HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

copeland council

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 04 Oct 2006, 05:00:07 pm
don't know if any one esle got one of these but a survey questionaire has just come through my letterbox, its about the services the council provides to us...theres a section on sports and amenities and a a section at the back for any other comments

i suggest  everyone who gets one of these comments on our councils lack of funding towards the new stand and lack of support to the only proffessional sports club in our area...have your say and let them know its us who elected them and we demand their support for something  that is so important to Whitehaven RLFC and the town as a whole.

after all  the council big wigs are happy to be part of the free sponors packages at big matches (cas last year , widnes this year) pitty they were not so forth coming with funding, there happy to throw money at the great white elephant sitting on harbour
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 04 Oct 2006, 06:21:54 pm
I  agree  BKM  and  when  I  get  one  I  will  put  down  my  feelings  but  it  wouldn't  surprise  me  if  they  get  read  from  some  silly  jumped  up  beauracrat  with  no  interest  in  sport  probably  because  he  comes  from  away  and  they  all  end  up  in  the  recycle  bin. :(

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2006, 07:02:51 pm
well they are sent out via a marketing company, so theres about 30K down the drain straight away
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #3 on: 05 Oct 2006, 07:32:49 am
Its about time us fans stood up to our so called council!!! I'm really suprised that Jamie Reed has not got involved more!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline haven4eva

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 05 Oct 2006, 10:07:19 pm
Mr Reed should get involved he says he is a HAVEN fan so lets see if he can help us out.
We're the pride of Cumbria!!

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 05 Oct 2006, 11:31:17 pm
By all means make your feelings known on these questionnaires from the council but Copeland BC are just one spoke in a large wheel on this issue.    A memorandum of understanding was signed by the British Nuclear Group; Copeland BC; West Lakes Renaissance and Haven and at the time it was said that "all parties realised that the hard work has only just started but with everyone pulling in the same direction the chance of a successful project (stadium development) are greatly improved".

The memorandum of understanding merely sets out the roles and responsibilities of each organisation in relation to the the others over an issue that they organisations work in conjunction with the others.

BNG donated ?500,000 to set the ball rolling to seek funding from other funding agencies, presumably from organisations such as the North West Development Agency, etc., so it may not be the council that are dragging their feet and maybe someone from these organisations should update you, the fans, as to what the current position is.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2006, 11:37:44 pm
keith we already know all that we don't needed it quoted at us ... the point im making is the the council are not putting any money into the new stand somthing that will benefit the town as a whole but continues to throw money at the beacon which has been a failure from day one and people should show the strength of feeling about this issue
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2006, 02:27:09 pm
keith we already know all that we don't needed it quoted at us ... the point im making is the the council are not putting any money into the new stand somthing that will benefit the town as a whole but continues to throw money at the beacon which has been a failure from day one and people should show the strength of feeling about this issue

The council may not be putting any money into the new stand because they want a new stadium and who is it that is going to pay to compulsorily purchase the land for moving all the different sports pitches, greens, new road, etc  -  the council.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2006, 12:25:44 pm
yer maybe true but wait till if theres any parkn charges for the new complex,s wonder where the fee,s will go!!! council lol
one thing about the council  they,l make there money back 10 fold !!!

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2006, 05:44:44 pm
exactly. that beacon gets all this millions and we get sweet FA and once you've been round the spot no1 ever goes back lol.cz its so borin. a bit of that cash would be gr8 to put towards our new stand

Offline Haven Crazy

• First Team Backup
  • Is tho in yan? Is tho in yan? oohoo
Reply #10 on: 11 Oct 2006, 07:46:07 pm
did anyone write to the Haven News!!
Can't stand Jam, eh!

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2006, 12:11:39 pm
did anyone write to the Haven News!!
THATS A GOOD POINT YA HAVE THERE. ALL US FANS SHOULD WRITE IN

Offline Haven Crazy