HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Can we afford to keep them

Offline one in all in

• Academy Star
on: 28 Aug 2018, 02:00:16 pm
Do you think it's possible to keep our main players the likes of dion and jjp who are on good money. Shacks who's on a long contract Philips another on good wages

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2018, 03:28:44 pm
Surely if we can get some sponsorship in why not
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2018, 05:27:31 pm
Do you think it's possible to keep our main players the likes of dion and jjp who are on good money. Shacks who's on a long contract Philips another on good wages
says all contracts will be honoured although was out at weekend and someone told me dion coukd be town bound which would surely get a transfer fee being under contract

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2018, 07:34:59 pm
says all contracts will be honoured although was out at weekend and someone told me dion coukd be town bound which would surely get a transfer fee being under contract

Not if we release him and make him a free agent.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2018, 07:37:20 pm
woukd be daft releasing your best player when you could get a fee while under conteact

Not if we release him and make him a free agent.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2018, 07:55:50 pm
It would be a massive saving for the club releasing him, but will he want that.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2018, 08:03:56 pm
Tbh, we shouldn't be paying what we are for a second row.

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 28 Aug 2018, 08:12:23 pm
It would be a massive saving for the club releasing him, but will he want that.

Have we had our moneys worth out of Dion??

HW

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 28 Aug 2018, 08:43:47 pm
Wherever dion and Jessie go too there is always going to be work permit and visa issues and they come at a cost, surly town cannot afford that on top of what they already have.

Next season is all about the locals and won't be about the fellas putting the teams off against each other for there signature as there won't be the money there to do it, it will be about loyalty IMO.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 29 Aug 2018, 08:46:22 am
I would say this year Dion has been very inconsistent and Jessie looks like he is carrying weight and is passed his best in comparison to the last few years.  I think Jessies commitment to the club is all to see. Playing Dion in second row isn't showing his best attributes in my opinion he is a ball playing 13. Might be better off with Phillips and Howarth in the halfs next year if they stay, Howarth's kicking and ability to guide the team and Phillips with ball in hand would be dangerous.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 29 Aug 2018, 02:56:40 pm
Wherever dion and Jessie go too there is always going to be work permit and visa issues and they come at a cost, surly town cannot afford that on top of what they already have.

Next season is all about the locals and won't be about the fellas putting the teams off against each other for there signature as there won't be the money there to do it, it will be about loyalty IMO.
Both players have now a 2 year visa permit, it was put in place so no other problems would occur next season my Amanda if I'm not mistaken.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 29 Aug 2018, 03:12:07 pm
Didn’t the fans pay for there flights this year? Dion should be kept at all costs and put back at 6

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 29 Aug 2018, 04:03:23 pm
Dion needs to finish at 6 and Callum back to hooker.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 31 Aug 2018, 12:31:06 pm

Dion to Town on a free after all the money we've wasted getting him here and the work permit.

Utter **** take yet again.

Offline jammy dodger

• Top Try Scorer
  • Readers are Leaders
Reply #14 on: 31 Aug 2018, 12:56:05 pm

Dion to Town on a free after all the money we've wasted getting him here and the work permit.

Utter **** take yet again.

Didn't realise this was the joke thread
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."