side should be looking to instigate plan B (or C).

We were long shots for promotion this year, we have over achieved given size of squad and off field concerns. Quite looking forward to next season

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 13 Aug 2018, 08:11:28 pm
I honestly don't think we will not win another game in the league this season.  The complete fiasco of past player's resigning on for Whitehaven , these players in the previous years have served Haven with distinction , but the past is the past .

Well if we canโ€™t beat Coventry and Hemel we might as well pack in now

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 13 Aug 2018, 10:09:29 pm
we resign roper and hes not even in the 17?? surely hes a decent option?

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 13 Aug 2018, 10:32:28 pm
He has been on a pre arranged holiday. Available this week.