HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sam Forrester

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 07 Nov 2018, 05:59:59 am
Whitehaven RL are delighted to announce the signing of Workington Town winger Sam Forrester.

Sam won the most improved player at Workington’s end of season awards as he scored 13 tries in 20 appearances last season as they reached the play-off finals in Betfred League 1. He started his career at Maryport ARL gaining international honours with England community Lions Under 18’s touring South Africa and Lebanon and Barla Open Age touring Australia.

Speaking of signing on a one year deal Forrester said “I’m excited for the new challenge of what lies ahead for me at Whiteheaven. Jonty and Charlo were a big factor for me to move and also the way the club are wanting to do things this year.
I’m looking forward to getting stuck into pre season and meeting all the lads.
There is some great people at Workington Town and I wish them all the best for the future."

Head coach Gary Charlton was full of praise for Forrester saying “Sam is someone that all the coaching team wanted as we see him as a big piece of the jigsaw we are putting together. He has pace to burn and also great lines of running, put that with good defence and a ability to play under pressure he’s a great signing for the club. "

This is the first new member of the 2019 squad  and more news will continue to be released over the coming weeks as preparations continue towards the start of pre-season training.
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 07 Nov 2018, 06:50:11 am
Great player welcome to haven Sam

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 07 Nov 2018, 07:08:14 am
Excellent signing welcome to haven

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 07 Nov 2018, 07:37:48 am
Welcome to Haven marra good luck for the coming season

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 07 Nov 2018, 07:45:24 am
Welcome to haven sam
born and bred haven.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #5 on: 07 Nov 2018, 01:57:03 pm
this just adds to the good feeling I have about next season...…..the only fly in the ointment appears to be the RFL and their inability to generate a decent sized division and hence fixture list.

So much for their daft 'expansionist ideas'

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 07 Nov 2018, 04:14:27 pm
Classy fullback,really good signing.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2018, 05:45:51 pm
great signing knows how to score tries and keeps competition going in 2 positions.. :tip:

Offline sam19

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 07 Nov 2018, 08:13:05 pm
Excellent signing  ;D

Offline harry callaghan

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 08 Nov 2018, 05:18:45 pm
Excellent signing,maybe even better by Workingtons petty tweet about Whitehaven's announcement backfiring in brilliant fashion as some of their old boys pilled in on them  :bow:

Offline MIG45

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 08 Nov 2018, 07:30:34 pm
Petty tweet how? Having a bit of banter about spelling his name wrong and then wishing him well? Don’t see at all how that’s petty....

Online Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 08 Nov 2018, 09:31:21 pm
Excellent signing,maybe even better by Workingtons petty tweet about Whitehaven's announcement backfiring in brilliant fashion as some of their old boys pilled in on them  :bow:
Old boys . . You got that right 🤣
All good banter but the dummy's were flying that day.