HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Bulls v Haven (4.8.18) - Match Reaction

Offline DonkeyParker

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 05 Aug 2018, 09:13:46 pm
as an after thought many thank's must go out to simon taylor and shaun drinkwater for finding the last coach in cumbria to enable our visit to Bradford,but at the same time disappointed at pickthalls taking the opportunity to RIP us off charging over £900 for the trip

Pickthall is only the name on the side of the coaches.... Pickthall sold out, it's now Jansen Travel...

Offline kiss the snake

• Fans Favourite
Reply #31 on: 06 Aug 2018, 07:02:36 am
Des, I couldn't agree more. This team we have currently are young, keen and play there heart out every week.

They are a battered and bruised team who every game I watch them give 100%. Even yesterday at 42-0 we still defended our line.

No effort comments are insulting and clear from guys who 'watched on tele'.

We played a team yesterday with 5/6 loan players from super league or top of championship one. That was the difference, certainly not effort.

Big game next week, join us there and SEE how much effort they put in
Whether a FAN went to the game or "watched on telly" he's still entitled to an opinion!

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 06 Aug 2018, 08:41:12 am
here we go with you can only be a fan if you went in person

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #33 on: 06 Aug 2018, 09:21:02 am
You get the whole view of the match and can see who puts effort in. Not just following the ball on TV. The TV only shows you a tiny bit of the whole action and therefore I think it's inappropriate to give the lads stick with out seeing it live.

Offline colcol

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 06 Aug 2018, 02:21:05 pm
The result did not surprise me . I still think this team deserves all the praise it receives, they have done a magnificent job this season.

Offline Textually Active

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 06 Aug 2018, 04:46:30 pm
You get the whole view of the match and can see who puts effort in. Not just following the ball on TV. The TV only shows you a tiny bit of the whole action and therefore I think it's inappropriate to give the lads stick with out seeing it live.

You are very wrong there mate.  The match was LIVE on the internet for all to see and give their opinion.  Does it occur to you before slating those that didn't go to the match that away expensive travel is not affordable to all?  If you have the cash to go to away games, good on you and well done for your support. 

Opinions are like nostrils, everyone has them and entitled to use them, like it or not.  I have just expressed mine.  But to slate people and infer they cannot comment because they are not a true fan because they don't go to away matches and didn't see it live ?!?!  (It was a live feed I saw) is out of order mate.

Think a little about others financial, family and personal situations before lambasting them for daring not to go to a match.

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #36 on: 06 Aug 2018, 05:26:53 pm

You are very wrong there mate.  The match was LIVE on the internet for all to see and give their opinion.  Does it occur to you before slating those that didn't go to the match that away expensive travel is not affordable to all?  If you have the cash to go to away games, good on you and well done for your support. 

Opinions are like nostrils, everyone has them and entitled to use them, like it or not.  I have just expressed mine.  But to slate people and infer they cannot comment because they are not a true fan because they don't go to away matches and didn't see it live ?!?!  (It was a live feed I saw) is out of order mate.

Think a little about others financial, family and personal situations before lambasting them for daring not to go to a match.
Agree with you, I live in Canada so not easy to get too any matches let alone away matches, however i will be in Whitehaven  for the Hunslet game September 9th.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 06 Aug 2018, 05:51:37 pm

Got to.disagree with you there, thats like saying you cant comment watching the footy wid mates bcos you werent there, the cameras show the action of every play, i seen everything play and tackle on the telly that you wilo have seen stood at odsal,
Up The Haven

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 06 Aug 2018, 06:26:20 pm
what a load of crap
we probably had a better view if anything

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 06 Aug 2018, 08:31:02 pm
I go nearly every away game theres probably about 30 regulars and a few others but that doesn't make me a better fan than the ones who just go home games. Would be nice to get a few more to away games but without the 750 we're averaging at home games there wouldn't be a team to support.

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #40 on: 06 Aug 2018, 09:27:48 pm
I never criticised anybody that doesn't travel to away games, I simply said on TV you don't get the same perspective as you do live in person. And it's funny how that those saying there was a lack if effort etc only seen it from the tv and not how much the lads gave.

It seems to me that people on here just like to turn everything into a negative

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #41 on: 07 Aug 2018, 08:56:07 am
I never criticised anybody that doesn't travel to away games, I simply said on TV you don't get the same perspective as you do live in person. And it's funny how that those saying there was a lack if effort etc only seen it from the tv and not how much the lads gave.

Everyone who watched on telly saying lack of effort is telling the truth. There is only us and west wales that have went to odsal and not scored a point, to me that is lack of effort, yeah bradford are a good team but to not score a point but then can go and beat 2 chamoionship teams in the CC that is called effort, anyhow heres hoping for a much needed improvment at oldham.
Up The Haven

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 07 Aug 2018, 04:31:45 pm

Everyone who watched on telly saying lack of effort is telling the truth. There is only us and west wales that have went to odsal and not scored a point, to me that is lack of effort, yeah bradford are a good team but to not score a point but then can go and beat 2 chamoionship teams in the CC that is called effort, anyhow heres hoping for a much needed improvment at oldham.

Lack of effort?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/whitehaven-rl/latest/article/Stuart-Howarth-set-to-play-on-for-Whitehaven-despite-arm-fracture-ca2655f0-9bf7-4f47-9c1f-ff4911b00b74-ds

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 07 Aug 2018, 10:17:34 pm

Lack of effort?

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/whitehaven-rl/latest/article/Stuart-Howarth-set-to-play-on-for-Whitehaven-despite-arm-fracture-ca2655f0-9bf7-4f47-9c1f-ff4911b00b74-ds

Top effort stu wanting to play with a injury, not quite in the same category as what we are talking about, well lets drop all this and as many say WE MOVE ON
Up The Haven