HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

team for NRC Final

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 10 Jul 2007, 10:46:52 pm
hahaaha. cup final and u want a player hu has never played 6 for the club to be put in for this game. not only would it be a disaster for our team but think of the effect of droppin someone for the final for an inexperianced player that would be way out his depth being throwen in at the deep end in a final against widnes!! he hasnt even played 6 for the acadamy !!

popularsider

Reply #31 on: 10 Jul 2007, 11:06:33 pm
would steve mack know about him no steve wouldnt no how to judge craig would he no he wouldnt.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #32 on: 10 Jul 2007, 11:13:40 pm
craig is good enough for my team as hes just as good if not beta than some players in the first team he deservs a chance to shine hes also got defensive skills me way very well need and speed

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #33 on: 10 Jul 2007, 11:18:23 pm
ino he a good player and i would like to see him get another 1st team chance but widnes in the final is a gamble and a half that im not sure any coaches would be willing to take. looks like the club want him as a center tho thats where he been playin for u21s even wen bamber was out

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 11 Jul 2007, 09:31:17 am
ino he a good player and i would like to see him get another 1st team chance but widnes in the final is a gamble and a half that im not sure any coaches would be willing to take. looks like the club want him as a center tho thats where he been playin for u21s even wen bamber was out

the thing is. alot of coaches WOULD take a chance and throw a player like craig in, as an element of surprise it could put a shot in the oppositions gameplans, however does anyone really think rotherham is capable of doing this? coz i dont!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #35 on: 11 Jul 2007, 09:35:25 am
assuming no injuries and a clean bill of health from all concerned................

1 broadbent
 2 calvert
 3 seeds
 4 rudd
 5 maden
 6 joe
 7 duffy
 8 trindall
 9 smith
10 fatialofa
11 miller
12 fletcher
13 mattinson

14 sice
15 jackson r
16 macavoy c
17 jackson m

So you think we should go in against Widnes with only 1 prop on the bench, nearly every RL team plays 4 props these days, and if we dont next week, we will be steamrollered by the Widnes Pack!!

TW

Agree, if you go with no props on bench... you have no chance against widnes..........you need 2 good impact forwards on bench

marc jackson is a prop, LJ, however we dont have anyone else who can prop who could be of any use in the final, flapper would be like a man down as he tends to hide against the bigger teams,

being able to  push fletch or spencer up to prop is how we can counteract not having 2 props on the starting bench,

i think the inclusion of craig macca would be a stunner for mccormack to contend with, he knows very little of the lad and may not pick his moves up easily
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #36 on: 11 Jul 2007, 12:41:36 pm
am i the only one hu thinks throwing craig macca in for the final would be a massive risk. as u say puppetmaster it wont happen anyway with DR but im with him on this. is gna be hard enough to tell 1 player that they aint in the team never mind another and then to explain to him that why someone with no experiance that hasnt helped us to this final is in the team instead of him

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:15:47 pm
I can only assume you blokes are on awind up.  The chnaces of C M playing on sunday barring injuries to two or three players are nil.

(1) he is (at the moment) not as good as any of the backs we currently have playing

(2) He has absoloutley no experience at this level and would quite probbaly struggle to keep up at best he would get by.

(3) I doubt he would even want to play givent he lack of experience

(4)  There would be a real risk his confidence would be shattered wasting the potential he has to develop ijnto a first team player.

He may well turn out to be a good palyer int he future but he neds time to develop hsi physical abilitis and gain the confidence to play at this level.  There is a huge difference between amamuture under 21 than palying widnes in a telivised cup final.  The intensity and speed will be only a fraction short of lower end SL on Sunday and some of our experienced palyer let alone Craig are going to have to be at their best to cope with that.

The big choice for me is who plays between Teare / Sice/ Seeds R jackson and Elibeck.

Personallly i think Teare is the one who should go, but fot he fact we need four Props to face Wdnes.  This just gets  Teare in ...but christ I hope he puts in a horse of a game.  Thus said  I really think we needs Seeeds and Jacko experience int he centres  Thats very hard on Derry who has done well this yer and improved a hell of a lot.

That means it comes down to a choice between Sice and Derry for the bench spot in my mind..I would probably go with Sice.

Alternative is Seeds and THE centre and R jacko on the bench as a backrow sub with Sice missing out.

My team

GB, Cal, Seeds , Jacko, Maiden, Rudd , Duff, Fats , Smith, Trindall, Fletch, Miller, Mattinson ,  Subs Teare Jacko Sice Joe.

• Haven Legend
Reply #38 on: 11 Jul 2007, 01:17:12 pm
craig macca has played 3 or 4 games for the first team he has yet to disopoint yes its a huge risk but one we could be willing to take

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 11 Jul 2007, 07:41:46 pm
I can only assume you blokes are on awind up.  The chnaces of C M playing on sunday barring injuries to two or three players are nil.

(1) he is (at the moment) not as good as any of the backs we currently have playing

(2) He has absoloutley no experience at this level and would quite probbaly struggle to keep up at best he would get by.

(3) I doubt he would even want to play givent he lack of experience

(4)  There would be a real risk his confidence would be shattered wasting the potential he has to develop ijnto a first team player.

He may well turn out to be a good palyer int he future but he neds time to develop hsi physical abilitis and gain the confidence to play at this level.  There is a huge difference between amamuture under 21 than palying widnes in a telivised cup final.  The intensity and speed will be only a fraction short of lower end SL on Sunday and some of our experienced palyer let alone Craig are going to have to be at their best to cope with that.

The big choice for me is who plays between Teare / Sice/ Seeds R jackson and Elibeck.

Personallly i think Teare is the one who should go, but fot he fact we need four Props to face Wdnes.  This just gets  Teare in ...but christ I hope he puts in a horse of a game.  Thus said  I really think we needs Seeeds and Jacko experience int he centres  Thats very hard on Derry who has done well this yer and improved a hell of a lot.

That means it comes down to a choice between Sice and Derry for the bench spot in my mind..I would probably go with Sice.

Alternative is Seeds and THE centre and R jacko on the bench as a backrow sub with Sice missing out.

My team

GB, Cal, Seeds , Jacko, Maiden, Rudd , Duff, Fats , Smith, Trindall, Fletch, Miller, Mattinson ,  Subs Teare Jacko Sice Joe.

thank you i knew i cudnt just be me hu thourght it was stupid playing craig macca. agree withthe majority of ur post apart from derry missin out. it think he a cert in the centers. for me it is seeds/r jacko or spence that will miss out. spence will b the one if DR choses r jacko as a 2nd row. i personally would leave r jacko out

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #40 on: 11 Jul 2007, 08:25:15 pm
craig macca has played 3 or 4 games for the first team he has yet to disopoint yes its a huge risk but one we could be willing to take

He has played one first team game since signing and is probably not on the Cup Register

BTW Eilbeck is the 1st choice centre based on the season so far

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #41 on: 11 Jul 2007, 11:14:18 pm
Personally I think that we should start with Teare his dip in form started when he was dropped to the bench 1st game Fats was back, this was despite the fact the Fats hadn't played a game for 2/3 months ?  That was bound to knock his confidence no end, up until then we were all enthusing about the guy and the performances he was putting in. Don't care if its Bull or Fats on the bench but it would put up a little element of surprise for SM and on his day Scott is a match for any of the Wierdness props. I am not saying that he is better than any of our other props just that this may be the best way to get a big game out of him assuming that he will be in the 17 .....

As for playing Craig McAvoy aint gonna happen .........

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #42 on: 12 Jul 2007, 09:50:55 pm
Try comparing our team man for man with the Widnes team, and deciding who you would swap out.

On their day, I wouldn't swap anyone in the Whitehaven 17 for a Widnes player.  All we have to hope is that the boys are up for it and ALL perform to their best for the full 80 mins at Blackpool.

Get stuck into Widnes on Sunday boys, and as supporters, lets get behind the team with co-ordinated cheers and chants well before the game starts. Get out of the bars and into the stands early and give the boys a boost during the pre-match warm up!!

• Haven Legend
Reply #43 on: 12 Jul 2007, 09:56:35 pm
Try comparing our team man for man with the Widnes team, and deciding who you would swap out.

On their day, I wouldn't swap anyone in the Whitehaven 17 for a Widnes player.  All we have to hope is that the boys are up for it and ALL perform to their best for the full 80 mins at Blackpool.

Get stuck into Widnes on Sunday boys, and as supporters, lets get behind the team with co-ordinated cheers and chants well before the game starts. Get out of the bars and into the stands early and give the boys a boost during the pre-match warm up!!

agreed marra well il be down sat morning on the drink till the end of the night then up for the match but i can tell u i will be coming home with a sore throat il be singing my heart off for the boys so should everyone else

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #44 on: 13 Jul 2007, 09:00:04 am
Wel to compare

Grix GB - about evn Grix better in attack GB better defence if had to chose Grix

Calvert / Blanch - Blanch better all round winger

Elibeck TKL _ TKL I am afraid

Nannyn Jacko - Nanyn point machine

Maiden Gaskell - Maiden hands down

Rudd - Moran _ Moran more dangerous runner

Duffy Penny - Duffy beter all round game in attcack and defence

Trindall / Wilkes - I am afraid Wilkes youth and power.  Maybe 8 years ago Bull would have killed him but not now

A Smith / M Smith -  about even

Fats / Cassidy - I would take fats more effective than Cassidy

Doran / Miller - about even

Fletcher / Noone - Fletcher by a country mile although Noone is good defensively

Beswick / Joe - Beswick better all round game at L/F

Summers / Jacko - Summers under rated byt i would take jacko

Teare / Price - even

Mattinson / Webster  mattinson by a country mile

Sice / James- not comapring like with like but Sice more chance of making a difference than James   

7 to Widness

7 to Whitehaven

5 even

THeir backs have the potential to kill us.