• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2018, 09:23:27 pm
Like it will take some getting used to but miles better

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2018, 09:25:06 pm
Awful, don't like the new layout at all
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2018, 09:45:44 pm
What you are seeing at the moment isn't the finished article. The main purpose of changing themes is to make it more mobile friendly. The old theme wasn't response so involved a lot of "pinch and zoom" on a mobile to make it usable - and this is what the new theme will try and fix.

Over the next few days the theme may switch back to the old one - but feedback on the new theme from mobile users would be particularly useful (especially iPhone as I'm an Android user...)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2018, 09:49:15 pm
Even worse on my phone
Only showing the left hand side of the front page
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2018, 09:55:42 pm
Even worse on my phone
Only showing the left hand side of the front page

I was working on that point before you said - was really annoying me as well. Can you check now? I've improved the homepage on a mobile so it shows the latest post like it used to

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2018, 10:07:02 pm
I’m on the new iPhone XS max and the layout is much improved on the main page and I am not having to turn landscape and pinch and zoom.  I’m sure once we all get used to it, it’ll be fine!  We are all dinosaurs 🦕 and hate change.  But we have to live with the times
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2018, 10:07:27 pm
All ok for me on Apple

HW

Offline eternal optimist

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2018, 10:47:13 pm
Working fine on iPhone 7 far easier to read now than the old forum.

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #9 on: 09 Oct 2018, 02:00:58 pm
I've made some additional tweaks to the homepage styling - might make it a bit easier to read the latest posts in each section without the icons. More changes are on the way, but feedback (especially mobile/tablet) is welcome.

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2018, 04:31:18 pm
When I try and go on the forum I get a message saying "This is a malicious site and is being used to steal personal information or plant viruses on your device."

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #11 on: 14 Oct 2018, 05:05:28 pm
When I try and go on the forum I get a message saying "This is a malicious site and is being used to steal personal information or plant viruses on your device."

Could you please take a screenshot of the message and send it to my via PM please?

Offline Exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2018, 06:02:01 pm
It's full of advertising
We all hate town,and we all hate town

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2018, 06:58:55 pm
Slowly getting used to it

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2018, 07:10:41 pm
It's full of advertising

This has been mentioned in another thread so I should probably explain the reasons.

For many years I had other websites that could share the hosting cost of the forum so it was just absorbed. That is no longer the case and I'm now at the point where it is the only site paying the cost.

This forum will always be free for members to access. There have been some suggestions to make it a paid forum, but it isn't something I agree with. I have therefore placed small advertisements at the top and bottom of the forum to help cover the costs (especially as I will be adding an SSL certificate shortly to improve security). The ads will only ever appear here and will not appear between posts - I've tried to keep it as intrusive as possible.

I hope people understand this and continue to contribute. The forum has been going since 2005 and I'm hoping it will continue for many years to come