HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Cross code initiatives

Offline stockporthaven

• Academy Star
on: 18 Oct 2018, 07:34:30 pm
While League is my preferred code I can , sometimes appreciate the 15 code,

Got into a discussion with a friend who is a Sale Sharks fan, I tried to point out the Union has adopted far more from League than the opposite .

I think League led the way with substitutions, Video Refs, Communication between assistant refs and ref, banning the shoulder charge, uncontested scrums, sin-bins...

Are there any others, and what has Union given to league? (Although I wouldn't say no to their quality of administration)

Offline JHs Lad

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2018, 10:27:56 pm
We introduced R U to razzmatazz, lead them from boot money to a transparent professional sport, gave it high tech coaching leading to less kicking and a game of try scoring spectator open rugby. 
What the RFU need to think about next is reducing the number of players on the pitch to 13 😀

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2018, 07:53:21 am
We could do with relocating RL down to the south of England where the money is at. As for RL it's to predictable with the same teams playing each other yearly,  RU doesn't have this problem.

Offline cano

• Academy Star
  • Haven in the Maldives
Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2018, 08:24:37 am
I'm not a union fan I rarely watch it apart from the odd international but where they have got it right is playing in winter,  I firmly believe this is the way to go people have so much more to do in the summer and it has drastically affected gates,  GET BACK TO WINTER  !!!!