HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Gary Charlton - New Coach

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #30 on: 03 Oct 2018, 11:01:33 am
Some will look at this a the cheap option but when your strapped for cash not much you can do.

Gary does come with a wealth of experience and if he can entice some of the best locals around to sign that will do me.

Best of luck to him and his coaching staff. Here's hoping for good 2019

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #31 on: 03 Oct 2018, 11:32:23 am
Not my first choice as coach but give him a chance let’s see what he brings, the big thing for me is Jonty Gotley being on board is he is one of the most respected men in local rugby and can deal with lads from the high side whilst Macca will deal With Copeland based lads
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 03 Oct 2018, 11:40:11 am
No disrespect to Macca, but Jonty has what is kneaded when approaching local amateur players, the respect he has from the local clubs is immense,

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #33 on: 03 Oct 2018, 12:03:54 pm
Have we got jake Bradley signed back on he’s doing good things at the min and a great talent

Offline brianw

• Academy Signing
Reply #34 on: 03 Oct 2018, 03:34:59 pm
we chased all the good locals two seasons ago for travellers . they are  now at town

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #35 on: 03 Oct 2018, 03:36:43 pm
we chased all the good locals two seasons ago for travellers . they are  now at town
who are they can only think of Jake Moore and Kurt Maudling

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #36 on: 03 Oct 2018, 03:49:17 pm

We didnt chase them, they walked away.

HW

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #37 on: 03 Oct 2018, 03:52:24 pm

good locals  :D :D :D :D :D the best local at town is jamie doran.
born and bred haven.

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #38 on: 03 Oct 2018, 04:28:59 pm

Add gordon maudling marra
Up The Haven

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #39 on: 03 Oct 2018, 04:34:59 pm

and we never chased gordon or jamie from what i was told gordon preffered town at the time he signed and jamie sadly just signed a crazy contract at town

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #40 on: 03 Oct 2018, 04:40:13 pm
2 seasons ago we stated we would not go DR and build a local squad ,signed the likes of Troy Armstrong  and about 3 or 4 others .Most if not all left without playing a game for haven ,after a last minute decision to go DR ,Armstrong left after the Toronto game where we played a DR hooker from Leigh for 1 game never to be seen again
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 03 Oct 2018, 04:55:12 pm
I get all the shouts for "a team full of locals" but for me I'd rather it was a team full of the best available players to do a job for haven within the budget, irrespective of whether they are local or travellers.
Be interesting to see who all the "locals only" advocates follow in football
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline havenselite

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 03 Oct 2018, 05:07:43 pm

and we never chased gordon or jamie from what i was told gordon preffered town at the time he signed and jamie sadly just signed a crazy contract at town

Im just meaning gordon is 1 of the best locals at town.
Up The Haven

Offline Recre Faithful

• First Team Regular
Reply #43 on: 03 Oct 2018, 05:33:31 pm
I get all the shouts for "a team full of locals" but for me I'd rather it was a team full of the best available players to do a job for haven within the budget, irrespective of whether they are local or travellers.
Be interesting to see who all the "locals only" advocates follow in football
Well said pal I couldn’t give a toss where there from if they’re wanting to put the Choc Blue & Gold on and make us a better team. Local lads in the mould of Jordan Burns & Conner Holliday who sat and waited to get there chance and when they got it took it by the scruff, if there not willing to wait then no thanks
Whitehaven RLFC The real pride of cumbria

Remember not everything that talks with an Aussie accent is good enough to wear the Green & Gold

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #44 on: 03 Oct 2018, 05:49:42 pm
I don't have an issue where players are from.  I have an issue at some not training or once a week at the most.  Not a good enough set up for amateur let alone semi professional.