HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sam Dowsett

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 12 Nov 2018, 06:00:00 am
Whitehaven RL are thrilled to announce the signing of Sam Dowsett from National Confernece Side Askam. Hooker Dowsett has previously played professional at Workington Town back in 2017.

Dowsett has represented his county and Barla Under 19’s at amateur level while at Askam and is hoping to make the permanent step up after having to leave Workington back in 2017 due to work commitments.

Speaking about signing for the club and wearing Chocolate, Blue and Gold in 2019 Dowsett said “I’m really looking forward to this year after signing with Whitehaven. The opportunity to work with Charlo, Jonty and Macca and after hearing the club’s future plans, made it an easy decision for me to take. The direction Whitehaven are heading towards make it’s an exciting year for the club and I can’t wait to be a part of it. I would like to thank the coaches and lads at Askam ARLFC for this year I’ve had getting me back into it after a difficult spell at Workington. I’d also like to thank Whitehaven for giving me the opportunity to test myself again at a professional level. I can’t wait for to get going in pre season and get ready for the start of the year.

Assistant coach Jonty Gorley said “It’s great to have Sam on board with us at Haven, he’s the type of player every coach wants in his squad. His willingness to learn how to be a good 9 is very encouraging, saying that he is already at a standard where he can hold his own. He’s good  out of dummy half, his passing game is good. He has a kicking game which is a bonus for the team to have a 9 that can kick and he also doesn’t mind the tough stuff in the middle.
I coached Sam at Workington and I honestly don’t think he knows how good he can be. Work commitments ended his spell at Town but that’s changed now, so I jumped at the chance to get to him to Whitehaven.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2018, 06:34:26 am
Welcome to haven Sam looks promising

Offline Haven n Proud

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2018, 07:08:33 am
Great signing, best player in a Workington shirt when he played us pre-season last year. Welcome to Haven Sam  :bow:

Offline kellsladbornandbred

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2018, 07:31:09 am
Welcome to HAVEN marra,  here’s to a very successful season for you and the Club.
A classy Group of players coming together now, and with the emphasis on local Cumbrian Talent enhanced with our senior experienced Players the season ahead looks very promising.
Keep the momentum going.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2018, 05:54:05 pm
aother good young local onboard hopefully the"sign up locals" whingers will come back to the terraces next season

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2018, 05:57:36 pm
Isn’t this what we have all wanted for years a local side it should be supported to the maximum i for one cant wait