HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Doncaster 19.8.18 - Match Reaction

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 20 Aug 2018, 03:55:50 pm

Green, Taylor, Thompson, Tilley, Gillam, Abram and Howarth all off. Phillips back Town with them also circling around Burns and Holliday.

The lass who runs thing behind the scenes is offski and so are Forster and co.

Regardless of what anyone says they are going to be effected mentally if they know they are going.

Who is getting the squad sorted for next season? Will we struggle to field a team?

As for the amateur players mentioned they all want crazy signing on fees to even entertain Haven. Some are also on Towns radar who are willing to splash the cash they dug up on the car park when the world cup came to Derwent Park.

Bad times.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 20 Aug 2018, 04:58:05 pm
Abram and Howarth all off. Phillips back Town with them also circling around Burns and Holliday. :D

where has this come from????  if we lose coach why do we assume its a given everyone wants to leave??? cerrtainly some of them lads love it up here so just "IF" Coach leaves why do we expect half the team wants to go..
Who really knows whats fozzy doing, rochdale probably come down anyway and hes always been well looked after and thought of at the recre.....

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 20 Aug 2018, 07:01:17 pm

As for the amateur players mentioned they all want crazy signing on fees to even entertain Haven. Some are also on Towns radar who are willing to splash the cash they dug up on the car park when the world cup came to Derwent Park.

Bad times.
[/quote]

Not the old it's the greedy Amateures fault the club can't attract locals.

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 20 Aug 2018, 07:20:15 pm
Back to the match,

All 4 of Doncaster.s tries had elements of luck and a lack or organization/core skills on our part.

First try, we are pressing and Abrams kick is pot on the ground but presents their advancing centre with a clear run to line, a foot either side or lower and we had a potential score.

Second try, lack of basic numbering, Doncaster put 4 on short side to our 3, simple overlap

Third try Thompson fails to kick ball dead/touch after hooter, had this been done turn round all square

Second half, we defend 4 back to back sets with 3 goal line drop outs, that shows heart and effort

Last try someone (roper?) guilty of mis read and gives a clear run in.

That said we did not offer much in attack, Scott McEvoy's try was an individual effort and Mossop's came on the back of an off the cuff cross field run by Parker.

Remain convinced that with fewer players going down with pulls and knocks we were in the match

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 20 Aug 2018, 09:28:40 pm
fair dos on them lads but id be suprised if phillips would be resigned by town from what ive heard

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 21 Aug 2018, 10:01:12 pm
Taylor and Thompson haven’t decided whAt they are doing yet so whoever has told you they are off are mistake

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 22 Aug 2018, 11:06:59 am
fair dos on them lads but id be suprised if phillips would be resigned by town from what ive heard

It will depend on the £££££££££££££££

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #37 on: 22 Aug 2018, 12:12:16 pm

It will depend on the £££££££££££££££

I think he means Town don't want Phillips back at any price, rumour has it that he well and truly burned his bridges there.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 22 Aug 2018, 12:48:32 pm
thats what I heard marra. I've also heard he does a bit of baiting of Town coaches and BOD on social media as well

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #39 on: 22 Aug 2018, 03:23:47 pm
Well I would like to keep him

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
Reply #40 on: 22 Aug 2018, 05:10:07 pm

Rochdale?
Grady linked with Rochdale job

Former North Wales Crusaders boss Mike Grady is in line to take over the reins as Rochdale Hornets head coach, Love Rugby League understands.

Grady left Welsh outfit Crusaders in March after they lost their first three games of the League 1 season. It is understood that the Hornets have been in talks with Grady.

Offline brianb

• First Team Backup
Reply #41 on: 22 Aug 2018, 05:13:34 pm
and a few more no doubt. there are quite a few coaches out there looking for work. :nod:

Online Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #42 on: 25 Aug 2018, 08:50:15 am
Don’t think anyone knocking commitment of Foz and tony but being on 45k between them and the rumoured 30k General Manager was on people need to get real regarding next year. We will have to have a virtually local squad which may lose more than they win. It’s time to start again, if I was Foz I would rather be closer to home and get the same money than doing the traveling he does with a young un. I’m not bothered if we get in playoffs or not long as there’s a club next year. More worrying is the fact that Newcastle thunder are approaching our young players in the county and taking our future players away. We have got to get back to a local team and give these young lads a chance. My example is Troy Armstrong we should get him signed back up as he is outstanding as has been Curtis Teare,Karl Dixon and Tom Horner to name a few.

How can you call them our lads, neither Town or Haven have done anything to help the development of the local youngsters, both clubs have been given the opportunity but haven't taken the offer up, I personally support Newcastle Thunder in what they are doing, the kids knead some further development.

Happy for the lads and good luck, but seriously, why the f*!k can't they do that in Cumbria with Town or Haven, hotbed of rugby 🤔 I don't think so 🙈 fair play to Thunder...but with all respect, 16 year Cumbrians shouldn't be going to Newcastle Thunder to further their careers, tweeted by Jonty Gorley

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #43 on: 25 Aug 2018, 09:15:23 am
Don’t think anyone knocking commitment of Foz and tony but being on 45k between them and the rumoured 30k General Manager was on people need to get real regarding next year. We will have to have a virtually local squad which may lose more than they win. It’s time to start again, if I was Foz I would rather be closer to home and get the same money than doing the traveling he does with a young un. I’m not bothered if we get in playoffs or not long as there’s a club next year. More worrying is the fact that Newcastle thunder are approaching our young players in the county and taking our future players away. We have got to get back to a local team and give these young lads a chance. My example is Troy Armstrong we should get him signed back up as he is outstanding as has been Curtis Teare,Karl Dixon and Tom Horner to name a few.

How can you call them our lads, neither Town or Haven have done anything to help the development of the local youngsters, both clubs have been given the opportunity but haven't taken the offer up, I personally support Newcastle Thunder in what they are doing, the kids knead some further development.

Happy for the lads and good luck, but seriously, why the f*!k can't they do that in Cumbria with Town or Haven, hotbed of rugby 🤔 I don't think so 🙈 fair play to Thunder...but with all respect, 16 year Cumbrians shouldn't be going to Newcastle Thunder to further their careers, tweeted by Jonty Gorley

I have seen, liked and retweeted that from Jonty as I believe he is 100% correct. This is why the club is going down the route we are, unfortunately we don’t have the financial backing of Newcastle Falcons to enable the signing of players like Liam Finn while running a full time academy setup
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #44 on: 25 Aug 2018, 10:10:00 am
are you on the board now marra?