HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sad situation

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:20:35 pm

Personally I am feling slightly down about the current situation.  On the one hand the club is about to play in front of 8000 fans in its first cup fimal on the the other we have never had so much speculation and rumours about morale and team spirit , players atitude etc.

Two of our "geniune legends"  previously unquestionable loyalty has/ is being called into question.  What Seeds and Lester have done of rthis club could not be written in a manner that would do the justice that those player deserve.  Maybe this is jsut the natural passing of the guard "in a gold fish bowl".  We certainly shouldn't  dis credit either of these two blokes with rumours and rubish beacuse quite frankly we would not be off to Blackpool without their contribution over the last ten years.

Equally WE ALL must get behind the seventtenn playesr chosed and given them 100% support between now and 4:30 sunday. The player chosed do not make the decisons and deserve our unqualiifed support.

I commend Dave Rotherham becasue he has been presented with a problem no othe previosu coach i.e Culla , Mcoromack has had to deal with...A changing of the guard".  Cullen wa delighted and lucky to have  a yong and fit lester to cary out his game plans.  Mcormack had a lester and Seeds on tp of their gane to lead the team to 2 grand finals

Dr has young talent like Elibeck (who could be very good) and Mattinson and Sice) to keep happy / develop and is facing totally different pressures...   Yet we are off to Blacpool........so get behind the team..gve the coach somne support and shout the players to victory.

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:25:15 pm
I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!

But the fact is where are these rumours coming from that are making loyal fans like ourselves question the integrity and intentions of players that we have admired for years. Who is feeding this rumour mill and why?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:30:07 pm

Personally I am feling slightly down about the current situation.  On the one hand the club is about to play in front of 8000 fans in its first cup fimal on the the other we have never had so much speculation and rumours about morale and team spirit , players atitude etc.

Two of our "geniune legends"  previously unquestionable loyalty has/ is being called into question.  What Seeds and Lester have done of rthis club could not be written in a manner that would do the justice that those player deserve.  Maybe this is jsut the natural passing of the guard "in a gold fish bowl".  We certainly shouldn't  dis credit either of these two blokes with rumours and rubish beacuse quite frankly we would not be off to Blackpool without their contribution over the last ten years.

Equally WE ALL must get behind the seventtenn playesr chosed and given them 100% support between now and 4:30 sunday. The player chosed do not make the decisons and deserve our unqualiifed support.

I commend Dave Rotherham becasue he has been presented with a problem no othe previosu coach i.e Culla , Mcoromack has had to deal with...A changing of the guard".  Cullen wa delighted and lucky to have  a yong and fit lester to cary out his game plans.  Mcormack had a lester and Seeds on tp of their gane to lead the team to 2 grand finals

Dr has young talent like Elibeck (who could be very good) and Mattinson and Sice) to keep happy / develop and is facing totally different pressures...   Yet we are off to Blacpool........so get behind the team..gve the coach somne support and shout the players to victory.

mate, i don't want to appear a tad pedantic but jesus!!! before you post in future can you please use spellchecker and read what you have written!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2007, 10:46:34 pm
Now now Yeti,

Its bad manners to point out spelling mistakes.

Monte

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 14 Jul 2007, 12:05:59 am
Monte.

My apologies if i have offended your sensibiliities.  The point of the post was the message not the spelling.

Offline DELL

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 14 Jul 2007, 11:58:50 pm
I'll tell you how sad the situation is, I've followed Haven for decades and stood on the popularside when we have struggled to get crowds of 700 and stood on the terraces at places such as Victory Park when we've taken a hiding from Chorley, and now I find myself in the situation were I can't even bring myself to go to Blackpool for our first final.
I feel so frustrated, mad and ashamed at the treatment of our players, especially of Aaron Lester and David Seeds, not the fact they have been left out of the team as that's the coach's decision and he'll "sink or swim" by those decisions, but the manner is absolutely disgraceful, were is the man management skills.
Also what the hell are the board doing allowing Aaron Lester to just disappear without the"Fanfare" he truely deserves and would have received if there wasn't so much unrest in the camp.
I'll give you all a quote from Ian Botham aimed at the England Cricket Selectors earlier this year, "you can't fool the supporters",
and to the Whitehaven Board, "you'd better believe it".
I for one won't be back to watch the first team until I'm satisfied the club are back on track as a community club led by people I feel I can respect and trust, and believe me there are a lot of genuine supporters who stood with me in the "suffering days of the 700" who feel the same way.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2007, 06:30:07 am
I'll tell you how sad the situation is, I've followed Haven for decades and stood on the popularside when we have struggled to get crowds of 700 and stood on the terraces at places such as Victory Park when we've taken a hiding from Chorley, and now I find myself in the situation were I can't even bring myself to go to Blackpool for our first final.
I feel so frustrated, mad and ashamed at the treatment of our players, especially of Aaron Lester and David Seeds, not the fact they have been left out of the team as that's the coach's decision and he'll "sink or swim" by those decisions, but the manner is absolutely disgraceful, were is the man management skills.
Also what the hell are the board doing allowing Aaron Lester to just disappear without the"Fanfare" he truely deserves and would have received if there wasn't so much unrest in the camp.
I'll give you all a quote from Ian Botham aimed at the England Cricket Selectors earlier this year, "you can't fool the supporters",
and to the Whitehaven Board, "you'd better believe it".
I for one won't be back to watch the first team until I'm satisfied the club are back on track as a community club led by people I feel I can respect and trust, and believe me there are a lot of genuine supporters who stood with me in the "suffering days of the 700" who feel the same way.

i will wait until after blackpool to post my reply??????
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2007, 04:36:27 pm
Think today said it  all realy , you can blame one player for a try mistake but not them all, one word... crap