HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Official 2019 Squad

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2018, 12:31:33 pm
Been two week and nothing coming from club regarding sponsorship, players ect need to keep the fans in loop or there just gonna lose interest.

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2018, 03:43:33 pm
Been two week and nothing coming from club regarding sponsorship, players ect need to keep the fans in loop or there just gonna lose interest.

Maybe there is no new players/sponsorship to announce

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #17 on: 25 Oct 2018, 10:53:18 am
Bit concerned about Tommy Todds bit in the Whitehaven News this week. We are still in special measures with the RL and no real sign of getting out of that week on week.

For the first time in a while we really do need get a decent sized squad together AND have a good and worthwhile pre-season involving them all...…...after last season I feel the club owes us that much. Not bothered if it's a 'local' player squad so long as we set the pre=season up properly and make it work for us and them.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 25 Oct 2018, 11:02:08 am
Bit concerned about Tommy Todds bit in the Whitehaven News this week. We are still in special measures with the RL and no real sign of getting out of that week on week.

For the first time in a while we really do need get a decent sized squad together AND have a good and worthwhile pre-season involving them all...…...after last season I feel the club owes us that much. Not bothered if it's a 'local' player squad so long as we set the pre=season up properly and make it work for us and them.

Makes you wonder how we have managed to re-sign so many players if we're still in special measures

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #19 on: 25 Oct 2018, 11:09:04 am

Makes you wonder how we have managed to re-sign so many players if we're still in special measures

If you read rugby league express our director says we are out of special measures and debt free
« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2018, 11:10:55 am by havenrugbyfan88 »

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 25 Oct 2018, 11:32:59 am
So Tommy saying we are still in special measures and director's saying we are out of special measures ????

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 25 Oct 2018, 11:37:37 am
Just read the league express bit it says we are debt free and hoping to come out of special measures so that means we are still in special measures . And 45k was raised out of the 60 needed last season and  sounds like new director Jason ball and an unnamed local businessman as stumped up some cash.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #22 on: 25 Oct 2018, 11:42:37 am

His piece says that they are just waiting on word back from the RFL. He is basically saying that he doesn't know when the RFL will let them know and it is a waiting game but he expects it to be soon. They seem to be relatively optimistic that they will be coming out of special measures reading what Tom says and also what Andrew Canavan says in the League Express. I am sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes in relation to next seasons squad.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 31 Oct 2018, 04:35:38 pm
Says in whitehaven news charlo is expecting to name 4 or 5 new players in the next week or 2 assume that means completely new players be nice to see callum phillips and ellis gillam re-signing for us soon .

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 31 Oct 2018, 06:36:17 pm
Reading in between the lines on twitter Gillam is going to Rochdale.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #25 on: 01 Nov 2018, 09:09:22 am
Ten signed apparently...…..need a squad of 26, can't for the life of me see where we are going to find 16 more decent additions before pre-season. Fearful it's going to be another season of struggle and make do and mend.

Not expecting miracles but would like to see us start with a comfortable sized, functional, workman like squad with potential to push on as the season progresses and set a platform into the next.

Ah, let me think....what does that mean ?  GOT IT !!!!   A plan to work to and that supporters can buy into and see...... a plan set up and followed from the start.

Just think what Foz could have achieved for us with such luxury.
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2018, 09:11:47 am by cbandg01 »

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 01 Nov 2018, 12:57:41 pm
just said on twitter announcement to be made 7am tommorow will it be new sponsors new player or out of special measures not being greedy but i would be happy with all 3

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 24 Nov 2018, 09:08:23 am
Really impressive that we have 16 out of 18 who live local already better than last year for training.

Offline Haven 84

• Academy Signing
Reply #28 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:10:30 pm
Is Dan Abraham signed on this season? Reading on FB he has 1 year left

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #29 on: 28 Nov 2018, 05:14:53 pm
Told me he signed a 2 years deal in may so he’s tied up with us thank god