HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Shaun Ainscough

Offline noahrob

• Fans Favourite
on: 02 Oct 2018, 09:24:55 pm
Shaun Ainscough has confirmed that he has left Batley.

The 28-year-old has been at the Bulldogs since the start of the 2015 season and has played over 80 games for the Championship outfit.

Ainscough scored 17 tries in 13 appearances for hometown club Wigan Warriors, before enjoying spells at Bradford Bulls and Whitehaven.

On his Batley departure, he tweeted: “Been an emotional night down at @BatleyRLFC saying my goodbyes.

“I loved every minute and wish the guys and fans the best for the future, love you all. I wear my heart on my sleeve every week and now it’s time to spend time with my family.

“I spent the best four years I could have asked for in the Batley jersey and some unforgettable moments. Even my kick for putting Batley on the map down to making the Super 8s playing in front of a packed-out Leeds stadium.

“It’s a special club and I felt welcome from the backroom staff down to the players and @MattDiskin for helping me fight my own personal demons.”

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 02 Oct 2018, 10:06:48 pm
Was good for us

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 03 Oct 2018, 07:11:54 am
He also "created" one of the most memorable tries ever with his kick after the hooter didn't go dead and Fev scored to beat Batley

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/9975519/bad-blunder-costs-batley-match
« Last Edit: 03 Oct 2018, 07:13:37 am by LeeF »

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 03 Oct 2018, 11:15:15 am
He also "created" one of the most memorable tries ever with his kick after the hooter didn't go dead and Fev scored to beat Batley

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/rugby-league/9975519/bad-blunder-costs-batley-match

Classic moment  :D :D

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2018, 08:45:01 pm
How comes he left wigan after scoring 17 tries in 13 games?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL