HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Doncaster 19.8.18 - Match Reaction

Offline Brow Lad

• Haven Immortal
Reply #15 on: 19 Aug 2018, 10:56:28 PM
If Foz and Tony go they have done there best it will leave a significant sum of money spare. I would love to see Macca be in charge and try and get to starting 17 we’re they all live in the county shacks Burns Holliday and likes of Bradley we should Be competitive, maybe time to start speaking to amateurs again because there is some talented lads out there Curtis Teare ect

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• Top Try Scorer
  • lets create more memories
Reply #16 on: 19 Aug 2018, 11:40:32 PM
It's a disgrace anybody questions fozzy or Stewart's commitment. You should be ashamed of yourself. Embarrassing posts.

Offline Knfpnrad1

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 20 Aug 2018, 12:04:19 AM
Like Carl says 17-19 of these lads have played their hearts out for the club, time is up there bodies are knackered they’ve never had a break each and every other player and coach deserve  some credit to Whitehaven they have worn their hearts on their sleeves 👍👍x
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2018, 12:07:09 AM by Knfpnrad1 »

Offline havenselite

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 20 Aug 2018, 12:20:28 AM
Cant knock anything foz and co have done for haven. I got told at oldham last week that foz and tony are off to rochdale. Few players mentioned to be going with them. But hey i will thank them for everything they have done for us. Without them i think we would be dead and buried.
Up The Haven

Offline Booga20

• First Team Regular
Reply #19 on: 20 Aug 2018, 03:05:41 AM
Can’t fault the lads but for the first time this year our coach got it all wrong, very disappointing
last few weeks he’s got it wrong alarm bells to me

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2018, 08:21:02 AM
gutted with yesterdays performance but with other results we still have hope.
born and bred haven.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Haven Immortal
Reply #21 on: 20 Aug 2018, 08:41:21 AM
gutted with yesterdays performance but with other results we still have hope.

I agree. Were only 2pts off a play off place. We have Hemel and Coventry left so surely that's 4pts in the bag. Hunslet at home is a must win as there just above us. Cant see us getting anything at York unless they have won the league by then and rest a few.

Also gutted for Chris Taylor. Hope the lad is ok  Could hardly walk
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2018, 08:44:54 AM by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline Brow Lad

• Haven Immortal
Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2018, 09:17:57 AM
Don’t think anyone knocking commitment of Foz and tony but being on 45k between them and the rumoured 30k General Manager was on people need to get real regarding next year. We will have to have a virtually local squad which may lose more than they win. It’s time to start again, if I was Foz I would rather be closer to home and get the same money than doing the traveling he does with a young un. I’m not bothered if we get in playoffs or not long as there’s a club next year. More worrying is the fact that Newcastle thunder are approaching our young players in the county and taking our future players away. We have got to get back to a local team and give these young lads a chance. My example is Troy Armstrong we should get him signed back up as he is outstanding as has been Curtis Teare,Karl Dixon and Tom Horner to name a few.

Offline gmc66

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 20 Aug 2018, 10:37:10 AM
anyone get the attendance yesterday? doncaster brought a few and the music fest seemed to of got the numbers up

Offline haven god

• Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 20 Aug 2018, 10:57:43 AM
Haven Till I Die

Offline Haven83

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 20 Aug 2018, 10:59:51 AM
Think there was 850 ish there yesterday. Good turn out just a shame sbout the result.
You wouldnt blame the coaches and some of the players leaving after this season. But until last 2 weeks we have been doing really well given the circumstances, but yesterday was one of the worst performances ive seen in a number of years especially the attack. But we have to move on and the week rest will hopefully help us out.

Offline sandwithyan

• First Team Backup
Reply #26 on: 20 Aug 2018, 11:57:12 AM
which players?

Offline haven god

• Fans Favourite
Reply #27 on: 20 Aug 2018, 12:13:51 PM
Probably Thompson Taylor Howarth Gillam Abram
Haven Till I Die

Offline Brow Lad

• Haven Immortal
Reply #28 on: 20 Aug 2018, 12:33:31 PM
Tilley & Green

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #29 on: 20 Aug 2018, 01:24:36 PM
Don’t think anyone knocking commitment of Foz and tony but being on 45k between them and the rumoured 30k General Manager was on people need to get real regarding next year. We will have to have a virtually local squad which may lose more than they win. It’s time to start again, if I was Foz I would rather be closer to home and get the same money than doing the traveling he does with a young un. I’m not bothered if we get in playoffs or not long as there’s a club next year. More worrying is the fact that Newcastle thunder are approaching our young players in the county and taking our future players away. We have got to get back to a local team and give these young lads a chance. My example is Troy Armstrong we should get him signed back up as he is outstanding as has been Curtis Teare,Karl Dixon and Tom Horner to name a few.

How can you call them our lads, neither Town or Haven have done anything to help the development of the local youngsters, both clubs have been given the opportunity but haven't taken the offer up, I personally support Newcastle Thunder in what they are doing, the kids knead some further development.