HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Todays game

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 08 Jul 2007, 06:50:03 pm
Not  bad  but  need  to  improve  for  next  week.

Bombed  loads  of  chances  +  quite  a  few  dissallowed.  Score  should  have  been  60+.

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2007, 06:54:57 pm
was played in a way that looked like the players all had next week in the back of therir minds i fort. got the point that was all that mattered today

Offline tattie

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2007, 07:09:42 pm

MUST IMPROVE FOR NEXT WEEK.  BUT REF DID'NT HELP HE WAS USELESS

THAT'S BEING NICE TO HIM  :o
ALWAYS  HAVEN

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 08 Jul 2007, 07:45:15 pm
Didn't think we played to well, play like that next week and we are hammerd!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2007, 08:00:57 am
thought in small, very small patches we looked half decent, most of the time we were poor and lucky to be playing sheffield.

having said that, i think the game we needed yesterday was cattleprod at home to fire the lads up and get some atmosphere going!!

the signs from this seasons performances so far suggest a very hard day for the lads next week, who will have to raise their game 100% to compete.

i suppose its the old cliche of "anything can happen in a final, its a one off game"

heres hoping!

« Last Edit: 09 Jul 2007, 12:12:48 pm by puppetmaster »
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 09 Jul 2007, 09:36:42 am
thought is small, very small patches we looked half decent.

I  think  that  sums  our  season  up  so  far.  When  we  can  play  were  as  good  as  anyone  in  NL1  including  Widnes  and  Cas.  Problem  is  we  only  play  like  that  now  and  again

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 09 Jul 2007, 10:02:45 am
we've not played a full game 100% its allways been bad first 15-20mins

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 09 Jul 2007, 12:07:59 pm
I  think  if  we  can  reproduce  something  like  the  2nd  half  against  Fax  then  there's  still  a  chance  of  achieving  something  this  season.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 09 Jul 2007, 05:24:25 pm
Good defence wins matches. Simple as that. Haven has been leaking in too many points.

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #9 on: 09 Jul 2007, 05:55:54 pm
agree with puppetmaster looked good at times.played the rest of the game in 2nd gear.

hopefully the calm before the storm both on and off the pitch.there was no atmosphere at all yesterday.

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 10 Jul 2007, 09:57:01 am
I have played and watched rugby all my life and reckon I can judge the sport pretty well. Friday nights super league between Saints and Leeds was one of the best, most intense games I have seen for a long time. In contrast Sundays performance of Haven/Sheffield was like a bottom of League 2  table tussle. (Admittedly we are comparing full timers against part timers) and when I listen to the summary by John Cox and Dave Rotheram on radio Cumbria, they have obviously watched a different game to myself and all those dissatisfied fans that stand around me. ( don't get carried away by the score, they weren't playing anybody)The game was strewn with errors, we lacked a leader/playmaker we are continuing to play one man rugby where no one supports the player making a half break. We are so naive in the tackle, how many times do we see 3 haven players smothering an opponent in the tackle then easing up before the tackle has been called "held" only to see the ball being slipped, our sliding defence was found wanting but Sheffield weren't good enough to take advantage of it. On the way to Sundays match I was hoping to get some confidence that the first half of the season had all been a bad dream and we could compete with Widnes next weekend, but I am afraid there was nothing in that performance that showed any evidence of proffessionally coached rugby, they played as if they were strangers and nothing seemed rehearsed.
Call me mister doom and gloom but take a box of Kleenex to Blackpool ( I will be ) cos at this rate it will all end in tears. Finally Karl Sice was supposedly dropped for lack of form, that being the case why are Seeds or McAvoy not playing centre instead of the consistently unreliable Jackson. He leaks so many tries and bombs attacking opportunities by either knocking on or delaying passing till the gap has gone.
I'm sorry but as a team I think Dave Rotheram has succeeded in taking us back 5 years

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 10 Jul 2007, 04:25:46 pm
Well said marra. I suppose you will all have to call me Mr doom and gloom also, because that was a poor looking Haven outfit on Sunday and I agree that Rotheram is not the coach to take us any further. I have countless conversations at work with people who all say the same thing - i.e. we have gone backwards since he took over. People are staying away because frankly the rugby is not very good to watch. I admire all you optimists out there, but I dread to think what will happen against Widnes if we put in a performance akin to recent ones! We are third best in this league and AND will remain third best until we stop playing one man rugby, we wise up and start playing with a bit of flair.

Till next time.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 10 Jul 2007, 04:47:47 pm
agree with you mostly beachbum, however macca cant get picked before jackson currently as he is still out injured< tho on current form he couldnt be any worse!!> 

i said the day it was announced that this guy wasnt the man for us as a coach, and i'm sorry i have seen or heard nothing from him to suggest otherwise, yes he's got us to the final, but against some of the teams we have been drawn against it wasnt too difficult was it?!?

i have posted in other topics about our chances against widnes, and based on this season we dont seem  to have much of a chance, heres hoping the lads decide its time to play for the fans instead of themselves and put in a display to be proud of, if we lose it doesnt matter as long as they have given it their best shot!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:40:17 pm
that sums up whitehaven at the mo i hope for next season we get our act together and we can push for the SL when it does matter.

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 11 Jul 2007, 07:48:57 pm
Have to agree with the sentiments here. Dave Rotherham is an ok sort of guy, but unfortunately he doesn't have what it takes to take us that step further. Although he was out of work assistant coach when appointed after Saints had dispensed of his services, and no experience as a head coach, he must have been the pick of the bunch of the coaches who applied for the job. If the club are quite happy to plod along, finishing third or fourth each year and getting to the odd final, then Dave Rotherham will probably do the job. However, if the board have any sort of ambitions to move on from here and reignite the passion into the club, then they should be looking hard now for Dave Rotherham's replacement for next season, and pulling out all the stops to get the right man for the job.