HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gary Charlton - New Coach

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:18:55 pm
massive step backwards
both always been negative about us
We lose Carl and get Charlton  :shake:
as usual the inner circle will blindly follow and spin how great it is but they are yesterdays men unfortunately

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:23:58 pm
Come on give the guy a break no ones mentioned Jonty yet he is the key to the amateur lads and with Macca I think we should be looking forward instead of backwards.

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:24:48 pm
Some people on here are so sad and insecure I feel for them. 
« Last Edit: 02 Oct 2018, 07:25:28 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:26:14 pm
feel yourself whitey
I pays me money so I can comment all i like
Not insecure , just watching the club reverse

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #19 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:33:01 pm
It seems all the shout outs from here for Local Talent was just another thing to have a moan about
It’s not just our club that are in financial difficulties and it’s through all levels from amateur through to Super League.
I’ve heard Charlo commentate on many Haven matches over the last few years and yes he was critical if not damming at times but nows his chance and opportunity to get the team playing Rugby League hopefully with a majority of young Local players which between Jonty, Macca and himself should have enough knowledge and respect to recruit some good if not very good Local lads to play along hopefully a nucleus of our current old heads.
I’m sure he won’t want to fail for his own reputation so nows our time to pass comment and judge once he’s had time to get a team together and played a season under his coaching teams style
Right now the Club has to re-set at all levels and build steadily
Time will tell

Offline woodhousewarrior

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:34:16 pm
As a cumbrian rugby league fan here. It's a great appointment in the circumstances, with the money next year the way it will be, who better to attract local talent. Worked wonders at town and will bring some of the old force back too no doubt. Give the guy a chance. Loved a derby as a player with passion and will do the same as a coach in the derby in the haven stripes.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #21 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:36:42 pm
We have to back him he has the knowledge to get the best possible talent down the recre this year and they will know they will get game time and will not be shafted out for travellers it’s a great if not perfect chance for any local ameteurs to test their arm in the pro leagues

Offline havenrugbyfan88

• First Team Regular
  • lets create more memories
Reply #22 on: 02 Oct 2018, 07:57:55 pm
Not saying he won't do a decent enough job.

However, he has always been very negative about the club... perhaps he should address that in any statement he makes?

Really talked about how it's his home town club and couldn't say no on radio Cumbria

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #23 on: 02 Oct 2018, 08:04:23 pm
Charlo says what he thinks, so no backdoors, and in his view the negative comments were justified, good luck to them all,

Offline rockerlad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 02 Oct 2018, 08:11:53 pm
I remember standing the the kells end watching haven and fans giving Charlton all kinds of abuse for his "****e " brand of rugby at town...........I will derfinatley take in a few more haven games next season now
Workington AFC - The Pride Of Cumbria
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc/
Football Score Cast - PM Me For Details

Offline groundhog

• Academy Signing
Reply #25 on: 02 Oct 2018, 08:20:04 pm
 Charlo was negative on the way we played but so where a few of us.the negativity by some post on here  is unbelievable,but then again one shouldn't be surprised.what ever the board do will always be wrong .i

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #26 on: 02 Oct 2018, 09:25:08 pm
Charlo in his 5 years at town built a team of mainly locals while we in that time had travelling coaches with a lot of travelling players and probably spent more money yet he probsbly had a 80% win rate against us . A lot of people need to give the lad and his back up team a chance to deliver.

Online haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #27 on: 02 Oct 2018, 09:31:29 pm
Charlo in his 5 years at town built a team of mainly locals while we in that time had travelling coaches with a lot of travelling players and probably spent more money yet he probsbly had a 80% win rate against us . A lot of people need to give the lad and his back up team a chance to deliver.

His team beat us 7 on the trot
born and bred haven.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 02 Oct 2018, 10:45:21 pm
So what was the other bit of news that was rumoured for tonight
Up The Haven

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #29 on: 02 Oct 2018, 11:27:27 pm
So what was the other bit of news that was rumoured for tonight