HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Jason Ball - New Board Member

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 05 Oct 2018, 06:04:57 pm
All at Whitehaven Rugby League are fully focused on 2019 and the challenges it will bring on and off the field including Jason Ball a local businessman and one of the owners of Jink tattoo shop based in Whitehaven who has joined the club's board of directors.

Speaking about joining the board of directors " I've lived in Whitehaven for nearly 20 and my father-in-law Barrow Wilson has been a Whitehaven supporter since he can remember and my two boys have been added fans. When I got the opportunity to be a member of the board I took it. It will be nice to have some input into the club rather than just shouting from the sidelines and bring some fresh eyes and ideas to how great it should be and get some interest back into the club and bring more people through the gates and support a great team. I'm looking forward to next season with the new coaching team and some of the amazing signings we have will bring the team back up to the top and be the side that people fear to play again."
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline branstymarra

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 05 Oct 2018, 10:32:51 pm
welcome Jason, but be prepared for the pessimistic outbursts from some posters

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 05 Oct 2018, 10:49:24 pm
welcome Jason, but be prepared for the pessimistic outbursts from some posters

They seem to have disappeared since Taylor and Thompson have resigned, it doesn't fit their sad bitter agenda.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2018, 01:42:44 am
sad and bitter or not blinded by the hype?
I'm all for spin but sometimes being honest about where we are as a club is seen as sad and bitter by the inner circle
An

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 06 Oct 2018, 07:10:32 am
Great to have you on board Jason, fantastic to see new Commitment from local businesses, here’s to a promising future with Haven

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 06 Oct 2018, 09:37:11 am
sad and bitter or not blinded by the hype?
I'm all for spin but sometimes being honest about where we are as a club is seen as sad and bitter by the inner circle
An

Things are tough for a lot of clubs, our directors have made plenty of mistakes, but no one has stepped forward until tonight.  So, we have what we what. The fact is since the supporters saved the club Dean Fearon managed to get Carslberg on board,  we now have quite a wealthy bloke joining the BOD and the signings of Taylor and Thompson are unexpected from where we thought we where a couple of months ago.  No problem with anyone at the club being criticised, but credit should also be given when it's due.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 06 Oct 2018, 10:00:48 am
great signings. chuffed to bits
all im saying is if we don't recognise things we'll never get better

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 06 Oct 2018, 10:44:25 am

But have the BOD not recognised things?  We can be greatful to foz, but he wasn't right the coach for our club for two reasons.  One the cost, two training once a week at best.  The fact the players who have resigned so far show they like Charlton's plans for the club.  And we can afford them through the savings in the coaching set up.  Yes we would all like more clarity from the BOD about things, but are they any different to other BODs at other clubs?  Things are looking positive atm when a few weeks ago we were expecting basically a team full of pub players.  I don't see what there is to be negative about?  If and it's a big if,  if we get even a couple of the locals we are trying to get that is something no other coach will have managed over the five or six years.  The fact these players are in talks is down to the new coaching set up.  Maybe that is down to Gorley more than Charlton who knows.  But a fact is if foz had stayed they wouldn't even be talking to us.

Offline sandwithyan

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 06 Oct 2018, 10:52:01 am
so foz was the problem?

Lets move on then

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 06 Oct 2018, 11:05:46 am
so foz was the problem?

Lets move on then

No, we can't afford him and Stewart, so the club have cut their cloth accordingly which is something you shout from the roof tops that they should do.  So, yes, we move on and so far things have moved on very well.  What more can anyone ask?  Fans throwing their toys out of their pram over Foz going when we Can't afford him is frankly baffling.  Thompson and Taylor resigning proves that there is more about the than the departing coach.

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 06 Oct 2018, 12:11:24 pm

But have the BOD not recognised things?  We can be greatful to foz, but he wasn't right the coach for our club for two reasons.  One the cost, two training once a week at best.  The fact the players who have resigned so far show they like Charlton's plans for the club.  And we can afford them through the savings in the coaching set up.  Yes we would all like more clarity from the BOD about things, but are they any different to other BODs at other clubs?  Things are looking positive atm when a few weeks ago we were expecting basically a team full of pub players.  I don't see what there is to be negative about?  If and it's a big if,  if we get even a couple of the locals we are trying to get that is something no other coach will have managed over the five or six years.  The fact these players are in talks is down to the new coaching set up.  Maybe that is down to Gorley more than Charlton who knows.  But a fact is if foz had stayed they wouldn't even be talking to us.

Can I ask where you get the evidence from of Fozz only training once a week if that?

Des

Offline whitey12

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 06 Oct 2018, 12:26:27 pm
Himself in interviews mate, he said that before the Hunslet game was time they had done contact training for three months. Repeated said in interviews we will see how things are Wednesday's etc. 

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 06 Oct 2018, 12:58:15 pm
Himself in interviews mate, he said that before the Hunslet game was time they had done contact training for three months. Repeated said in interviews we will see how things are Wednesday's etc.

Contact training is different from not training. The squad trained 3 times a week, contact was restricted because the squad was down to bare bones with everyone carrying knocks. That is a big difference from saying Fozz wasn’t training. The travellers came up twice a week and did one session in Lancashire. Likewise local based players did a session with Macca up here.

To say the players, including Fozz, didn’t train is a lie. Everyone of them was totally committed and did extras outside the three organised sessions. When he said we’ll see how things are on Wednesday etc that was in relation to how many were fit and what type of training they could do.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 06 Oct 2018, 01:03:50 pm
Thanks for the clarification des

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 06 Oct 2018, 07:46:53 pm

Ooops